Bookshelf speaker (Budget under Rs. 40000)

@irv first time I am hearing this brand, thank you for the introduction. What are you driving them with ?
I came to know about them from some of the posts in the forum. Then read a lot of reviews..
My chain is a humble one.... Marantz PM6007 and Google Chrome cast audio.

I am surprised no one suggested KEF Q150s so far. I have owned them for a while and these sound great. Yes, these cost a little over 40k if that’s ok, you definitely should audition it.

Please make sure you audition all the speakers — that’s the only way you will know what you will love the most.
KEFs ae insanely priced. Can you believe, when KEF Q300 came out initially, I bought it new for 26k. But when they stopped that model to start 350, the price was 52k. The 150s are never worth that price.

KEFs ae insanely priced. Can you believe, when KEF Q300 came out initially, I bought it new for 26k. But when they stopped that model to start 350, the price was 52k. The 150s are never worth that price.
That depends - have you seen the competition?

To my ears and a few other FMs who've both sampled it and the Wharfedale Evo 4.2 as well as Klipsch RP600M at my place, it sounded better than the latter speakers despite being much more expensive than the Q350.

I'm yet to hear a speaker that's convincingly better to my ears at a price point lower than the Q350, even at its current asking price of 57K.

I got mine in late 2018 for 43K 😁 and I was bummed out when it went on sale for an even lower price of 40K in mid 2019.

P.S. - having said all of the above, i do have to admit that there's some stellar competition available to the Q150. Unless one really resonates with its attributes, the PSB Alpha P5 (20k - 26K) and the Mission QX2 (27k - 33K) make for better all rounders. I recently heard the PSB Alpha P5 in a friend's house driven by an SMSL DA9 and it was literally shaking his 200 sq.ft. room, at least on the couch that i was seated on. What the Mission QX-2 can do for its asking price also beggars belief.

P.p.s - i got the PSB Alpha P5 at 19K (2022) and Mission QX-2 was 27K (2020).

Last edited:

To my ears and a few other FMs who've both sampled it and the Wharfedale Evo 4.2 as well as Klipsch RP600M at my place, it sounded better than the latter speakers despite being much more expensive than the Q350.

I'm yet to hear a speaker that's convincingly better to my ears at a price point lower than the Q350, even at its current asking price of 57K.

I got mine in late 2018 for 43K 😁 and I was bummed out when it went on sale for an even lower price of 40K in mid 2019.

P.S. - having said all of the above, i do have to admit that there's some stellar competition available to the Q150. Unless one really resonates with its attributes, the PSB Alpha P5 (20k - 26K) and the Mission QX2 (27k - 33K) make for better all rounders. I recently heard the PSB Alpha P5 in a friend's house driven by an SMSL DA9 and it was literally shaking his 200 sq.ft. room, at least on the couch that i was seated on. What the Mission QX-2 can do for its asking price also beggars belief.

Are you selling the PSBs😜😜

Please compare to SB acoustics bromo kit...?

Among the two, the PSB and the Mission, which one is your fav. That tweets on the Mission looks special.
Hands down the Mission. And while the tweeter is nice and refined, it's the woofer that really steals the show. Incredible heft and excursion while maintaining a very well balanced sound! It's a fantastic all rounder and all the speaker one needs if you want to call it a day! I've yet to come across a speaker below 1L that convincingly improves on the Mission QX2 to be considered a step up in SQ.

Last edited:
Hands down the Mission. And while the tweeter is nice and refined, it's the woofer that really steals the show. Incredible heft and excursion while maintaining a very well balanced sound! It's a fantastic all rounder and all the speaker one needs if you want to call it a day! I've yet to come across a speaker below 1L that convincingly improves on the Mission QX2 to be considered a step up in SQ.
You seem to have a massive collection of speakers !! Was reading your signature. Which is your favourite ? Is it the 350 ?

You seem to have a massive collection of speakers !! Was reading your signature. Which is your favourite ? Is it the 350 ?

Asking a dad, which one is your favorite child :p

Listing down some speakers in 40k to consider:
Mission QX2
Mission LX 3 (if available)
PSB P5
QA 3030i
Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2
Monitor Audio Bronze 2
Kef Q150
QA Concept 20

Asking a dad, which one is your favorite child :p
Nevertheless, I shall endeavour. Here we go...

The Quad S5 followed by the KEF Q350 as a very close second.

However, the Quads took a massive effort to set up right, and may divide opinion.

The KEFs play nicely with just about anything (in my collection) and are not very finicky.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back