Budget DVD player for Audio

genopv

Please suggest me a very good DVD player, which would be used only for Mp3 Audio. Budget is sub 5K.

Looking for something which can play almost all formats in CD / DVD with USB. I do see many dvd players in the range of 2500-3000 which supports USB play and audio formats (Pioneer / Sony / Samsung). Any recommendation would be very useful.

This would be connected to an amp (yamaha). This is to be used in a fitness center.

Last edited:
for that price all will be the same. However i would prefer Pioneer as they are known to provide better products. Their DVD player 610 was a rage some time back in this forum.

Hi,
Is it a simple stereo amp or Avr? Does the amp accept coaxial input?If yes, then buy any philips/LG/Samsung et and connect it to amp using coaxial.

If the amp accepts only analogue input, then pioneer dv220 or dv420 will do a good job.
In fact, if it is for gym, where sound quality is not the priority, why dont you try to use mobile phone/portable media player as source which in all likelihood you already possess?
That is what is done in the gym where I go. Mobile phone is used as source.

thanks everyone for the feedback!

Some folks bring in their ipod's and connect it too. I do not want it to be easily movable - its left unattended most time. For Media player like WdTv, I would need a monitor too to operate. Many might prefer to get their favourite music on cd's or usb's. the amp is an avr and about 6 boston speakers are connected to it.I think it should have co-axial connectivity - don't remember right now.

From experience, I can tell you that the SONY DVP-NS57 code-free, multi-region DVD player does a pretty good job. It used to cost about Rs.2900/- and can play most formats, including mp3. Does not have USB though. I have compared the same with a Marantz CD63SE and believe me, the difference is not that much. Has a faily decent sound stage. In comparison, other DVD players that I have heard like Philips, LG and Samsung are absolute rubbish when compared to this Sony player (from an audio perspective).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back