Bought onkyo 3800 home theater

rajni

Hello dear friends,
Finally i have purchased onkyo 3800 for 37000 rupees, I have connected as following:
Tatasky stb hdmi to avr i/p hdmi
Avr o/p hdmi to tv i/p
But I am not understanding how much should i set crossover frequency and other settings etc for getting proper sound. Please guide me

Congratulations. For a 6 or larger driver, use 80Hz. For 4-6, use 100-120Hz, and for smaller than 4, use 150-200Hz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is meant by setting called speaker to be set as small and large or off .
Also what is meant by speaker distance. kindly explain these settings

What are the speakers you are using. Is it a book shelf or floor stander. Speaker distance is distance of speaker from the listener

What are the speakers you are using. Is it a book shelf or floor stander. Speaker distance is distance of speaker from the listener

I'm using the bookshelf speakers that came along with the home-theatre package.

Hello dear friends,
Finally i have purchased onkyo 3800 for 37000 rupees, I have connected as following:
Tatasky stb hdmi to avr i/p hdmi
Avr o/p hdmi to tv i/p
But I am not understanding how much should i set crossover frequency and other settings etc for getting proper sound. Please guide me

Congratulations. Seems like a decent unit. You might get the urge to upgrade the speakers soon though.

Have you gone through the manual? That should have answers to all your basic setup options. Link to Manual :
http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/own_manuals/SN29402478_HT-S3800_En_160425_web.pdf

I do not see an option for Auto Setup, check chapter 5 for manual setup. Seeing the speakers response in manual, I would start setting the crossover at 100 and lower down to 80 as per preference. 90hz I feel should be a good crossover for these speakers. Distance you would have to manually measure and enter in the system. Measure from center of speaker to your main listening position at ear level. This should set you on the right path to further fine tune your system.

what is meant by setting called speaker to be set as small and large or off .
Also what is meant by speaker distance. kindly explain these settings

Set all your speakers to Small. This would activate the base management and cut low frequencies to the main speakers and send them to the SUB. If you cross the speakers to 90hz, then all frequencies below 90hz will be sent to the Sub. Do not set your current speakers to Large or Off.

Distance would be how far is each speaker including the Sub from your Main Listening Position, Not from the receiver.

Do go through the manual which is surprisingly very well written by Onkyo.

:thumbsup:
MaSh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back