Bought NAD D3020 from US - Transformer needed?

jacksparrow007

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 106
Check the voltage specifications on the back panel. You would most probably need a step up transformer (110v to 240V). You can get one from SP Road in Bangalore. You would not need to change the adapter plug.

Last edited:
Just saw the pictures you have posted. You do not need a voltage transformer. What kind of plug do you have on the power cable? If it is a US plug, you can either connect it to a surge protector/ spike buster or buy an universal plug adapter. You can get it in any electronic shop or buy it from Amazon. Wont cost you more than 150rs.

Thanks a lot folks. Also another question -

Where can I get the USB cable for the digital input? (the A-B type cable). Some links for purchase would be helpful.

also check if the amp has a voltage selector switch. earlier when it used to support both, it would have a selector switch. not sure about now if it is an automatic solution

on a slightly different note can u confirm whether D 3020 has tone controls i.e bass and treble as the reviews in Amazon do not make it clear, Given the price drop $400 i am looking at it to get it from US.

Mine worked out of the box - no transformer needed. Auto voltage switching.

@rpanand25 Alas, no tone control.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back