Bose wave radio alternatives?

Shivam

I am searching for alternatives for Bose Wave Radio.

My requirements are these-
The form factor should be similar to the Bose Wave or maybe even a little bigger.
It should work without remote too.
The radio should have AM mode too.
USB/Card reader.

Any suggestions?

Hi,
A few quick questions:
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is the size of the room you're looking to fill?
  3. What is the intended use of the system?
  4. What kind of music do you listen to?

Budget is less than INR 50K.
Room size - a medium living room.
The system will be used for soft background music, mostly supported digital files and rarely radio.
Old hindi songs, ghazals, country music, easy listening etc.
(The system is for some of my guests who will be staying in my cottage in the hills)

Tivoli has a couple of models. So has Grace Digital.
Afraid this is merely off the net. Maybe you have already checked.

Hello, I checked out the some models from Grace Digital and Tivoli. It was hard to audition them in India and so the delay in following up on the replies.
The sound was pathetic. They were all like sound coming out from a plastic boom-box. Any other suggestions?

Some quality options listed below;

Yamaha MCR-B020
Denon N9 (No idea about AM)
Onkyo Liverpool series CS 375D (No idea about AM)

The Bose wave radio is a classic,Place it well and it is magic.Others of the same form factor simply fade away.

The Bose wave radio is a classic,Place it well and it is magic.Others of the same form factor simply fade away.

I have always been a Bose basher and this is the first time that I am considering buying it. My only query is that does it work without the remote? Or does it require remote for everything?

(Just for context - I have a Musical Fidelity M1Clic for which the remote stopped working, the company has discontinued its iphone/ipad app and the unit does not have any control buttons. I am basically stuck with an excellent but useless piece of equipment. Don't want that happening with any of my future purchases)

I have a Musical Fidelity M1Clic for which the remote stopped working, the company has discontinued its iphone/ipad app and the unit does not have any control buttons. I am basically stuck with an excellent but useless piece of equipment.
I use a Logitech Harmony remote for my M1CLiC after losing the remote to battery leakage.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back