Bought 3L home theater.Urgently need placement advise.

turntablist

Dear FMs, after a lot of waiting, I have bought the following 7.0 Config:

AVR: Marantz SR6012
Front L and R: Crystal Acoustics T3
Center: KEF Q600
Rear speakers: KEF Q800DB dipole speakers
Front Height Speakers: OWM5

I am very happy with the quality of sound getting prodduced after Audessey calibration.
However, it is not perfect as I cannot hear a few speakers, the sweet spot is really small.

I am surely in some need of proper placement and adivse will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Please see Pics of my room below. The white pillow or right in front of my center speaker is my preferred listening position :)

The view from my listening position

from LP.jpg

Center channel to LP distance

LP1.jpg

Notice that one wall of the room is slanted. Also the rear surrounds.

LP2.jpg

Another angle of the rear speakers. Cannot hear the left speaker at all from my LP. Think it should go to the left as per the yellow arrow

Rear.jpg

The room has a double height ceiling :-D
This is my front height speaker

Ceiling.jpg

The issues are that I cannot hear the rear left speaker at all. where should i place it? Also please advise the best position for my height speakers for a totally immersive experiece.

Another issue is that the AVR recognises the speakers as surround L/R instead of rear L/R. <confused>

Help much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• LP1.jpg
    LP1.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 8
  • LP2.jpg
    LP2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Ceiling.jpg
    Ceiling.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Another issue is that the AVR recognises the speakers as surround L/R instead of rear L/R. <confused>
I think you can manually configure the surround speaker as back surround speaker in Marantz speaker setting (Audyssey manual setting)
http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6012/NA/EN/GFNFSYcrpfrlsu.php

Also make sure the surround back speakers are plugged in correct terminal in the back and not in surround R and L.

or may be not, I just tried to assign my surround speaker as back surround in 7012 but it seems to only have option for 5ch + Surround Backs.

Last edited:
Speakers are new....you cant expect optimal performance immediately....let the BURN in happen...typically 20 to 40 hours of use and then you will find the difference.....

The Audyssey setup is quite good and i am surprised that you are not getting good sound.....hope you calibrated correctly and diligently followed the on screen instructions....if you have missed a step...manually do the settings...

Dear FMs, after a lot of waiting, I have bought the following 7.0 Config:

AVR: Marantz SR6012

Front L and R: Crystal Acoustics T3

Center: KEF Q600

Front Height Speakers: OWM5

Help much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That is a lovely set of equipment you have got there. However, were they recommended to you on this forum? If not who suggested Dipole speakers for this room?

As a simple test, I would suggest you hook the OWM5 as your rear surround speakers and run Audyssey with a 5.x setup without the height speakers.

See if this makes a difference. Also, make sure your first Mic position is your preffered seating position.

MaSh

So i assume it is a 5.x.2 layout..

Another angle of the rear speakers. Cannot hear the left speaker at all from my LP. Think it should go to the left as per the yellow arrow

The issues are that I cannot hear the rear left speaker at all. where should i place it?

I think it would be best if you have dipoles on either sides of your listening position (or) slightly in front of your listening position..

Also please advise the best position for my height speakers for a totally immersive experiece.

You have one pair of heights?. From the pictures, you have mounted them on the wall where it joins the sloped ceiling.. You can try mounting them on the sloped ceiling slightly further high and position the speaker so that if faces your listening position..

Another issue is that the AVR recognises the speakers as surround L/R instead of rear L/R.

Ideally it is surround L/R and not rear surr L/R.. so it is correct as "surr L/R"..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back