Budget entry level dslr

Nice one to start with.

Be patient. I know how you might be feeling with the new toy in your hand.

Try to find flowers that are looking up rather than hanging down :D

HI,
Thanks for the encouragement.:D really appreciate that, but some people like @kaushik try to make ortherwise:mad:, yes the distance was approx the same, learning learning.:D
thanks.

the flower one.
scaled.php

Last edited:
HI,
Thanks for the encouragement.:D really appreciate that, but some people like @kaushik try to make ortherwise:mad:, yes the distance was approx the same, learning learning.:D
thanks.

Don't worry about those posts. People who can't spend 76k on cameras won't appreciate you wasting 20+ k even if that's your money :lol:

Also, these clicks are all 1/3-1/5ev down from normal. I'd definitely open the shutter a bit longer or wider.

Congratulations hseplak on the D90 and the lens that you have purchased. As a long term user of the D80 (the model that the D90 replaced), I can vouch for the high quality of this camera.

The 50mm 1.8 lens is a fantastic lens for the price, and you should be able to get very good photographs with these. Do experiment with depth of focus etc, and you will love the photos you get with these.

A couple of books that might be helpful for you (if you have not already read these)
- Understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson
- The photographer's eye by Michael Freeman.

I own both these books and they are very good both for beginners and for serious amateurs.

Best,
APK

A couple of books that might be helpful for you (if you have not already read these)
- Understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson
- The photographer's eye by Michael Freeman.

I own both these books and they are very good both for beginners and for serious amateurs.

Best,
APK
Hi,
And any photography magazines i should start with ?

Thanks.

Hi,
And any photography magazines i should start with ?

To be honest, I have not found any of the photography magazines to be worthwhile.

The two books that I have mentioned are iconic books and have many of the basic photography techniques explained very well with good illustrations and examples. Moreover, they are very easy to read, and will not intimidate you with complicated jargons, while still helping you understand the concept.

Best,
APK

Try doing a DOF shot with flowers ... they come out awesome.

+1 to that. You should try getting the DOF effect with the 50mm 1.8 lens. Just set the camera to Aperture priority, and play around with the aperture settings. At f1.8, f2, f2.2 etc, you should be able to see good bokeh (out of focus area)

DOF is also good for taking portrait photographs of individuals. The ability to blur the background will make the person's image stand out

Best,
APK

Don't worry about those posts. People who can't spend 76k on cameras won't appreciate you wasting 20+ k even if that's your money :lol:

Also, these clicks are all 1/3-1/5ev down from normal. I'd definitely open the shutter a bit longer or wider.

how many of u have done photographs like him..
80% of others simply buy n keep....so i pointed out,i hope real usersof camera have not misunderstood.

shots were good buddy ...

but personally i am sick of pics of flowers and spider nets.Are not other things on earth??
what about first and foremost some happy moments of your life

Brand new camera only for mr.spider or miss.sunflower???
stereotypical?i guess there are many things :

cityscapes...
life at remote village, the beeeautiful mountain roads, on to the wild shots..

artistical capture of female curves;)

give it a thought

how many of u have done photographs like him..
80% of others simply buy n keep....so i pointed out,i hope real usersof camera have not misunderstood.

shots were good buddy ...

but personally i am sick of pics of flowers and spider nets.Are not other things on earth??
what about first and foremost some happy moments of your life

Brand new camera only for mr.spider or miss.sunflower???
stereotypical?i guess there are many things :

cityscapes...
life at remote village, the beeeautiful mountain roads, on to the wild shots..

artistical capture of female curves;)

give it a thought

Stop ranting, kaushik. Learn to differentiate between writing and writing for a reason. A number of your posts are ill-mannered rants, including the above two.

You are no one to ask anyone to give you a justification for what camera they buy, or how much money they spend. Or what kind of pictures they take from what kind of camera. You are being utterly childish with these posts. Get over it.

As for what kind of pictures I have taken, or other people who spend mega bucks on cameras or other hobbies, have taken:

(1) Quit whining, it's none of your business.

(2) You will never understand what kind of pictures they take, and why and what do they get out of it. Because you are not cut out for it. It's beyond you to understand why people "waste 20k+" on cameras just to take photos of flower or bugs.

(3) People don't need to prove to you what kind of use they are putting their cameras to. Suffice it to say when a person spends, he know why he is doing so. If you have problem understanding that, keep it to yourself. Don't make yourself a subject of ridicule by objecting to others' taste in their hobby.

(4) If you are desperate to see "artistical capture of female curves", there are thousands of sites on Internet, go there. HiFiVision is not the place for that.

(5) Personally, I have shot a number of subjects, themes, genres, including artistic nude. But I don't need to post them here to prove anything to anyone, least to you. And the same will be the case with any self-respecting photographer. Any self-respecting photographer will not post any photos here which are inappropriate for a site which is meant for audio-related discussion.

(3) People don't need to prove to you what kind of use they are putting their cameras to. Suffice it to say when a person spends, he know why he is doing so. If you have problem understanding that, keep it to yourself. Don't make yourself a subject of ridicule by objecting to others' taste in their hobby.

Rightly said!!

ranjeet, seems undergoing tensions.
just i have expressed some alternatives what so wrong in that..

you take or dont take ,i am not holding your salary bro!

after all statements that suggest "my knowledge is beyond your mental boundary" are byproduct of childish behaviour

hseplak seems understood my post,model posts are very nice.

ranjeet, why not post your work, i will say nice if that makes you happy! come on a web link will not kill the forum rules.

Last edited:
Shoot ooc... Upload ooc. .pray what the hell is ooc?

Sent from mobile on a crappy keyboard. Pls excuse typos.

kaushik, try to be respectful to others' view/approach. Someone posts a query on which budget DSLR to buy. After he has bought a DSLR you come preaching him a "10k P&S will do", no need to "waste 20k+" on a DSLR. Why do you have to do offend people with rants like those? Do you know about others' spending capability better than them or what?

Of course, a rant like this can't stop people from splurging on DSLRs or whatever else they like. You can't hold my or anyone else salary, but questioning others' spending is not a valid reason for that. Respect what others buy. If a 10k camera P&S works for you, good for you. But, that's not a license for you to offend people with 80k worth of cameras and lenses.

I share my photos, but with appropriate people and in appropriate communities. To see my work you will have to be a part of those communities. Play at those levels and you can see the work of people like me. Till then, just respect the fact that other people have ability to spend 80k for whatever they like to shoot, regardless whether or not you think those make great subjects/theme.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back