Bookshelf speaker within 50k

@drkrack posted twice on this thread regarding CK2.
Many a Hyd FM say he has "golden bat" ears.
He is very helpful and a nice guy, provided you ask the right questions.
@SachinChavan owns a pair too.
Here is FM @sidvee's link to a review
Ahh, there's nothing golden about ;)but that's a clear indication for me to refrain. :cool:

Now OP needs to demo locally available bookshelf speakers and post his impressions so that we could help him better.

Ahh, there's nothing golden about ;)but that's a clear indication for me to refrain. :cool:

Now OP needs to demo locally available bookshelf speakers and post his impressions so that we could help him better.
Starting this weekend. Will certainly post impression and seek advice.

@drkrack posted twice on this thread regarding CK2.
Many a Hyd FM say he has "golden bat" ears.
He is very helpful and a nice guy, provided you ask the right questions.
@SachinChavan owns a pair too.
Here is FM @sidvee's link to a review

Yes, I do own the CK2 for two years now. I can say you’d appreciate them if you like warm, non-fatiguing sound. Not for those seeking analytical experience. PRAT isn’t its strength, it’s kind of laid back. The HF is not the highlight here, vocals are. Mesmerising especially for music from 70’s and earlier. And there’s sufficient bass that makes the sound big enough for a large room (mine is 350 sq ft). The sound propagates well and it serves far-field listening as well. But buy only if you can have a clear distance from wall of about two feet. Otherwise they sound muddy. I learnt that by trial and error. They blend very well in a living room with classic decor. Suggest using them with the CK2 stands.

D941EC64-5A09-4E32-BF7B-12D823F808EB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If budget allows buy Dynaudio Emit 10 or 20. Don't get fooled by its numbers. Very easy to drive . All other entry level BS speakers mentioned out here cant match its scale and dynamics. Rest upto you ear.......
I can’t stress on that enough. The emit 20 will run circles around most speakers in the same price range and higher. Don’t be fooled by the numbers. Can’t say that enough times. They are relatively easy to run and a decent amp will get the best out of them.

I can’t stress on that enough. The emit 20 will run circles around most speakers in the same price range and higher. Don’t be fooled by the numbers. Can’t say that enough times. They are relatively easy to run and a decent amp will get the best out of them.
Thanks celester for the the reply. Appreciate your time.
Dyns, quad S2 and castle are certainly the fore runner in my list. Have planned few auditions today and tomorrow and then take a final call.

The only downside of the emit 20 I felt was it would reveal a bad source immediately. Which is the character of a good speaker anyways.

But if u have a well recorded cd lp or source, then there is just nothing these speakers can't do! Good luck in your search!

Understand and totally with u @celester340 @sachinclemens on this.
But don't want to commit without listening to it.
Any fellow members using dynaudio emit m20 in Bangalore?? An audition would be much appreciated.

Yes that’s the perfect way to take a decision. Good luck in finding a suitable one for you at the earliest. Cheers.

do look at eightaudio Satori Ara

it will be higher than your budget but will be very satisfying IMO

a lovely speaker - i heard this at whathifi show Mumbai

Maybe they can send you a pair for audition

do check..

do look at eightaudio Satori Ara

it will be higher than your budget but will be very satisfying IMO

a lovely speaker - i heard this at whathifi show Mumbai

Maybe they can send you a pair for audition

do check..
Certainly mpw, that's for the suggestion. Appreciate it.
Called them on Friday but they were busy with the show in hyd. Will reach out to them once they are back. Apparently, they have a dealer in Bangalore who can arrange an audition.

Certainly mpw, that's for the suggestion. Appreciate it.
Called them on Friday but they were busy with the show in hyd. Will reach out to them once they are back. Apparently, they have a dealer in Bangalore who can arrange an audition.

i loved it when i heard it in Mumbai

it was not setup properly but i could feel a lot of potential.

but i must say we are all wired differently so we hear differently

Please do hear these speakers in your home before making up your mind.

YMMV

regards

Good looking models too from EightAudio. Hope to hear them somewhere in Bangalore.
Loved the looks of wooden finish one, Platina.
Cheers,
Raghu

Who are Bangalore dealers?
Pilakal Home Cinema handed me a brochure when I visited them a couple of months ago.
Any other dealers?
Cheers,
Raghu
Not sure about the name of the dealer. Contacted this number from their website +91-9000597711 and was informed that they have the dealer in Bangalore and shall be available for demo after the hifi show in Hyd. Will reach out to them tomorrow again and get more details.

Found a dealer for eight audio in Bangalore.
Pilakal audio. But they are still setting up.
They apparently stock def tech as well. The audition for eight audio and def tech d11 is planned sometime end of the month once they set up. Will post the experience.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back