budget floorstanders ..30k ( Dali / Tannoy )

M

mpw

Hi,

Been going thru threads on bookshelves etc.. i think one can discuss 1 level above that.. budget floor standers at a price point of Rs 30k - Rs 35K.

Any one using the Dali Concept 6 or the Tannoy F4 custom ? Both these have very similar specs and retail for about 30K odd.

would love to hear from forum members.. and also on other FS in the same price range..

thanks,
mpw

Dali is better than Tannoy.I have F1 & really are balanced,but when opt for towers,though F4 is neutral, it can be more Bassy ocasionally.
Dali supposed to be sweater.

Hi:

I've not heard the F1, but heard the Dali Ikon6 and was very impressed, so my opinion would be quite biased for Dali.

They're indeed sweet speakers with very sweet sound. I guess the Dali house sound trickles down to the Concept series as well. Don't know about F1, but Dali's could be a bit forward in their presentation, so system matching should be dealt with care.

:)

u should also consider speakers from the following in that budget(+/- few k)
acoustic energy
mission m35i
jamo concert series
q-acoustics 1030i/1050i
psb t45/55
monitor audio br5
at the same time for that budget you could go in for some fine bookshelves.of course,have never heard the dali but they are reputed to be power hungry so need of a good amp is a given.the tannoys are great speakers.cheers

thanks ..

my Harman Kardon AVR can do 65W RMS@8 ohm The Dali Concept 6 and the Tannoy suit quite well on the spec part atleast.

Have heard the Dali Concept 6 hooked upto a Cyrus amp.. it sounded really nice. Havent had the chance to hear the F4 Tannoy though.

Bookshelves - dont like the idea of stands very much. I did consider the PSB Image B15 / B25 and have heard the MR BR2 ( i found it bass heavy ).

mpw

i dont think you should limit your choice to floorstanders. esp at that budget you would get better SQ from some bookshelves. i've read that the ushers are really good when compared rupee for rupee. also look at the monitor audio bronze br2 and the kef iq series

Hi mpw,
For FS, you can consider Wharfedale Diamond 9 (9.4, 9.5=28k) and 10 series (not sure of the prices) also in that budget

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back