Bookshelf speaker within 50k

Hi Kumar, just saw this thread, i've owned the CK2 since 2015 Oct and can swear by them having used in an untreated normal room with various amps. I stay at Whitefield and you're welcome to audition them at home, PM me and can take it from there.

Hi Kumar, just saw this thread, i've owned the CK2 since 2015 Oct and can swear by them having used in an untreated normal room with various amps. I stay at Whitefield and you're welcome to audition them at home, PM me and can take it from there.

Thanks Nitin, Appreciate the gesture.

You have a PM

I have a DIY bookshelf made out of the Zaph Audio 5.2 kit some years back. Not being used, so do let me if it interests you then you can check it out and it will be far less than your budget :)

Thanks

I have a DIY bookshelf made out of the Zaph Audio 5.2 kit some years back. Not being used, so do let me if it interests you then you can check it out and it will be far less than your budget :)

Thanks

Missed this post somehow. Apologies.

Can you please share specification of the speakers? Possibly an image as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
@Kumar442244, try auditioning NHT SuperOne 2.1. Natural, balanced Sounding with decent bass(Sealed enclosure/Acoustic Suspension) and impressive for Stereo setup and music. should be within budget you mentioned.

@Kumar442244, try auditioning NHT SuperOne 2.1. Natural, balanced Sounding with decent bass(Sealed enclosure/Acoustic Suspension) and impressive for Stereo setup and music. should be within budget you mentioned.

Thanks Abhi for the suggestion. Appreciate it.
Have you heard them? Any dealer/owner where I can audition this?
The price in India is rediculously high.

Try out the Focal Chorus v706s. These old birds might just end up surprising you.

Last edited:
Currently using Dali zensor 3 which m finding a bit bright. Looking for an upgrade over z3.

I am using Dali Z3s for 4 months now, I tried few class AB amps on it, found it bright in all combinations. I opened up the Xovers and its all having basic components electrolyte caps, resistors and inductors. Planing to put it on active and try.

I am on the hunt for new drivers too. recently auditioned Klipsch RP bookshelves, they are not bright, but it doesn't have details what Dali Z3 puts out. I found their floor stands RP6000 to be better in terms of details.

I am using Dali Z3s for 4 months now, I tried few class AB amps on it, found it bright in all combinations. I opened up the Xovers and its all having basic components electrolyte caps, resistors and inductors. Planing to put it on active and try.

I am on the hunt for new drivers too. recently auditioned Klipsch RP bookshelves, they are not bright, but it doesn't have details what Dali Z3 puts out. I found their floor stands RP6000 to be better in terms of details.
Hey,

Did the experiment help?

Thanks guys for the support each one of you have bestowed. Really appreciate it.
I have finally pulled the trigger and got myself a tannoy xt mini. Thanks to one of the FMs in helping me get these.
It's been with me for about a fortnight now and is still improving.
Initial impression is really great. These are 4 inches driver with miniature footprint so the bass department lacks. But then, my subwoofer takes care of that. The highs and mids are the star of the show, very accurate and agile. These are quite neutral with very transparent presentation. Peachtree gels quite well.

Hey,

Did the experiment help?
Sorry, i didn't update..

I got one more idea in between. Upgraded the capacitors to Mundrof Evo on the crossovers.

The tweeter got mellowed and tonality changed. But i am not ok with 2k to 1k frequency. Thought of upgrading the resistors and inductors but didn't have time.

Then on the amp side i upgraded to Elna silmic and Nichicon KZ. I use Adcom GFA 4304 amp in 2ch mode, it's heavily class A biased amp, Idles 6Amp.

I am happy with the over all sound output.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back