Budget Friendly Bookshelfs "T-M-M" with Amplifier

Phase and timing issues will be present irrespective of whether the woofer is flush mounted, rear mounted (like in this case) or whatever because the acoustic center of the woofer is always going to be behind that of the tweeter unless it's a slanted baffle that takes care of this. It (acoustic center) needs to be accounted for in the crossover in any case.

Phase and timing issues will be present irrespective of whether the woofer is flush mounted, rear mounted (like in this case) or whatever because the acoustic center of the woofer is always going to be behind that of the tweeter unless it's a slanted baffle that takes care of this. It (acoustic center) needs to be accounted for in the crossover in any case.
I was alluding to dispersion..

I think it will be better for all drivers to be flush mounted to the front baffle ( and not any deeper ) in order to get better dispersion.

Aesthetics gets 2nd preference over sound unless the master orders otherwise..

However..In this situation you are the best judge...

Even for me Sound is first preference. But in this built the looks matters a lot for the person whom i am making it. He is not a serious listener.... This line speaks a lot...
Wow, looks awesome brother.
Thanks Bro.
A really good job sir..
As others have mentioned rear baffle mounted drivers not only have aesthetic issue, but also phase and timing issues with tweeter (as the car tweeters would be mounted Front baffle), If the crossover has addressed, its great, but doubt due to the budget nature.

You can try what KEF does by seating the drivers in a counterbore and use a covering ring to close the gap.

eg.

(FYI, most expensive speakers are using cheap frames and just hide them)

All the best
I am well aware of the phase and time alingment. I will try to coverup this issue in crossover.

Looks awesome, How does it sound?
The sound outupt is 200% WRT the bucks spent on them.
Good job done bro. Kudos to your endeavours.
Thank You

Here is final update of the Speakers. They are completed and testing has been done and to be frank, they are not audiophile grade, but for the bucks I spent on them the output i got is like 200%, They are damn good and have enough SPL to fill a room of size 12 x 15. Below are some photos.
IMG_20210414_150108.jpgIMG_20210414_150113.jpgIMG_20210414_150129.jpgIMG_20210414_150139.jpg

Really great Build Sadik bhai...

I think it will be good to make them active speakers by fitting your amplifier inside.

Update:
Just finished the Amplifier. I have used teak wood as a face plate, It turned out beautiful. I now just need to cover the face plate with a clear PU paint for protection. Since it is a budget friendly project i will be using Plastic knobs which are readily available in market. Also the Power on switch is fitted on back side of enclosure.IMG_20210522_180620.jpgIMG_20210522_180624.jpgIMG_20210522_180631.jpg

Excellent workmanship, not only the wood work the paint job is also really good... truly an eye candy.
Kudos Sadik bhai for your craftsmanship.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back