Bose AM5 Series III - Your Comment Please.

and if SKR saw Bose in a Lexus - that is only because 70% of very rich people buy Toyota Lexus - and of them 70% are jackasses! and if the boffins at Lexus chose Bose - it is not because Bose is excellent hi-fi...

Actually, Lexus came with Nakamichi as standard factory equipment in 1989 (and for many years afterwards). It was competent and reliable, but nothing terribly great as far as sonics were concerned. I'm not sure about this, but it's possible that the Toyota boffins went with Bose after Nakamichi became a crap lifestyle brand and was sold to somebody in Malaysia. A bit like jumping from the frying pan into the fire...

BTW, I used to like Alpine and Blaupunkt in the car audio department, but that was in the '90s...

Actually, Lexus came with Nakamichi as standard factory equipment in 1989 (and for many years afterwards). It was competent and reliable, but nothing terribly great as far as sonics were concerned. I'm not sure about this, but it's possible that the Toyota boffins went with Bose after Nakamichi became a crap lifestyle brand and was sold to somebody in Malaysia. A bit like jumping from the frying pan into the fire...

BTW, I used to like Alpine and Blaupunkt in the car audio department, but that was in the '90s...

yes, the older alpine components were pretty good!

Wow! That's been a lot of Bose-bashing! On the contrary, having listened extensively to the 901s, I would have to admit their sound quality is definitely above par all their other systems. It seems to have a more 'open' sound and natural quality comparable with low end Martin Logans. Pretty good I'd say. Though I'm not at all a fan of their AMx series or their lifestyle series. They seem to run out of breath just as soon as you turn the volume up. Ewww!!

nice to see this thread still alive after so many days.....happy bose bashing.......:cool:)

The secret to this amp is an innovative audio chipset designed by an entrepreneur named Adya Tripathi. Is he the new Amar Bose?

Tripaths founder, Adya Tripathi, figured out a way to make a digital amplifier that produces very little distortion. Tripathi, a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and a veteran of National Semiconductor, Advanced Micro Devices and IBM, found that part of the trick involves pulsing on and off at far higher ratesmillions of times per second Tripaths higher pulse rate creates more chances to offset signal distortion by applying feedback The T-Amp uses Tripaths lowest-end chip which puts out 15 watts of power and costs $3 [Link]

i am getting a pair of bose acoutsimass cubes, that have a different connector at the back, i want to connect them to normal speaker wires. Can any users suggest how to go about the same

i am getting a pair of bose acoutsimass cubes, that have a different connector at the back, i want to connect them to normal speaker wires. Can any users suggest how to go about the same

post a picture of the connectors

The secret to this amp is an innovative audio chipset designed by an entrepreneur named Adya Tripathi. Is he the new Amar Bose?

Tripaths founder, Adya Tripathi, figured out a way to make a digital amplifier that produces very little distortion.

Tripath came out with some great Class-D chips (they called it Class-T), but unfortunately they ran out of money and went bankrupt and their shareholders (including me) lost their shirts on Tripath stock. Their IP was sold to Cirrus Logic as part of bankruptcy proceedings, and you can still get NOS Tripath chips as well as assembled boards at a variety of places, including EBay. Don't expect any new designs or fresh production, though. Adya Tripathi is probably not the next Amar Bose, which is a good thing, IMHO - it's probably not a compliment to be compared to Amar Bose.

The entry-level Tripath boards sound very good for their rated power (2 x 15W or so), and are about 90% efficient - good enough to run them off batteries.

Which Bose Acoustimass model are you talking about ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back