BSNL fibre

ISO

How is the quality of BSNL fibre net connection? What is most popular plan? My usage is not much.

When it works, it works. When it doesn't it really depends on how proactive your area is.

Try to go for the lower plans.

P.S: If you have airtel in your area, you might also want to look at that.

I am a BSNL user from quite a few decades and where I am from their service and quality is pretty good. I am currently on 200 Mbps 3 odd TB plan and I can remember the last disruption.

except weekend's night, I get full 100mbps speed as per plan. In weekend, it drop to 10 15mbps occasionally, but it is still enough for youtube

Quality of bsnl is always good but their service in case if any repairs is not great. Aren’t there any other isp in your area? Because your usage is not much just go for basic plan from any broadband service provider.

Thank you friends for your quick replies. Except BSNL there is local broadband i.e. Radha broadband. He gives connection from switch but for BSNL they provide faber optic link that come to your home.

The main problem with BSNL is the service. If something goes wrong with the link then you are at their mercy.

I use BSNL FTTH as my backup connection. In addition to the cable cut related issues common with most ISPs in my area, the major issue is the AD injection for non-https sites
Yes it is a common issue with BSNL net. Currently I'm using broad band over telephone line. It is plagued with suspicious ads and redirections but on my Mac I'm using good ad blocker that solved this problem completely.

I am surprised all of you are facing issues with BSNL.

I subscribed to BSNL broadband over phone over 15 years ago. After the initial installation issues, I really faced no issues for those 15 years. The BSNL service Engineers were new to Internet game, and I had to coordinate with a senior officer to understand how to split the cable and reconnect it for both Internet and phone. One thing I did realize. If BSNL said 8MBPS, it was always rock steady at that speed. Even during the 2015 Tsunami in Chennai, I kept getting connectivity till the last moment.

I am really quite surprised at ISO claim of 'suspicious ads and redirections'. I am quite certain this has nothing to do with the connectivity, but more to do with the browser and PC based viruses and malware. BSNL, I have checked, does not have any ads or redirections. I have tried with multiple browsers.

My brother-in-law in Hyderabad has been with fiber to home for the last 5 odd years. He is non-technical person, and has never faced any issues. If there is a breakdown, it is usually solved in a few hours. He is quite happy, and again, I have seen it always delivering the speed it promises.

In reality I have more confidence in my BSNL connection than my ACT, though I use ACT regularly.

At my home place, bsnl service is pathetic, modem keeps reconnecting every couple of hours. Only ads i have witnessed is when broadband limit is about to finish every month. Although the place is inside the city, bsnl dont care to provide ftth and their lineman says this service is normal. Using since more than 15 yrs, no amounts of tweeting or offline helped ever. Bsnl is hit or miss, its just pure luck. If you are not lucky, bsnl can never fix issues with their services.

BSNL does not have the funds to provide FTTH to every home across a city. Their policy is to look for a group booking of 50 or more and then draw the fiber from the nearest office. In some place such as Hyderabad, they had originally draw fiber to every home and thus are able to offer genuine fiber connection. Chennai is most places copper and thus even I want a connection they have to draw a fiber cable all the way from their office. They are reluctant to do that.

None of the other providers offer genuine fiber. ACT, Jio and Airtel are all Ethernet cable in the last mile. They may have fiber up to major junction boxes.

This changed second half of last year, at least in my area. I have fiber right the way through now, from Airtel.
Airtel xstream , Jio and Act fiber all provide direct fiber line into the home with SC to SC optical fiber patch, that connects into router given by them for wifi/lan.

When it works, it works. When it doesn't it really depends on how proactive your area is.

Try to go for the lower plans.

P.S: If you have airtel in your area, you might also want to look at that.
depends totally in your local cable operator.bsnl provides fiber using lco in most places.so if you have a pathetic cable operator then things could get tricky ahould you have am complaint.

At my home place, bsnl service is pathetic, modem keeps reconnecting every couple of hours. Only ads i have witnessed is when broadband limit is about to finish every month. Although the place is inside the city, bsnl dont care to provide ftth and their lineman says this service is normal. Using since more than 15 yrs, no amounts of tweeting or offline helped ever. Bsnl is hit or miss, its just pure luck. If you are not lucky, bsnl can never fix issues with their services.
yup one bsnl officer on complaining told me that i have to be on leased line to prevent connection drops.

I am surprised all of you are facing issues with BSNL.

I subscribed to BSNL broadband over phone over 15 years ago. After the initial installation issues, I really faced no issues for those 15 years. The BSNL service Engineers were new to Internet game, and I had to coordinate with a senior officer to understand how to split the cable and reconnect it for both Internet and phone. One thing I did realize. If BSNL said 8MBPS, it was always rock steady at that speed. Even during the 2015 Tsunami in Chennai, I kept getting connectivity till the last moment.

I am really quite surprised at ISO claim of 'suspicious ads and redirections'. I am quite certain this has nothing to do with the connectivity, but more to do with the browser and PC based viruses and malware. BSNL, I have checked, does not have any ads or redirections. I have tried with multiple browsers.

My brother-in-law in Hyderabad has been with fiber to home for the last 5 odd years. He is non-technical person, and has never faced any issues. If there is a breakdown, it is usually solved in a few hours. He is quite happy, and again, I have seen it always delivering the speed it promises.

In reality I have more confidence in my BSNL connection than my ACT, though I use ACT regularly.
bsnl does inject ads and this has been there for many years

Frankly I have yet to see any ad that blocks or hinders their services in any way. Nope, change that. After 15 odd years, I have still to see any BSNL ad in their connection.

I have been a BSNL fiber subscriber for more than a year now and never saw any ad. It might be different in other regions or bashing a BSNL or anything govt is a favorite stress reliever for my country fellow. :D

Frankly I have yet to see any ad that blocks or hinders their services in any way. Nope, change that. After 15 odd years, I have still to see any BSNL ad in their connection.

Either you are lucky or your browser usage is very less.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back