bryston

Today we auditioned the same amp
Good amp -
Anyway manu it is ONLY 2 channel amp!
But you can get 5 channel power amps too
Or you can use 7 monoblocks for 7 channel effect!

Hi Manu,
A Bryston power amp is superb and the Co offers u a 20 year warranty (parts & Labour).
The 4BSST 2 is a superb amplifier and excels at tough loads. It offers a neutral, powerful sound with tremendous control over the speaker.
Should cost about 2L if buying new and it outputs about 300 WPC X 8 Ohms.
A 4 BST is also good but not as refined and can sound crude if partnered poorly while the 4BSST is almost as good as the squared amps.
I ve used all these i.e the ST, SST and the SST2 and continue to have the old ST.
Its not a sound that will appeal to everyone, so HEAR it for a while before u even think of considering it.
Lastly they really consume power and will be a head ache to use if the voltage fluctuates.
Rgds

Hey Dinyaar,
Not fair,,,your signature is too loaded. Make it lighter by selling of the bryston or rotel. Rotel isn't so clean you know :)...you should stick to only accuphase...and let the lessor mortals live with bryston and rotels...::))

Cheers

Hi Manu,
A Bryston power amp is superb and the Co offers u a 20 year warranty (parts & Labour).
The 4BSST 2 is a superb amplifier and excels at tough loads. It offers a neutral, powerful sound with tremendous control over the speaker.
Should cost about 2L if buying new and it outputs about 300 WPC X 8 Ohms.
A 4 BST is also good but not as refined and can sound crude if partnered poorly while the 4BSST is almost as good as the squared amps.
I ve used all these i.e the ST, SST and the SST2 and continue to have the old ST.
Its not a sound that will appeal to everyone, so HEAR it for a while before u even think of considering it.
Lastly they really consume power and will be a head ache to use if the voltage fluctuates.
Rgds

Good clean amp. Good controlled base. But vfm depends on price, age and condition. 17yrs, is way too much. The warranty won't be supported by chennai office. You have to send it to canada. Forget warranty, just check the shipping costs for this monster. That I think will help you reach a decision very fast..:)

Hey Dinyaar,
Not fair,,,your signature is too loaded. Make it lighter by selling of the bryston or rotel. Rotel isn't so clean you know :)...you should stick to only accuphase...and let the lessor mortals live with bryston and rotels...::))

Cheers

HAHAHA
Its only a Rotel Preamp!!!!! U first buy a good power amp and then i will sell this to u!!!!
Believe me u dont want that Bryston 4Bst. Its too old and i have tinkered with it endlessly. When a fuse blows its like a diwali cracker. Not for the faint hearted dear madjack!!!
BTW i am now giving u a deadline to get a working, decent amplifier!!!!!! Get one in this year please!!! Cant believe u cant find one in 8 months!!!!
Rgds

HAHAHA
Its only a Rotel Preamp!!!!! U first buy a good power amp and then i will sell this to u!!!!
Believe me u dont want that Bryston 4Bst. Its too old and i have tinkered with it endlessly. When a fuse blows its like a diwali cracker. Not for the faint hearted dear madjack!!!
BTW i am now giving u a deadline to get a working, decent amplifier!!!!!! Get one in this year please!!! Cant believe u cant find one in 8 months!!!!
Rgds

Dinyaar SIR,Myself too assisting madjack in procuring the amp in my limited capacity! But looking at his demands I feel that we need to design and build one buy ourselves!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

HAHAHA exactly Hemant!!!!
My dear friend Madjack will have to carry a gun for the kind of deal he wants!!!!
Rgds

I would prefer the odyssey stratos to the brystons. I do not have any direct experience with brystons but some folks whose ears I trust have and they prefer the odyssey amps.
If buying new, the 4bsst is going to be very expensive.They are a big company and have huge overheads. For the same money you could get odyssey stratus extreme monoblocks. 20 years warranty too :D
Do audition both and decide yourself.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back