budget DAC for media player ? Advice.

whatzisnem

Hi guys! Am thinking of buying the POHD media player. I have a large collection of high quality music which i plan to organize/play on the POHD.
Now ,I am made to understand that none of these streamers are really great for music . And dont get me wrong , but I love my music. I have a Rotel CDP/Rotel integ.amp /Cadence Arita setup. But burning Cd's and playing on my CDP ,while unmatched musically , is a bit of a pain. And I don't want to use my laptop ( which i have been doing till date) for certain reasons.
So the DAC. Is a budget Dac worth it (below Rs.6000). (I can't afford those Arcams ,CA's and Bersfords ... ) Will it make a difference in the music ? and what should I look for ? I'm looking for something with analog outputs . I've read about the nuforce in the forums , but I understand it has only USB inputs..
Thanks in advance for all suggestions/advice.

One of our members, Jai1611, had a valabs nos dac for sale. Try contacting him.
Else look at the Audinst, Gigaworks etc
If you dont mind DIY, try kits from glassjar audio.

I stream my audio( mostly FLAC) wirelessly using a ReadyNas Duo and two Squeezeboxes.My DAC is the premium NOS dac kit from Audiosector.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back