hi all the gurus

here is my choice combo - jbl cinema 300 and harman kardon AVR 134

but the only problem i face is

as per the vendor of - the shop- in andheri

it is not supporting ,
- 3d technology
- blu ray
- HD

so can i change the harman kardon avr 134 and in a budget of about 15000 to 18000 max- get something which gets me the above three things also

i just visited recently to "the shop " in mumbai , was amazed to find a quality sound difference between onkyo 3400 v/s jbl cinema 300 and harman kardon AVR 134 .

was very much interested in avr 134 jbl combo as it had a great quality difference both in terms of music and movies.

but was sad on knowing that it doesnt support 3d and bluray , and hdmi format.

pls gurus, put some light on how to the same quality of sound with a different avr, which supports 3d, bluray and hdmi, and goes well with jbl cinema 300 speakers.

thank u all of u.

also will it make sense to buy harman kardon avr 2600 which is 7.1 channel and connect with jbl cinema 300 . which is 5.1 channel speaker

and in future can i add a pair of jbl speaker to make cinema 300 in to a 7.1 channel.

avr 2600 is 110 watts and is available in usa amazon in indian 18000/-Rs. , my friend can carry it along.

thank u and regards.

Difficult to give you an answer since you are talking about personal preference. If I told you I visited a certain sweet shop and loved the taste of their jalebi, then asked you to recommend something that tasted just as good, what would you say? How would you know what tastes good to me? Likewise, when you talk about the "quality of sound", how is anyone supposed to know what you mean?

So, first things first: what features are you looking for in a receiver? 3D support? Room correction? Do you plan on doing a 5.1 or 7.1 set-up? Once you find a receiver that fits your needs, then you can pick a speaker package to go with it.

@vdpandit - For 18k you can look for Denon 1311 which supports HD audio, 3D etc. It is 5.1. If you can stretch your budget a little high then you can look for Denon 1611 5.1 or onkyo 508 7.1.

It would be be a wise decision to go for Denon 1611... if u want something purely for Movies go for Onkyo,, otherwise Denon is good for both music and movies..

hello gurus : Denon DHT-1311XP upgradable to 7.1ch

yes thats what some dealer from south india claims, is it a fact, and if yes , what will the upgrade involve, with respect to the avr and also with respect to the speakers

also are the speakers supplied with denon dht 1311 xp , good enough

The AVR-1311 receiver is available for about Rs 24k, while the SYS-391 speakers, if sold separately, retail for about Rs 20k

total package is available at 39.5 k , with discount, is it a good deal. if i bargain to 35k.

thank u all of u sirs

Edit/Delete Message

yes thats what some dealer from south india claims, is it a fact, and if yes , what will the upgrade involve, with respect to the avr and also with respect to the speakers

The AVR-1311 receiver is available for about Rs 24k, while the SYS-391 speakers, if sold separately, retail for about Rs 20k

total package is available at 39.5 k , with discount, is it a good deal. if i bargain to 35k.

thank u all of u sirs

Edit/Delete Message

hey, u sent me a PM & I replied that the 1311 is available for 18k, u would have read this on the forum as well. no idea on the SYS-391. I don't see the reason for you to come up with these prices & asking if these are good when you have been informed of lower prices. :mad:

thank u all of u sirs

Edit/Delete Message

You can upgrade to 7.1 by using an additional pair of speakers and a stereo amplifier.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back