Budget 4K player with bitstream capabilities

almost all cheap android box runs phone version of android instead of android tv version which is very different so consider your android box as a android phone only for checking compatibility with apps.

True.. I realized this after i got mine.. When i tried side loading few Android TV apps, some had issues.. Anyways, i sue it only for casual gaming.. so streaming (or) movies playback..

I found a link from xda members to port Lineage OS (Android TV box version).. Will see if that works..If it does, then it would be great.. Can install all android TV box apps.. I read in some articles that Android TV box version is designed for 10feet wide interface..

Continuing with this old thread:

I got the below android box however, I a not able to bitstream multichannel audio to my reciever. I have enabled pass through in main setting as well as in Kodi and VLX but it only output stereo. Anyone can help what I am missing here? My main requirement is playing bluray rips from a hard disk. For streaming I already have Fire TV 4k stick.

Below is the model.
https://www.amazon.com/Android-Support-Allwinner-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B07Q2WGT2F

Thank you.

Continuing with this old thread:

I got the below android box however, I a not able to bitstream multichannel audio to my reciever. I have enabled pass through in main setting as well as in Kodi and VLX but it only output stereo. Anyone can help what I am missing here? My main requirement is playing bluray rips from a hard disk. For streaming I already have Fire TV 4k stick.

Below is the model.
https://www.amazon.com/Android-Support-Allwinner-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B07Q2WGT2F

Thank you.

Did you enable Expert settings in Audio? After enabling you have to enable Audio codecs as well like DTS HD and Dolby Tru HD etc. Else if your Streamer supports sideloaded kodi then you can use corELEC and it simply has pass through settings of all the audio codecs including atmos although I have not tested the atmos capability but my AVR decodes truHD and DTS HDMA and really does a great job with kodi including 4K.

Thanks @bpranay. I tried expert setting in Audio. I have tried VLC player and Kodi downloaded App Store. Does sideloading mean any other process.

Will check corELEC.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back