Boston Soundware XS Digital Cinema 2.1 - Cromaretail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjeyaraj

Guys

I came across a mailer from croma retail offering Boston Acoustics Soundware XS Digital Cinema 2.1 for 13k. These used to retail for over 34k 6 months ago. These speakers do not need a separate AMP and the amplifier is built into the subwoofer box.

This is a great alternative if you are looking for a 2.1 system on a budget.

Last edited:
Heard good things about these. Go take an audition at Crome and buy from HiFiMart where it's 11.5K shipped.

Last edited:
The one at Hifi mart you are referring to is can't operate without an Amp or AVR. The one OP is referring is a Cinema 2.1 is active set and hence no need of any amp.

Heard good things about these. Go take an audition at Crome and buy from HiFiMart where it's 11.5K shipped.

This one is the digital cinema version that does not require an AMP to drive the speakers. HiFiMart used to sell this for 32k about 6 months ago if I remember correctly.

This is the digital cinema version that does not require an AMP to drive the speakers. HiFi mart used to offer the digital cinema version for 32k only 6 months ago.

I was thinking of that but then I checked on Boston Acoustics website and found 2 models which looks same but with a price difference of $50. I thought may be it was the updated model.

@Anubis - the XS 2.1 system has an active powered subwoofer but still requires an AMP to drive the speakers. Buying this for 11.5k, you will also need to add an AMP possibly a sonodyne.

The XS 2.1 Digital cinema however is a complete system that comes with an AMP built in with Dolby digital and bluetooth and takes either an optical or stereo input directly from your TV.

Boston Acoustics US)

urgent advice : Boston Soundware XS Digital Cinema 2.1 - Cromaretail

Guys

I came across a mailer from croma retail offering Boston Acoustics Soundware XS Digital Cinema 2.1 for 13k. These used to retail for over 34k 6 months ago. These speakers do not need a separate AMP and the amplifier is built into the subwoofer box.

This is a great alternative if you are looking for a 2.1 system on a budget.

Did u buy one? Hows music quality, I cannot find one on demo.

I bought one recently,PM me for specific questions

Hi Dear, I have shared few questions on PM earlier this week.

Request you to please reply.

Key points are:

1. Are these better than Bose Companion series?

2. Hows the remote performance. Had heard that remote is not useful.

3. Hows sound quality from listening Music perspective.

Sorry for the delay here is my review.

I was looking for a compact system (read not many wires) to be used with my tv ,xbox and chromebox.Initially I was decided on the audiengine a5+ but lack of places to audition plus the lack of a dedicated sub-woofer held me back.I could audition the boston's at a friends place and I liked what I heard.
Coming to the system,the 2 speakers that are part of the package are satellites that ship with the boston 2.1 and 5.1 range,pretty heavy for their size and does the job decently well.The Subwoofer has a Class D amplifier which supplies the power to the satellites,enough thumping base for my room.

Inputs include ,bluetooth,optical ,analog and 3.5mm jack.I have tried playing from all these inputs and am pretty satisfied with the output.From xbox and roku the system also decodes dolby 5.1 sound which is an added plus for movies and games.While playing music you could set the system to stereo mode which does make a difference.The remote can be used to pair with your tv remote,I have done that and hence don't use the remote that came with the system anymore.All in all I am pretty satisfied with the buy.

I bought this one too .. 2 weeks before.. Here is my review...
This looks certainly best in 2.1 Category with Optical input.
Pros
Quality - 5 star - Metallic finish
U can keep without stand too..
Setup - Too easy(10 mins)..
Sound - Good and really giving good competition to small 5.1 (without amp).

I would say go for it .. Buy from Only Store(+1)

Cons-
I have connected Opt In from Airtel DVR directly. What i see volume level increase itself with Tempo/Music(Like some one start clapping, or with music or sudden background music) .. I see only in Opt input not over bluetooth(From mobile). Didn't try RCA yet. Anyone faced this or is this my illusion ??

I bought this one too .. 2 weeks before.. Here is my review...
This looks certainly best in 2.1 Category with Optical input.
Pros
Quality - 5 star - Metallic finish
U can keep without stand too..
Setup - Too easy(10 mins)..
Sound - Good and really giving good competition to small 5.1 (without amp).

I would say go for it .. Buy from Only Store(+1)

Cons-
I have connected Opt In from Airtel DVR directly. What i see volume level increase itself with Tempo/Music(Like some one start clapping, or with music or sudden background music) .. I see only in Opt input not over bluetooth(From mobile). Didn't try RCA yet. Anyone faced this or is this my illusion ??
How is this compared to Bose Companion Series.

I have one too bought from amazon and connected to my TV via optical cable.

Plus:
Compact size, not amps needed, very good performance for .mkv movies and mp3 songs. Bass is loud and does not distort.

Minus:
Small remote, will get used to it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back