buchardt audio speakers

R3 irrespective of the price is an excellent reference speaker as far as accurate sound is concerned. But we have more ls 50 fans than r series fans. On my first listen on the r3, I was immediately in love with the modern kef sound. Ls50 was the one that let me down after reading rave reviews. Also it looks beautiful in person with that optional grills. I mean it is understated, modern and but not blant. Ls 50 looks good from front and from sides it slightly resembles an old tv kept side ways.

Absolutely agree with you on the looks - they look really really good. I also concur on the LS50 comparison. I heard the LS50W at the What HiFi show in Hyderabad - I was quite disappointed.

Okay so here is the thing - I listen to music a LOT ( 4-6 hrs a day on average - longer if I had my way) and I listen to almost ALL genres I can get my hands on. Rock n Roll, Pop, Jazz, Western & Indian Classical, Ambient, Hip Hop, Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Indian Fusion, Electronic, Alternative, Indie Rock, Folk, R&B ...the list goes on and on.

Since I listen to music all the time I prefer warmer/less fatiguing sound from my system, I am leaning towards the S400. That and also because they are available in India at the listed price (I had mentioned this on the " High Import Duty" thread).

BUT this wont do the trick for me, because some genres require accurate production of sound (think electronic, ambient, deep house...). Like you had stated - the R3s excel at this.

I understand that no single system will ever achieve all that I want. I do wonder though if a tube pre-amp in the chain with R3s will solve this on the cheap for me. Accuracy when I need it and warmth when I don't. (A Topic for a new thread maybe?)

These were on my radar initially until I got know about Rethm Arka. Good consistent reviews but no user experience yet. Unable to recollect its nane there was another speaker very similar to S400
It’s Blumenstin and omega

Since most of the Drivers are freely available from Sbacoustics ; Many DIY guys should have attempted to recreate Buchardt S400 by this time. Both Nationally and internationally I guess.

Anyone in HFV attempted that? Any pictures or Can anyone share their experiences?

Since most of the Drivers are freely available from Sbacoustics ; Many DIY guys should have attempted to recreate Buchardt S400 by this time. Both Nationally and internationally I guess.

Anyone in HFV attempted that? Any pictures or Can anyone share their experiences?

Buchardt claims that their waveguide is the differentiator. IMO for a DIYer it is indeed difficult to replicate

Absolutely agree with you on the looks - they look really really good. I also concur on the LS50 comparison. I heard the LS50W at the What HiFi show in Hyderabad - I was quite disappointed.

Okay so here is the thing - I listen to music a LOT ( 4-6 hrs a day on average - longer if I had my way) and I listen to almost ALL genres I can get my hands on. Rock n Roll, Pop, Jazz, Western & Indian Classical, Ambient, Hip Hop, Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Indian Fusion, Electronic, Alternative, Indie Rock, Folk, R&B ...the list goes on and on.

Since I listen to music all the time I prefer warmer/less fatiguing sound from my system, I am leaning towards the S400. That and also because they are available in India at the listed price (I had mentioned this on the " High Import Duty" thread).

BUT this wont do the trick for me, because some genres require accurate production of sound (think electronic, ambient, deep house...). Like you had stated - the R3s excel at this.

I understand that no single system will ever achieve all that I want. I do wonder though if a tube pre-amp in the chain with R3s will solve this on the cheap for me. Accuracy when I need it and warmth when I don't. (A Topic for a new thread maybe?)
R3 is the one to get in India. I guess the speaker is backed with a 5 year warranty. Buchardts comes with 10 but sending to Denmark is not a cheap solution. Even if it’s gold, I won’t risk buying a product which doesn’t have a local presence. Lot can go wrong with a speaker on a wild party day;)

Good marketing strategy with off the shelf electronics & with an exorbitant price tag.

take a look at one of the rare reviews which bare open the hype the promoters of Buchardt audio has created!,

Ha ha! Even i stumbled upon this guy when i was about to go for the Buchardts recenetly. I was actually contemplating either the Buchardt S400 or the S300 since there were some great offers on B Stock with nearly 200 euros off on the MRP. However, after watching his video where he really ripped the S300 to shreds (and this guy's ears are more or less aligned to mine as he also prefers slightly warmer sounding speakers), I decided against them and instead went for the Wharfedale Evo 4.2s which were available for a great price. Tharbamar (not the most articulate fellow but seems dead honest) and his take on the Buchardt S300 also stated as much.

Ha ha! Even i stumbled upon this guy when i was about to go for the Buchardts recenetly. I was actually contemplating either the Buchardt S400 or the S300 since there were some great offers on B Stock with nearly 200 euros off on the MRP. However, after watching his video where he really ripped the S300 to shreds (and this guy's ears are more or less aligned to mine as he also prefers slightly warmer sounding speakers), I decided against them and instead went for the Wharfedale Evo 4.2s which were available for a great price. Tharbamar (not the most articulate fellow but seems dead honest) and his take on the Buchardt S300 also stated as much.
Hi DB,

First of all a big congratulations for being owner of soo.. many hardwares. I would need a log book to keep a track of the inventory. :D

Need your help on a topic I have been struggling for sometime. How do I get a tidal subscription and get the app downloaded in ipad. FM's told me to make a new Apple ID with US address but the catch lies here. Apple has introduced a verification of the ID by either SMS or calling the number provided.
I am at a fix since I dont have much of listening options right now considering my ongoing search for a CDP.

Hi DB,

First of all a big congratulations for being owner of soo.. many hardwares. I would need a log book to keep a track of the inventory. :D

Need your help on a topic I have been struggling for sometime. How do I get a tidal subscription and get the app downloaded in ipad. FM's told me to make a new Apple ID with US address but the catch lies here. Apple has introduced a verification of the ID by either SMS or calling the number provided.
I am at a fix since I dont have much of listening options right now considering my ongoing search for a CDP.
I think we’ll have to figure that one out together. I’m in the same boat. I got myself a VPN recently but it does not work with sonyliv, prime video or hotstar so if tidal has also decided to block access through vpn, that’ll be a problem.

Hi DB,

Consider the audiolab cdt. The cambridge audio cxc is available for 41k on amazon and if you have an amazon credit card or an HDFC diners black, you’ll get a pretty dcent deal. I was about to get from hifimart but they increased the price to 48k. Now it just doesnt represent good value to me when its available in the UK for less than 37k.

Consider the audiolab cdt. The cambridge audio cxc is available for 41k on amazon and if you have an amazon credit card or an HDFC diners black, you’ll get a pretty dcent deal. I was about to get from hifimart but they increased the price to 48k. Now it just doesnt represent good value to me when its available in the UK for less than 37k.
Thanks. The price as of today in Amazon is 48.9k. No offer for Credit cards. But in that case I would need a DAC also. The whole thing starts to get complicated from here. i have a CA 740 A which doesnt have an inbuilt DAC.

I think we’ll have to figure that one out together. I’m in the same boat. I got myself a VPN recently but it does not work with sonyliv, prime video or hotstar so if tidal has also decided to block access through vpn, that’ll be a problem.
I figured out finally. It might help you also.
I use Mac. As per inputs from FM’s, i got Chrome and Hola VPN. Safari doesnt allow Hola to download.
Once done, visit tidal website. Hola will pop up and ask which country server you want to use. I used Turkey and subscribed to Premium Tidal with MQA for 25 TRY which approx comes to 270 INR per month. Tidal USA charges around 1100 INR pm.
hope this helps.
Hail music

Thanks. The price as of today in Amazon is 48.9k. No offer for Credit cards. But in that case I would need a DAC also. The whole thing starts to get complicated from here. i have a CA 740 A which doesnt have an inbuilt DAC.
Oh! I mentioned those cuz u mentioned cdt instead of cdp :p but u can get a pretty good dac for cheap nowadays. Headphonezone has quite a few good schiits including dacs with tube buffers and they feature the chord mojo at 24k from time to time.

R3 is the one to get in India. I guess the speaker is backed with a 5 year warranty. Buchardts comes with 10 but sending to Denmark is not a cheap solution. Even if it’s gold, I won’t risk buying a product which doesn’t have a local presence. Lot can go wrong with a speaker on a wild party day;)
Is the comparison between the S400 and the R3 if one is based in India considering the fact that the Buchardts cost 1.5 delivered whereas the R3 is 1.9, a cool 40K difference? Let me put it across differently - does the R3 justify the extra outlay?

Is the comparison between the S400 and the R3 if one is based in India considering the fact that the Buchardts cost 1.5 delivered whereas the R3 is 1.9, a cool 40K difference? Let me put it across differently - does the R3 justify the extra outlay?
R3 is technically a better speaker than S400. It’s more neutral and hence in my eyes more engineered. Plus local presence is justifiable to me. Irrespective of its price “R3” is a perfect speaker. One warranty claim with buchardt would dissolve the price you saved on them.

R3 is technically a better speaker than S400. It’s more neutral and hence in my eyes more engineered. Plus local presence is justifiable to me. Irrespective of its price “R3” is a perfect speaker. One warranty claim with buchardt would dissolve the price you saved on them.
Fair point. I hope their warranty clause provides for shipping costs :confused: And perhaps its a perfect speaker only up to a certain point beyond which it becomes imperfect for that price band.

The Kefs and Buchardts are supposed to have very different presentations. It's unlikely that a person who likes one would like the other. Price is the wrong basis to decide between them. Since the Kefs are available locally, have a listen. Make sure to take an extended demo - their presentation can get fatiguing for some people which won't be obvious in a short listening session. If the Kefs don't float your boat, look at Buchardts or other options.

Kefs are at one end of the presentation spectrum, brands like Harbeth at the other. PMC/ATC/Dynaudio are somewhere in the middle. I don't know where Buchardts lie on that scale or even if they have a consistent sound across models. What type of sound one likes is very much a matter of preference. The studio monitor oriented brands that occupy the middle would likely be closest to neutral but even there variations across models can be significant.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back