Bose Cube Speakers

tarunsodwadiya

I recently purchased a set of Bose cube array speakers (mostly AM10 Series 4, not sure) which are prestine untouched in the box condition.

Planning it to pair with Denon AVR - X2500H (stereo at moment, but open to atmos setup with the current avr) and an Acoustech PL-200 II sub - open to recommendations and suggestions.

I want to set this up the right way, however I am unable to find the spec sheet of those speakers (for frequency response etc).

Does anyone know the specs for these speakers? I am open to any suggestions for this setup (P.S. I am new to the Bose underworld, be gentle please).

You Could... although I wouldn't suggest it... Bose speakers are a bit
proprietary...
The sub contains cross-overs which protect the MF/HF drivers and ensure they only receive the frequency range they're designed to handle. If you don't end up blowing them first, then you'll be getting very poor results running the cubes without an acoustimass module.

I recently purchased a set of Bose cube array speakers (mostly AM10 Series 4, not sure) which are prestine untouched in the box condition.

Planning it to pair with Denon AVR - X2500H (stereo at moment, but open to atmos setup with the current avr) and an Acoustech PL-200 II sub - open to recommendations and suggestions.

I want to set this up the right way, however I am unable to find the spec sheet of those speakers (for frequency response etc).

Does anyone know the specs for these speakers? I am open to any suggestions for this setup (P.S. I am new to the Bose underworld, be gentle please).
Have you run the audyssey routine? That should be able to pick the frequency the speakers are doing and set it all up accordingly. Just make sure they are all set to small.

For some reason if audyssey is setting the crossover frequency too low, then manually set it to 120hz or higher. Do not set it below 120hz.

MaSh

Have you run the audyssey routine? That should be able to pick the frequency the speakers are doing and set it all up accordingly. Just make sure they are all set to small.

For some reason if audyssey is setting the crossover frequency too low, then manually set it to 120hz or higher. Do not set it below 120hz.

MaSh
I do not have the audyssey microphone for the calibration. Can this be done through receiver? Or should I just manually set it up in the settings?

The Acoustimass uses I believe around a 200 Hz crossover point to the bass module. Now if you take those cubes and put them on an actual AVR, be aware they don't do anything below under 200 to 250Hz so you need a very high crossover. If you want to use 80Hz then they won't do that.

Hi,

These will not sound pleasant as the cube wires go to the bass module which in houses the crossover! I have tried using Bose Jewel cubes standalone without the bose bass module a couple of years back and even with audyssey setup it still does not sound fulfilling at all like they are supposed to sound when using their complete system.

Other local brands like Space audio or Pandam or Telome or DNM have copied Bose but have put in some small chips capicitors in the cubes and they work like satellites but can go as low as 200hz, so you cant expect punch or decent midbass from them.

Honestly you would be better off getting some 2 way satellites which have their own crossover inbuilt. If you are going to use the system at loud volumes, it may make sense to get bigger satellites or bookshelf speakers. I started with satellites then bookshelfs etc....learnt the hard way directly through experience.

I do not have the audyssey microphone for the calibration. Can this be done through receiver? Or should I just manually set it up in the settings?
Yes it can be done via receiver. However do try to get the mic as audyssey does a lot more than just levelling and crossover. For now, set the bose speakers to Small and crossover to 120-200hz as per your preferences. Do not go below 120 hz. You'll need a sub that can be set high to blend with speakers. Since the speakers have no low end the sub will have to work harder crossed much higher than normal.

These are decent speakers and look good in a living room. Just need extra care in setting up. Check olx, bose subs keep coming up for sale.

MaSh

Yes it can be done via receiver. However do try to get the mic as audyssey does a lot more than just levelling and crossover. For now, set the bose speakers to Small and crossover to 120-200hz as per your preferences. Do not go below 120 hz. You'll need a sub that can be set high to blend with speakers. Since the speakers have no low end the sub will have to work harder crossed much higher than normal.

These are decent speakers and look good in a living room. Just need extra care in setting up. Check olx, bose subs keep coming up for sale.

MaSh

This is noted. While my search for bose bass module is still on the move, my only concern was, will it be deep enough for my ears to tinkle. Because as a reference point, I have been using acoustech pl sub, which is doing a GREAT job.

This is noted. While my search for bose bass module is still on the move, my only concern was, will it be deep enough for my ears to tinkle. Because as a reference point, I have been using acoustech pl sub, which is doing a GREAT job.

IMHO I dont think the cubes will do actual justice. As mentioned earlier you should explore satellites or bookshelfs which are 2 way (Tweeter + Mid Bass woofer).

Update: I bought AM10 Series 3 sub, which is in great working condition as well. Now the only question is which avr should I pair it with. Any suggestions? I will be using the speakers primarily with my Samsung Frame TV.

Update: I bought AM10 Series 3 sub, which is in great working condition as well. Now the only question is which avr should I pair it with. Any suggestions? I will be using the speakers primarily with my Samsung Frame TV.
Congratulations. What are the inputs on this sub? Does it come with RCA, speaker level or bose proprietary? This will decide what you need next.

MaSh

It has rca inputs. Picture attached
Thats great. If I remember right, this is a Passive Sub. So you need to connect the Speaker Out of receiver to the Inputs on the Sub. So you would need Bare wire on one end to connect to the Speaker Out on the receiver and RCA plugs on the other end to connect to the Bose Sub.

Look for any receiver that claims to put out over 100w at 8ohms (20-20khz) with atleast 2 channels driven.

You might need these for the speaker wire to and from the sub.
RCA Plugs for Speaker Wire

MaSh

Thats great. If I remember right, this is a Passive Sub. So you need to connect the Speaker Out of receiver to the Inputs on the Sub. So you would need Bare wire on one end to connect to the Speaker Out on the receiver and RCA plugs on the other end to connect to the Bose Sub.

Look for any receiver that claims to put out over 100w at 8ohms (20-20khz) with atleast 2 channels driven.

You might need these for the speaker wire to and from the sub.
RCA Plugs for Speaker Wire

MaSh
Thanks much! Really appreciate it response. However, can you suggest a few receivers for me to filter out? Also, I have a denon avr-x2500h. Would you recommend using that?

Thanks much! Really appreciate it response. However, can you suggest a few receivers for me to filter out? Also, I have a denon avr-x2500h. Would you recommend using that?
You are welcome. Yes absolutely. Go ahead hook up the denon. Now that you are running all speakers through the Bose sub, mark them as Large.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back