Budget Class D amplifier - which one is ruling

jenson

Hi Guys, in budget Class D amplification, which one is sorta proven.. Budget let's say 50k

If there are any similar threads, please guide me to same. Thanks!

With your budget, you can go for Purifi (1ET400A) or Hypex Ncore (NC252) based amps.

But, to begin with, you can get the Aiyima A07 (and swap the opamps to OPA 1612) and get an idea of how affordable well implemented Class D has become.

GL

What purpose are u looking for
Purpose is ease of carrying it around with a bookshelf speaker. One breifcase, solution. and to that effect to do it in a way where power and quality is not heavily compromised.

I am currently using topping pa5 + topping e50 stack and I must say it is a pretty terrific combo if you prefer neutral sound signature, it will cost you around 60k - 65k though, with separate balanced cable and power supply

With your budget, you can go for Purifi (1ET400A) or Hypex Ncore (NC252) based amps.

But, to begin with, you can get the Aiyima A07 (and swap the opamps to OPA 1612) and get an idea of how affordable well implemented Class D has become.

GL
Hi, could you please guide on which name brand amps using the purifi or hypex ncore modules are easily available in India. I see a lot of good stuff about these but most builds seem to be only available in US/EU. I'm aware of some recent NAD models and heard the M33 recently which was amazing but sits in the organ transplant price category.

Hi Guys, in budget Class D amplification, which one is sorta proven.. Budget let's say 50k

If there are any similar threads, please guide me to same. Thanks!
SMSL DA9 is a good bet. Some points that can be considered:

(i) Good resolution and power (for the price),
(ii) Supports both XLR and RCA (I was looking at Topping amps but lack of RCA put me off)
(iii) Bluetooth inbuilt (pretty decent implementation SQ wise)
(iv) Tone Controls and inbuilt EQ Presets (their SDB eq setting is akin to a loudness button)
(v) has a small LCD Display which allows you to conveniently scroll through the myriad settings
(vi) Comes with a remote!
(vii) The Power Supply is inbuilt (as opposed to massive power bricks that are usually required to power compact form factor amps).

I was considering the Topping PA5 but its barebones nature i.e. lack of RCA, lack of bluetooth, extra power brick (and a large one at that) put me off.

For me, convenience took priority over that last bit of fidelity that the PA5 may provide over the DA-9.

TPA3116D2 mono block 100w for low budget suplay with cheaper switching 24v 5A perchanel “nice flat and low noise” detail review 👉by JohnAudioTech

Attachments

• 78A8ABD4-782B-4AFA-997F-9BD57ADFBA78.jpeg
    78A8ABD4-782B-4AFA-997F-9BD57ADFBA78.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 3
But the person is not interested in promoting Allo 😂

GL
Would you have an idea about the difference between opa1612 and the lm4562? (Diff in charecterestic sound). They both have different mounting pins too, so how does one go about altering it to fit the A07 ?

Last edited:
Would you have an idea about the difference between opa1612 and the lm4562? (Diff in charecterestic sound). They both have different mounting pins too, so how does one go about altering it to fit the A07 ?
Lm4562 is a fine opamp. Stick with it is my opinion if you buy that amp.

I'm an off the shelf guy 😬😬😬

Really ? I thought it was doing well. Their stuff is sold on diyaudiocart.
Quite well. The Allo Digione is Sold out more often than not.

Quite well. The Allo Digione is Sold out more often than not.
Yes. I am told so. They have the Digione Signature thats supposed to be great as well.

I have their stepped pot. Still to use it somewhere in an amp or as a passive.

I tried their RCA interconnects and I wasn't very impressed with.

But its really nice someone in India is focusing on niche electronics.

Manek

Lm4562 is a fine opamp. Stick with it is my opinion if you buy that amp.
Thanks n yes i do have the A07 with the stock op amps. Already on the hunt for LM4562 but I'm not finding it anywhere online except Mouser.in & their shipping that costs thrice the amps themselves😁.
If you or any FM have an idea of where i could source it from online , request you to kindly share the details.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back