Budget Bookshelf Speakers Reviews

CYrus,

I had cosely taken an audition for Morduant Shorts Avant 9i bookshelves, retailing at around 12K. Its truly a beautiful set of speaker. Sound staging is perfect and pair it with a matching amp or a yamaha avr, u would fall in love with it. highly reccomended...

Among others that i have seen is the B&W 303 bookshelf retailing at 16k. a very good qaulity speaker (fibre cone mix) no doubt its a B&W n the sound is amazing. the best part is it disapears and doesnot give the box sound kind of feeling. a litle hard to drive. pair it with an equally powerful amp or avr...n u will surely know why B&W is so good....highly reccomended...

Another i have auditioned is a pair of Tannoy i auditioned in bangalore at Mr. Mukesh's place in jayanagar. These are a real competitors for B&W. the pair was somewhere close to 25K and the deliverance was almost like a tower speaker...everything balanced...excellant speaker...

Then a monitor audio gold series...dont exctly remember the model no..but ut retails for around 33K......cabinate build quality is exceptional...and so is its finishing.....sounds very crisp and clear......a good buy indeed.....

One more i heard off was a pair of Linn....at Prithvi's place....costs some 75grands for a pair and it was a real deceiver....the bass extension was damn good...i confused his power conditioner with a sub...excellant quality.....but again the electronics that drove them were equally expensive...if u spend that amount,.....u can nvr go wrong......excellant speaker....

I heard one from KEF, some iQ series ..retailing for 30K...their uniQ drivers have the best mid range soundsatging....crisps and very sweet...amazing cabinaet finish and one of the sexiest pair.....

One more u could try out is a morduant short single speaker tower model, retailing for around 20K. the same aroma of its avant 9i but a beautiful extension of bass because of its huge cabinet volume....a very good n cost effective alternative to bookshelves....highly reccomended....

the best part about all the above mentioned speakers were....they never sound harsh or tend to tire ur ears...all lovely n wonderful to have....

cheers!!!

Hi,

Should here mention setup is Excellent?Please reply.

Amplifire: NAD 320 BEE

Bookshelf Speaker:TANNOY Mercury II (Fusion)

CD Player: Cambridge C 640 C

The Cambridge Audio 640C is a great BUY and it should be good with the NAD 320BEE. However there NAD has released a newer version to the 320BEE called 325BEE which I would suggest you to check out.

Also as far as the speakers are concerned check out Monitor Audio Bronze B2 for the same price.

hi rashmikant,

i have heard the setup...tannoys on a NAD C320 BEE and cambridge is an excellant budget player....its an excellant n powerful setup...dont worry...just enjoy....

Re: NAD 320 BEE with NAD C-272 Power Amp.

Hi Cyrus,

NAD 320 BEE attched with NAD C-272 Power Amp.should this both are excellent to very truly audiophile presentation? reply

Hi,

Should here mention setup is Excellent?Please reply.

Amplifire: NAD 320 BEE

Bookshelf Speaker:TANNOY Mercury II (Fusion)

CD Player: Cambridge C 640 C

Hi Rashmikant,

I have heard this setup a year ago in local Surat dealer's place. It was really superb sounding setup. In fact I have recommended to one friend for this setup but he has better budget for stereo, so he had ended up with much better setup!

You have chose the best combination.

Very good quality, clean sounding amplifier and very melodious Tannoy speaker (best midrange, I have ever heard!)

Vin Sim.

Bookshelf's under 15,000rs - I recommend you audition the ff:

1. Mordaunt Short 901
2. Wharfedale 9.1
3. Athena Series 2 - B1.2 or for a couple more rupees the B2.2

Product reviews help. But the final deciding factor should be your ears. It'll also help to ask the store/dealer to pair the speakers with the amp you're planning to buy.

Hope this helps.

CR

Bookshelf's under 15,000rs - I recommend you audition the ff:

1. Mordaunt Short 901
2. Wharfedale 9.1
3. Athena Series 2 - B1.2 or for a couple more rupees the B2.2

Product reviews help. But the final deciding factor should be your ears. It'll also help to ask the store/dealer to pair the speakers with the amp you're planning to buy.

Hope this helps.

CR

You can also check out diamond 9.2s. They will cost @16K.

Sat

:)
I have recently bought Wharfedale diamond 9.2s. There were other options such as Mission (don't remember the model) & MA BR2s but did not fit my budget.

At present I do not have a dedicated amp & I have connected
these to my Sony GR7 system. (70+70W RMS. It has STK series Integrated amp. inside.)

Then I Bi-wired them with Acaustic Research pro-series 16 gauge cable.

The result is excellent.

Now I am planning to buy a amp. & a subwoofer (Of-course after saving enough funds)

Does anybody owns Diamond 9.2's & how they rate these speakers?

hi just go hear the B&W 601 s and buy them at the discounted rate currently which is 21000/-. Think u will be musically satisfied. regards

Hi all,
Have a pair of MS 902is....excellent, would recommend them to all except bass fiends....and I got them last year for Rs.9000/- new with bill and warranty...goes to show you can always bargain...anyway , I love them but am now in the upgrade mood...anyone heard the Mezzo 2s? Would it be an upgrade or a sidegrade?

Hi all,
Have a pair of MS 902is....excellent, would recommend them to all except bass fiends....and I got them last year for Rs.9000/- new with bill and warranty...goes to show you can always bargain...anyway , I love them but am now in the upgrade mood...anyone heard the Mezzo 2s? Would it be an upgrade or a sidegrade?

Have heard the mezzo with marantz electronics. Inspite of a warm amp I found it thin sounding and a bit forward on the higher end. I'd not recommend it to anyone.

I am looking for budget bookshelf speakers...i am not knowledgible in this field i want some one to guide me...my budget is 20 k.

I have 42 inch plasma and i need the home theatre system with good bookshelf speakers and av reciever.

What are all the things needed for this and which dealer or individual i can get these things from

My id is [email protected] and my no is 9620028999

kindly help me.

Regards
Ballal

I am looking for budget bookshelf speakers...i am not knowledgible in this field i want some one to guide me...my budget is 20 k.

I have 42 inch plasma and i need the home theatre system with good bookshelf speakers and av reciever.

What are all the things needed for this and which dealer or individual i can get these things from

My id is [email protected] and my no is 9620028999

kindly help me.

Regards
Ballal

Hi Ballal,
I understand that you need budget bookshelf speakers that will be driven by Home Theatre AVR. So your main purpose is for movies-audio. Considering this i suggest ....
1. Wharfedale 9.2 (14k approx), or Usher 520s (22k) to be used as front speakers. Usher is little above your 20k budget for bookshelves.
2. If you want thundering bass explosions from movies, you need to add an active subwoofer to this setup (your AVR must have "subwoofer out" to enable this)
3. For center and surround speakers, I suggest wharfedale 9 series to match with wharfe 9.2. (I don't know the match for Usher 520s... other members can guide you here... or search the web)
4. Onkyo or Denon AVR are suggested as VFM products. Choose the one that suits your budget.

Do note that AVR is not best suited for delivering good music. So if you find the music from above setup not upto your expectation, you may later on add a stereo amp to improve performance.

Regds,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back