Bought the 47" Full LED-3D TV LG 47LX9500 - My Experience:

vizeta

This is my first Thread/Post in this forum. I was following this forum for long time and based on member's experience/recommendation I decided to go for this Fantastic TV for fantatastic price.
I Came to know about Cromas deal for this TV and I went ahead and purchased this TV. I am very thankful for members (Bug me, Prit, Kittu) for sharing their knowledge/information here to help me decide to select and get the deal.

The deal and Brief 'initial' impressions of the LG 47LX9500:

Price: MRP Rs. 200,000 | Retail Rs. 136,500 LG Offer for world Cup (LG 3D Blue Ray Player + HDMI Cable + 3 Blue Ray Movie Titles). I Paid Rs 99000 for this TV without The deal. I already have Xtreamer to play HD movies thats why I decided to save some money here ;-) .

Looks: The TV is very beautiful, simple and elegant, with a sleek/slim/thin black frame. Although I would have preferred a matte finish, the glossy finish is not as bad as some other TVs with Piano black finishes.

Screen: A deep dark grey with very low reflectivity compared to most plasmas. This is one of the things that I am very picky about and even I am satisfied and with no complaints in this regard. In normal conditions with average room lighting, one could notice some reflections when TV is displaying some Dark scenes. The resolution and PQ is simply amazing.

Inputs/Outputs: Ample set of inputs. 3+1 HDMI, 2 Component, 1+1 Composite, 1 Optical out, 1 Headphone audio out for an external set of speakers, 2 USB, 1 LAN. The TV senses signals input into the connections and only those inputs that have an active signal are displayed in the 'Source' menu. Very, very convenient.

GUI: One of the best in the industry. Very intuitive and easy to navigate.

My Initial Experience/observations after purchase:

Audio: Not anywhere comparable to any dedicated sound system. But definately quite decent in comparison to all the LCDs. In any case I have plan to add 5.1 home theater to it.

Video: The picture quality is amazing with my HD player. However I have not tested any 1080P movie yet still I am very satisfied for picture quality. It has very good Black level and very good contrast. I have SD Airtel DTH connection for TV watching and despite being SD material the picture looks quite satisfactory. I dont have any complain regarding PQ for HD or SD material.

Remote: Very nice and intuitive layout of buttons and lot's of function specific buttons available on the remote. In India LG is not offering second remote Magic Motion (wii like RF remote) which can be used as mouse to play games and browsing the UI. I searched and ordered one from US. It is nice little piece of tech. I was able to get it working for on/off, channel up/down, mute, power but did not get it working as wii. I researched and got LG service remote code.
I navigated service menu and found that magic motion functionality is disabled. I enbled it and got tv rebooted. I hit ok key on remote to sync with TV. I got message Magic motion remote is being installed for the first time- please wait :yahoo: . But after 1 minute I got message failed to register :mad:. Tried tried tried but no luck. May be they have not installed hardware to communicate inside.

Settings: A very in depth level of picture and audio controls available, allowing for quite a bit of fine tuning.

Extras: DLNA compatible. Streams media from PC via networking. WiFi compatible. USB input supports media playback.

3D experience: as I do not have any 3d blue ray player I have downloaded alice in wonderland clip (side by side one) from internet. My HD player is able to play this clip, from TV menu I selected 3D mode as side by side and voila it was working. Overall I find it very good even better then the demo I have seen in Sony center from their 3D blue ray player!!!! :clapping:. I have downloaded a 720 P quality movie Shrek. Now I am using this movie to show 3D capability to my relatives/friends and they really blown away with the 3D experience of this TV. I will try full HD 3D movie and share the experience her later.
Overall: Excellent value for money. Specially I got 3d TV for price of full led tv.

My recomendation: HIGHLY Recommended. Even if you are not planning to buy 3D TV like me. Initially I was just planning for a full LED tv and got 3D feature as bonus :eek:hyeah:.

Negatives: The only negative issue that has stood out so far, is reflection and they have advertize some false info in their website. They have advertized this tv as Bluetooth enabled TV but this feature is not there. I complained about this but they dont want admit that they are advertizing this. Even I ave reffered their website and sent them screenshot of the same.

I will share photographs and my experience in detail later. Thank you guyz!!! This place is rocking :yahoo:

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase mate.

I have a few questions for you though

1) On the website, it says it is a FULL LED TV, so I'm assuming that this isn't one of the EDGE Lit models.

2) Based on your experience, how does the IPS panel compare with the SPVA panel?

3) If it really is a FULL LED TV, the dimming and lighting of pixels must be extraordinary compared most of the EDGE lit offerings by Samsung & Sony. I'd really like to know your thoughts on this.

4) How many paris of 3D glasses did you get with the TV?

5) Do you have any idea how much the 55" model costs?

TIA

1) On the website, it says it is a FULL LED TV, so I'm assuming that this isn't one of the EDGE Lit models.

2) Based on your experience, how does the IPS panel compare with the SPVA panel?

3) If it really is a FULL LED TV, the dimming and lighting of pixels must be extraordinary compared most of the EDGE lit offerings by Samsung & Sony. I'd really like to know your thoughts on this.

TIA

1, It aint edge led lit LCD it is a local dimming LED LCD.

2,Panel don't matter since it is local dimming but IPS will have superior color accuracy and viewing angle than spva but spva has slightly better native contrast(does not matter because of local dimming)

3, yes it will be way better than any EDGE LED LCD.

The above answers are from my limited viewing of LX9500.

TIA

@ Rajapraveen
Thanks Rajapraveen!!!

@ Satan

The question 1, 2, 3 was answered by Rajapraveen and i am totally agreed with him.

4. I got 2 3d Glasses.

5. As per LG website, it was available for Rs 224990 under Cricket fever Price offer (valid till March 31, 2011)

Last edited:
3D experience: as My HD player is able to play from manu I selected 3D mode as side by side and voila it was working. :yahoo:

Congrats on your purchase..

You played the 3D movie with xtreamer,, what is the file extension...Whether you get the menu as "3D mode as side by side" in xtreamer? If so could you please point it>>

Thanks

You played the 3D movie with xtreamer,, what is the file extension...Whether you get the menu as "3D mode as side by side" in xtreamer? If so could you please point it>>

Thanks

Yes Sirisundar, I played 3D title with Xtreamer. The file extension of this movie is .m2ts . I simply played the movie from Xtreamer and got side by side output on tv. I just enabled 3D side by side mode on TV and got 3D picture. Hope this will help :cool:

I bought this TV thanks to kittu for his support. . .as mentioned above all the things rock. . .but the output through the headphone jack is quite low ...did u check this vizeta???? no other complaints :) I think we need a owners thread :)

Congrats for the new 3D TV. I am also looking for a 3D TV. Is it worth paying difference for 3D? For me the difference of normal LED and 3D LED is too much and the demos are allowing me to spend that money. So I'm still waiting for the price to fall.. :)

Here are some Images (using my Airtel SD DTH).

dscf2916b.jpg

By vigeet23 at 2011-04-04

dscf2917b.jpg

dscf2908r.jpg

Can you play HD mkv with DTS audio and pass DTS thru optical out? As per manual it does not support DTS (only Dolby).. Also when you play DTS audio MKV/DVD/BR, can you get DTS out thru optical?

Samsung can pass DTS/DD while playing thru USB but cant pass DD/DTS when they come thru HDMI to the TV (outputs PCM 2.0 then).

You can get if you have a croma store near by and get hold of a copy the bill from someone purchased at this price. :)

a few doubts ...
1. All 3D TVs in India are presently only EDGE LED-LCDs , there are no FULL LEDs presently.
2. LG 3D cannot convert 2D content to 3D like Sony or SAMSUNG 3Ds.:indifferent14:

It's for the 2nd reason i got the 47 inch Samsung 3d LED-LCD C8000 series(C9000 not yet available in Indi yet). I converted some world cup matches to 3D :clapping:!!!! (It was good, but not as good as prerecorded 3D):yahoo:

Thanks

When u rip 3D bluray then it creates side by side picture 3D format and the file can be saved to either Mp4, AVi,M2Ts etc .. when you play these files via xtreamer then TV wll display 2 same pictures side by side by squeezing the aspect ratio. Xtreamer doesnt know its playing side by side picture so there is nothing like 3D side by side menu option in Xtreamer.

TV have algrorithm so split the picture right in center and overlap the 2 creating 3D image, if the rip was from original 3D bluray then TV can render very good 3D image from this format however it jitters at times, but if the rip was not from original 3D content then its just mere 2D to 3D conversion which can give big headace after a while.

Congrats for the new 3D TV. I am also looking for a 3D TV. Is it worth paying difference for 3D? For me the difference of normal LED and 3D LED is too much and the demos are allowing me to spend that money. So I'm still waiting for the price to fall.. :)

Most 3D tv have network functions as well, so if you comapre high end 2D like C6900 of samsung with entry level 3D like C7000 of samsung they have similar features with addition of 3D in c7000 but there is hardly any price differential i guess not more then 5K on a 46 inch version... companies want us to buy 3D .. so not point sticking to 2D by saving not more then 5%..

:D
a few doubts ...
1. All 3D TVs in India are presently only EDGE LED-LCDs , there are no FULL LEDs presently.
2. LG 3D cannot convert 2D content to 3D like Sony or SAMSUNG 3Ds.:indifferent14:

It's for the 2nd reason i got the 47 inch Samsung 3d LED-LCD C8000 series(C9000 not yet available in Indi yet). I converted some world cup matches to 3D :clapping:!!!! (It was good, but not as good as prerecorded 3D):yahoo:

its 46 inch samsung C8000 :D there is not 47 inch in samsung lol .. how much u paid for C8000 ? when ?:cool:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back