Budget bookshelves for Denon 790 (1910)?

svenkateshsmart

Hi,

I am looking out for budget speakers, mainly bookshelf speakers, for my 7.1 setup. I want to use them as surrounds. My budget is very tight as of now, I have already invested in the following:

1. Denon 790 USA Model
2. Sony BDP 360
3. Torvin towers and center channel speakers

I have small Yammy satellites which I am using as surrounds now, but I am not satisfied with that.

I call up all the Hifimen to help me out!:yahoo:

You can go for wharfedale Diamond 10.1 bookshelves which are Rs.12,500/-

Regards

Venkatesh, i donno watch will match the tone of your Torvin FS's . Couple of options:
1.Cambridge audio s30- 8k
2. Mission m30i - 8k
3. Wharfedale 9.1- 12-13k
4. q accoustics 1010i- ?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I will certainly do audition of those speakers mentioned by you, but I am not sure about a place to go for audition, mission and wharfdale seem to be a good option.

Just now both Torvin dual 5.25" center channel matching those towers! Going to watch a DTS movie and I hope it does justice to my current setup!:eek:hyeah:

Thank you for both for your suggestions! Please suggest me some places in Chennai where both the seller and price are reasonable.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I will certainly do audition of those speakers mentioned by you, but I am not sure about a place to go for audition, mission and wharfdale seem to be a good option.

Just now both Torvin dual 5.25" center channel matching those towers! Going to watch a DTS movie and I hope it does justice to my current setup!:eek:hyeah:

Thank you for both for your suggestions! Please suggest me some places in Chennai where both the seller and price are reasonable.

Venkatesh, You are in Chennai, right? So you can check out Mission and q- acoustics at Decibel. Raghu is a great guy to deal with.

Wharfedale
GRAND CINEMA (for Wharfedale, Vanguard, DAC)
No.118 (Old no.333), First Floor, Arcot Road,
Kodambakkam, Chennai - 600024.
Tel: (044) 43587565 / 75, 9841036657, 9884415122.

Venkatesh, You are in Chennai, right? So you can check out Mission and q- acoustics at Decibel. Raghu is a great guy to deal with.

Wharfedale
GRAND CINEMA (for Wharfedale, Vanguard, DAC)
No.118 (Old no.333), First Floor, Arcot Road,
Kodambakkam, Chennai - 600024.
Tel: (044) 43587565 / 75, 9841036657, 9884415122.

Thanks a lot mate! I have once spoken to Ragu from decibel to enquire about Denon 1910 and he even offered me a good price, but due to budget constraints I had to opt for an AVR from US.

I will contact him or just go there personally and have an audition. Thanks once again:signthankspin:

Last edited:
U can audition wharfedales at Vector systems- contact Lokesh 9341717966..they dont have CA but lokesh will be able to direct you appropriately

I think u should give an audition of the Wharfedale Vardus 400 FS.....am planning to do the same.It costs just 16-17k for the pair, but the demo guy said its just mindblowing for the money.

Am planning to do it at hifidemoroom at trivandrum.....the guy was full of praises for the same the last time i went there for some cables but the building was undergoing complete makeover, hence couldn't get an audition.Told me to visit another day after giving him a call.He is an official Onkyo distributor i think and had some Denon and Mordaunt Short stuff as well.The rest were all covered up and locked out due to the dust.

U can get bobby's contact number here :

hifidemoroom : Discover Quality

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back