buchardt audio speakers

It also matters what you pair the speakers with. I have KEF R3 paired with Yamaha R-N803 and this setup produces a nice warm sound, good at low volumes as well for long unfatigued listening sessions.

Hi Kapeel,
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My S400s arrived Aug 2019. Bass is awesome. The online reviews are quite spot on. Notice that the lil fellas sound good even at low volumes.
But I hv read u need decent wattage to bring out their best. And one more thing.....they sound good even straight outta the box. With about 100hrs, they just sparkle.
Do use substantial stands. Mine I ordered from Buchardt and I filled them with 3/4 sand.
Do share your initial findings once you take delivery of your S400s.
Cheers
Hi Raja
I am also planning of purchasing s400 speakers.I mainly listen at low volumes .Do the speakers sound good at such volumes?Can you please share how you import the speakers?The company informed me that they do not not ship the speakers at the rates shown on the
Hi Kapeel,
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My S400s arrived Aug 2019. Bass is awesome. The online reviews are quite spot on. Notice that the lil fellas sound good even at low volumes.
But I hv read u need decent wattage to bring out their best. And one more thing.....they sound good even straight outta the box. With about 100hrs, they just sparkle.
Do use substantial stands. Mine I ordered from Buchardt and I filled them with 3/4 sand.
Do share your initial findings once you take delivery of your S400s.
Cheers
Hi Raja
I am also planning of importing the s400 speakers.Can you please share the information how you import the speakers and what were the custom charges.
Regards
Imtiyaz

Hi Raja
I am also planning of purchasing s400 speakers.I mainly listen at low volumes .Do the speakers sound good at such volumes?Can you please share how you import the speakers?The company informed me that they do not not ship the speakers at the rates shown on the

Hi Raja
I am also planning of importing the s400 speakers.Can you please share the information how you import the speakers and what were the custom charges.
Regards
Imtiyaz
If you check out the Buchardt site, I think their prices are landed prices. I.e they take care of duties etc.

to me that makes them the most india friendly speaker company there is.

If you check out the Buchardt site, I think their prices are landed prices. I.e they take care of duties etc.

to me that makes them the most india friendly speaker company there is.
If this is true, they would appeal to folks wanting to try out monitors/BS in the price bracket.
Has anyone in India actually procured from Buchardt using this premise?
If so, please share your experience of logistics of buying/shipping/customs etc.
Would be helpful for fellow FMs.

Cheers,
Raghu

think their prices are landed prices. I.e they take care of duties etc.

very interesting - i wonder how they manage with @ 75% duty on import of items for personal use.

Maybe they havent sold in India yet !

and shortly we might have an exceptions list :)

If this is true, they would appeal to folks wanting to try out monitors/BS in the price bracket.
Has anyone in India actually procured from Buchardt using this premise?
If so, please share your experience of logistics of buying/shipping/customs etc.
Would be helpful for fellow FMs.

Cheers,
Raghu
Hi
Actually i was interested in buying s400 speakers but after contacting the concerned they informed via mail that they are unable to ship the speakers to India as for them it is difficult regarding the clearance of the customs.However they offer me a discount of 200 euros if i take the responsibility of custom clearance and in that case they are ready to ship the speakers.

So India is on the exception list

not yet - on buchardt audio site but my post speculates - it wont be long enough considering the duty structure 75% duty for personal imports.
That will make it very costly indeed.

Buchardt audio used SB Acoustics drivers i think and there are many options out there in INR at the landed price of Buchardt audio

Hi
Actually i was interested in buying s400 speakers but after contacting the concerned they informed via mail that they are unable to ship the speakers to India as for them it is difficult regarding the clearance of the customs.However they offer me a discount of 200 euros if i take the responsibility of custom clearance and in that case they are ready to ship the speakers.

oh, there goes my positive impression!
anyway at the prices they sell, they can still make a profit after 75% duty. Remember they will buy sb acoustics at bulk prices, not the Price that the drives are available on @madisound.

they can still make a profit after 75% duty.

i wonder if will the customer see value in order for the same to go through.

Euro 1600 - list price
less Euro 200 discount
= Euro 1400 landed Mumbai ( say )
add 75% duty ( if individual KYC ) = Euro 1050

Landed cost in INR at Home = Euro 2450 x 88 = INR 2.15 lac !!!

Thats helluva money to pay for what is delivered - IMO ofcourse !!

No returns possible - try getting thru the maze of export
No audition possible

Buchardt wins all the way !

i wonder if will the customer see value in order for the same to go through.

Euro 1600 - list price
less Euro 200 discount
= Euro 1400 landed Mumbai ( say )
add 75% duty ( if individual KYC ) = Euro 1050

Landed cost in INR at Home = Euro 2450 x 88 = INR 2.15 lac !!!

Thats helluva money to pay for what is delivered - IMO ofcourse !!

No returns possible - try getting thru the maze of export
No audition possible

Buchardt wins all the way !
Its not worth if you don't get warranty if its gold in terms of sound.

However they offer me a discount of 200 euros if i take the responsibility of custom clearance
Is it the same as you paying for customs? Or just following up the procedural hassles of clearing customs? It’s possible that they price in such that the post customs comes to selling price minus 200 Euros. This might be because imports from China are taking excessively long in customs and they don’t want to be responsible for the clearance.

Is it the same as you paying for customs? Or just following up the procedural hassles of clearing customs? It’s possible that they price in such that the post customs comes to selling price minus 200 Euros. This might be because imports from China are taking excessively long in customs and they don’t want to be responsible for the clearance.
Hi Sachin
Actually they will provide a discount of 200 euros and will also take the responsibility of shipping but after shipping i shall have to bear the custom charges .Please see below the text of the mail from the company.Hope this will clear the doubts.

Hi Imtiyaz.

I'm so sorry, but we sadly to not cover India just yet. We are heavily working on it though. It's simply to expensive for us to import to speakers for private persons. We have some that does this themselves, but it's not easy. If you know how and have experience with it, I could offer you a 200 euro discount if you can do the import yourself and carry the expense that follows. We would of course cover shipping.

Our stands are sadly not made anymore. We are working on some new ones that should be ready within a few months. Otherwise all that are 60-70cm would work with them.

Small rooms usually have bass issues, and since the s400 have deep bass, it could "provoke" room modes in your room. So if you get such issues, you should look at our upcoming amplifier that have room correction build in :)

Sincerely,

Mads Buchardt

Hi Sachin
Actually they will provide a discount of 200 euros and will also take the responsibility of shipping but after shipping i shall have to bear the custom charges .Please see below the text of the mail from the company.Hope this will clear the doubts.

Hi Imtiyaz.

I'm so sorry, but we sadly to not cover India just yet. We are heavily working on it though. It's simply to expensive for us to import to speakers for private persons. We have some that does this themselves, but it's not easy. If you know how and have experience with it, I could offer you a 200 euro discount if you can do the import yourself and carry the expense that follows. We would of course cover shipping.

Our stands are sadly not made anymore. We are working on some new ones that should be ready within a few months. Otherwise all that are 60-70cm would work with them.

Small rooms usually have bass issues, and since the s400 have deep bass, it could "provoke" room modes in your room. So if you get such issues, you should look at our upcoming amplifier that have room correction build in :)

Sincerely,

Mads Buchardt

When did you get this email from them?

The following is the email I got from them on 21 January, 2020

"Thank you so much for your email and your interest.

We've have been working hard to offer this DDP solution worldwide and India has of course been one of our biggest challenges. The only reason we solved this problem was to establish a warehouse through our shipping company here in Denmark. This means we import our products directly through them. This is something we can do cause both companies are being registered in India.

So yes, I can finally answer one of our interested customers from india that we solved this and your final price including shipping, import & customs for the bundle deal is €3.450 :) All though this price is only cause of we just launched the speakers and made a generous pre-order deal :)

Let me know if you have any questions :)"

We've have been working hard to offer this DDP solution worldwide and India has of course been one of our biggest challenges. The only reason we solved this problem was to establish a warehouse through our shipping company here in Denmark. This means we import our products directly through them. This is something we can do cause both companies are being registered in India.

So yes, I can finally answer one of our interested customers from india that we solved this and your final price including shipping, import & customs for the bundle deal is €3.450 :) All though this price is only cause of we just launched the speakers and made a generous pre-order deal :)

I got the email from them on 11th September 2020.

Does anyone else think that the communications by the company (posted in the thread) are unclear/confusing? Hopefully it’s just a language issue.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back