Bought the 47" Full LED-3D TV LG 47LX9500 - My Experience:

a few doubts ...
1. All 3D TVs in India are presently only EDGE LED-LCDs , there are no FULL LEDs presently.
2. LG 3D cannot convert 2D content to 3D like Sony or SAMSUNG 3Ds.:indifferent14:

It's for the 2nd reason i got the 47 inch Samsung 3d LED-LCD C8000 series(C9000 not yet available in Indi yet). I converted some world cup matches to 3D :clapping:!!!! (It was good, but not as good as prerecorded 3D):yahoo:

1. LG LX9500 series is full LED TV, This was the reason I got This TV :lol:
2. This TV can not do 2D to 3D conversion. I have no idea how good is this in other tvs. But if something which is not recorded with Stereoscopic camera (to make image 3D) can be converted to 3 D.... I doubt... this is the same game "playing a mono sound track on stereo player and claiming this is converted to stereo sound". you will not feel the depth in quasi stereo sound. This is just watching 2D contents wearing 3D Glasses.

Most 3D tv have network functions as well, so if you comapre high end 2D like C6900 of samsung with entry level 3D like C7000 of samsung they have similar features with addition of 3D in c7000 but there is hardly any price differential i guess not more then 5K on a 46 inch version... companies want us to buy 3D .. so not point sticking to 2D by saving not more then 5%..

Thanks man.. But i think i missed this deal. Isnt it?

2. This TV can not do 2D to 3D conversion. I have no idea how good is this in other tvs. But if something which is not recorded with Stereoscopic camera (to make image 3D) can be converted to 3 D.... I doubt... this is the same game "playing a mono sound track on stereo player and claiming this is converted to stereo sound". you will not feel the depth in quasi stereo sound. This is just watching 2D contents wearing 3D Glasses.
2D to 3D conversion is NOT a gimmick! It does add a reasonable depth as perceived by us when watching 2D. Basically all video content has depth even in 2D if we can perceive it well, and there the conversion pitch in to artificially perceive the depth and present to us.

Analogy of mono to stereo do not apply here as mono CAN NOT be perceived as stereo unless some "surround" algorithm distributes them using some parameter. In contrast a Video is almost always a 3D image presented in 2D.

When u rip 3D bluray then it creates side by side picture 3D format and the file can be saved to either Mp4, AVi,M2Ts etc .. when you play these files via xtreamer then TV wll display 2 same pictures side by side by squeezing the aspect ratio. Xtreamer doesnt know its playing side by side picture so there is nothing like 3D side by side menu option in Xtreamer.

TV have algrorithm so split the picture right in center and overlap the 2 creating 3D image, if the rip was from original 3D bluray then TV can render very good 3D image from this format however it jitters at times, but if the rip was not from original 3D content then its just mere 2D to 3D conversion which can give big headace after a while.
Its NOT the SAME picture side by side, but its the Left and Right perspectives of a 3D image.

side by side is different than 2D to 3D conversion. If you choose side by side for a regular 2D picture, you would get a distorted image which mixes the 2 halves of the 2D image and hence will be practically unwatchable.

1. MY BAD -- IT'S 46 inch (TYPO !!)
2. 2D to 3D conversion is for real. As i said , i watched a few World cup matches for some time in 3D and it was definitely 3d !. There is in fact a difference between this feature between Sony and Samsung .Sony has only 3 prefixed 3d depth settings (factory set)-- low, medium and high ( conversion). Samsung on the other hand has a scale setting from 1 o 100 percent which you can choose, if u want greater depth into 3D you can go upto 100 which is ALMOAST as good as prerecorded 3D. If this depth is too much you can scale down to anything down to 1 (which would be 2D only). This feature i found very appealing.. u can actually change the depth of 3D !:yahoo:

Somebody asked -why i chose the C8000 instead of the 7000 or 9000
The C7000 has a clear motion rate(CMR) of 600, while 8000 & 9000 CMR is 800 (higher CMR - clearer pic, less blur)
The C7000 does not have a crystal bezel (i.e. white/silver) that C8000 has - it is more modern than the older black Bezels of yore.
The C7000 (and surprisingly even the C9000!) does not have the Precision dimming feature( as per brochure - it produces deeper blacks and purer whites while eliminating Halo effects)
The C9000 does not feature the ENERGY STAR( lesser energy consumption) which C7000 & C8000 have.(dont know why ?)
The C9000 has a touch remote control , which is very fragile ,, and risky in households with small kids playing around with remotes !
So overall features wise the C8000 is ahead of even C9000(and cheaper) ( and C7000 of course )--- so i went with it.
anyway the c9000 was not available in all electronic showrooms that i went in my search in Noida/Ghaziabad.

(tech gurus correct me if i am wrong anywhere !!)

Another thing is that Sammy LED-LCDs support all movie formats( so u just plug in yr USB etc and it will play any movie format) while LG and Sony do not support ALL formats, so all recorded stuff wont play on them(will need conversion).
Another feature which i found irritating is that the 3D Transmitter is a small detachable piece in Sony and LG(most models) connected by a wire to the main TV.In Samsung it is incorporated in the body/Bezel itself so no curious guest can fool around with it..

BTW my entire household is LG -- older LCD(37inch), Fridge, microwave, ACs, 5.1 home theater(which has connected very well with the 46" Sammy for an awesome sound experience !)...

Last edited:
yet another thing i found interesting in Sammy is the way it is "HUNG" on the wall. It is literally hung like a picture by a ( VERY STRONG !!) thread !, so you can pull outwards the lower part of the TV, and all the conecting hubs( usb/cable etc) can be seen on the backside and connected to...

^ You must be using ultraslim wall mount.. Can you tilt it left and right while mounted?

yet another thing i found interesting in Sammy is the way it is "HUNG" on the wall. It is literally hung like a picture by a ( VERY STRONG !!) thread !, so you can pull outwards the lower part of the TV, and all the conecting hubs( usb/cable etc) can be seen on the backside and connected to...

Hey Drasit,

Please upload and share the pictures of you tv wall mount from variuos angles.

here are the pics few at a time

Attachments

• CAM_0913.jpg
    CAM_0913.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 107
  • CAM_0914.jpg
    CAM_0914.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 104
  • CAM_0915.jpg
    CAM_0915.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 104
  • CAM_0916.jpg
    CAM_0916.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 104
  • CAM_0917.jpg
    CAM_0917.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 104
some more of the pics. Some are those of my LG HT SYSYTEM

Attachments

• CAM_0918.jpg
    CAM_0918.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 103
  • CAM_0919.jpg
    CAM_0919.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 104
  • CAM_0920.jpg
    CAM_0920.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 105
  • CAM_0921.jpg
    CAM_0921.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CAM_0922.jpg
    CAM_0922.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 103
And some more !! The TV has pulled outward from it's lower end to show the USB/Cable hubs...

Attachments

• CAM_0923.jpg
    CAM_0923.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 102
  • CAM_0924.jpg
    CAM_0924.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 103
  • CAM_0925.jpg
    CAM_0925.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 101
  • CAM_0926.jpg
    CAM_0926.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 102
  • CAM_0927.jpg
    CAM_0927.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 102
similar pictures in different angles and lightings...

Attachments

• CAM_0929.jpg
    CAM_0929.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 100
  • CAM_0930.jpg
    CAM_0930.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 100
  • CAM_0931.jpg
    CAM_0931.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CAM_0932.jpg
    CAM_0932.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 105
  • CAM_0933.jpg
    CAM_0933.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 104
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back