Budget DVD player for Audio

genopv

Please suggest me a very good DVD player, which would be used only for Mp3 Audio. Budget is sub 5K.

Looking for something which can play almost all formats in CD / DVD with USB. I do see many dvd players in the range of 2500-3000 which supports USB play and audio formats (Pioneer / Sony / Samsung). Any recommendation would be very useful.

This would be connected to an amp (yamaha). This is to be used in a fitness center.

Last edited:
for that price all will be the same. However i would prefer Pioneer as they are known to provide better products. Their DVD player 610 was a rage some time back in this forum.

Hi,
Is it a simple stereo amp or Avr? Does the amp accept coaxial input?If yes, then buy any philips/LG/Samsung et and connect it to amp using coaxial.

If the amp accepts only analogue input, then pioneer dv220 or dv420 will do a good job.
In fact, if it is for gym, where sound quality is not the priority, why dont you try to use mobile phone/portable media player as source which in all likelihood you already possess?
That is what is done in the gym where I go. Mobile phone is used as source.

thanks everyone for the feedback!

Some folks bring in their ipod's and connect it too. I do not want it to be easily movable - its left unattended most time. For Media player like WdTv, I would need a monitor too to operate. Many might prefer to get their favourite music on cd's or usb's. the amp is an avr and about 6 boston speakers are connected to it.I think it should have co-axial connectivity - don't remember right now.

From experience, I can tell you that the SONY DVP-NS57 code-free, multi-region DVD player does a pretty good job. It used to cost about Rs.2900/- and can play most formats, including mp3. Does not have USB though. I have compared the same with a Marantz CD63SE and believe me, the difference is not that much. Has a faily decent sound stage. In comparison, other DVD players that I have heard like Philips, LG and Samsung are absolute rubbish when compared to this Sony player (from an audio perspective).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back