Boston A250 speaker optimal settings on Denon X2000

baatar

Hi Forumers,

I am new to this forum, as well as to HIFI home system. Need some advice, with due apologies if I am posting under wrong thread/discussion.

I am trying to play a catch game here. One general message I am getting is to invest into good pair of speakers and less so on the amp. This is not an issue for me anymore, as I already bought Denon X2000 and a pair of Boston A250 loudspeakers, without doing much research. And these two were on big sale (seperately, not as a package), leaving no decision room for a lazy person like me.

Some basic info:
- room size 6x5 meters (wooden floor)
- music listening 50% (FLAC, mp3 etc.)
- videos watching 50% (SAT-TV, BRAY/DVD, mp4 etc.)
- all input sources are connected to Denon through HDMI, and the amp is connected to the TV through HDMI ARC.

I did basic auto calibration during the initial set-up, and didn't touch the settings thereafter. So far, music listening experience is good (at least no complaints). But when watching movies, the dialogue is usually hard to listen to on the background of loud music/sounds, constantly requiring the volume adjustment through the remote control, which is annoying.

Due to these, I looked for some advice on the internet with little results. And, thus, I feel my equipment might not have calibrated properly or needs some finer manual adjustments, which I don't really know how to do, such reconfiguring each speaker (especially the dialogue/speech frequency).

I am not planning to invest into full 5.1 speaker system, or at least center and sub-woofer speakers, anytime soon. Thus, a general advice on how to make 2 front boston speakers work optimally on this denon is greatly appreciated. For example, crossover (yet to fully frasp what it is) is set to 80hz by default, and I am reading around different suggestions to set it to 100 or even 120Hz. Just one example.

So any help and advice on the optimal settings? I am conscious that Boston A250 is not high-end speaker, and for that matter, denon x2000 is a luxury investment for me (could have bought cheaper and less powered one). But nonetheless, I want to get the most juice from this pair, for a balanced and optimal music listening and movie watching experience.

Many thanks,
Baatar

Hi,

Audyssey auto setup is done sometimes frequently by users to achieve the perfect sound configuration. Would recommend that you perform the same again as per instructions mentioned in the Operations manual, I am sure you will be able to achieve optimal settings.

The AVR has Dynamic Volume which is a feature to use when watching movies...this eliminates the extra loud / soft effects and tones it to a tolerable listening experience...this means you can get the best out of the existing A250s.....

All the best..hope it works out for you!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back