Bought the Elac B6 speakers

neelay2709

Bought a pair of brand new Elac B6 bookshelf speakers from Amazon.
Timed the buy with my daughters visit to USA. And as luck would have it the prices dropped the day I placed my order.
To sweeten the deal daughter informed me to consider the gesture of carrying it back to India as a Fathers Day gift :)

Some Pics of the Elacs along with Dayton and SMSL mini amps

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Great speakers, excellent bass, however, hows the amp holding up? They are not the easiest to drive speakers and love to be fed with loads of wattage.

MaSh

Great speakers, excellent bass, however, hows the amp holding up? They are not the easiest to drive speakers and love to be fed with loads of wattage.

MaSh
Have not used it much. Set it up twice to listen to it. SMSL AD18 amp does well.
I will have to make space for the new setup.
Will also require speaker stands and a unit to place the amp and a TT for a dedicated setup.

You are right. Needs some extra power. Bass is just right for now considering i will be sitting 5 feet away.
But for a larger space it may fall short of expectations.
But i am loving the sound.

Last edited:
Congrats..how much did you pay for this? I have the Pioneer andrew jones and am planning to get these as well. Would "normal" people playing "normal" music on "normal" equipment be able to hear the difference? By "normal" I mean tata sky, ripped movies, normal AVRs costing 300 dollars, MP3 files..etc. Thx

you may look at www.soundfoundations.in for speaker stands

edit - there may be other brands available and you may obviously decide suitably.

have fun !

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Or even tonostands. You can Google the website. Having used both, the build quality of tono is miles ahead.

Do the following for extracting its full potential:

Play good source material and employ a good enough DAC.
Get an amp that can do around 100 watt RMS, preferably stable up to 2 ohms (these drop down to 2 ohms at some frequency bands)
Remove the cloth and tweeter grill while listening, you will hear improvement in the 4khz to 8 khz region.
Keep them atleast 2 feet from the rear wall and 4 to 5 feet from the side wall.
Put them on rock solid stands, do not compromise on this...its enclosure rattles like hell, so a stand will make the lows authoritative.
Placement with toe in is critical, play around till you get it to your liking.
If you are a brave heart, I can suggest some simple crossover mods costing under 2k to improve the upper midrange and highs.

These are probably the best value for money gadget after the vintage NAD3020 and the Chromecast Audio.

Enjoy

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back