Budget home theater feasibility and suggestions.

abirjin

I had posted earlier regarding my desire to improve sound output of my tv on a budget and received a few suggestions. After checking out the suggested products and deliberation have decided to increase my budget to 35k for a proper HT system. I checked out the TAGA 5.0 systems for around 20k which seem good as TAGA has a fan following here. Was wondering if paring it up up with an used AVR is a feasible option for now and add an sub later (I don't really want boomy, room shaking bass to begin with, just added oomph to music and movies). If the above seems feasible please advice on components, otherwise suggest accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions on the used AVR part? Have no clue about what I should be looking for. Any pitfalls going the used AVR route that I should know beforehand?

Any suggestions on the used AVR part? Have no clue about what I should be looking for. Any pitfalls going the used AVR route that I should know beforehand?

Since you would be buying used AVR for the first time, suggest you to consider any models from our FM.. This way it is more genuine & reliable than buying from unknown buyer from OLX..

Any specific one's I should be looking for. I would like conveniences like bluetooth connectivity, USB playback if possible but everything is fairly dependent on the price I can get it at.

When you buy used AVR Don't care about BT and USB, cause these things can be made add on with few hundreds. Checkthe all HDMI IN ports connectivity and play back for Audio as well as video sinals. Check for all HDMI OUT signals.

Especially play DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD for a while and test. Cause these are high bandwidth audio files. Normally any problems in HDMI board these two files would not play properly.

Any specific one's I should be looking for. I would like conveniences like bluetooth connectivity, USB playback if possible but everything is fairly dependent on the price I can get it at.

Please open a "Wanted" thread under classified section of the forum stating your maximum budget and the features that you are looking for.. From the offers you get, you should be able to choose one that suits you..

Thanks guys for the suggestion on the AVR front, any for the speakers? I looked at the TAGA 5.0 systems and there are a few of them in give or take the same price bracket which ones should I be looking at, any recommendations or suggestions for any other speakers are also welcome.

Tho I would be purchasing the sub later please feel free to suggest a sub. Not looking for something overly powerful just a decent one with tight bass.

Thanks guys for the suggestion on the AVR front, any for the speakers? I looked at the TAGA 5.0 systems and there are a few of them in give or take the same price bracket which ones should I be looking at, any recommendations or suggestions for any other speakers are also welcome.

Usually the higher series (405, 506, 606), suggest better model..Very hard to suggest a model between 1 ~ 2K difference.. Pick the one that suits your colour preference..

Tho I would be purchasing the sub later please feel free to suggest a sub. Not looking for something overly powerful just a decent one with tight bass.

Depending on your budget, you can choose one from Taga TSW series.. (or) BIC America / Polk..

Usually the higher series (405, 506, 606), suggest better model..Very hard to suggest a model between 1 ~ 2K difference.. Pick the one that suits your colour preference..

Depending on your budget, you can choose one from Taga TSW series.. (or) BIC America / Polk..
Hi
Can you suggest any AVR to be used with Taga speakers, priced between 20k to 30k.

Regards
Sachin

Abirjin, if you really don't want boomy or room shaking bass, taga floor standers can give you a decent bass. It depends on the quality of the files, and also you can play around with bass and treble adjustment in the player software itself.

Not going for a sub now anyway as the budget does not permit. I am looking for bass to be tight, all my files are high quality. Still have not been able to make the purchase as I am having very little luck looking for a descent used AVR at a descent price.

Taga Harmony 606 SE bass drivers are pretty good, You may not require a subwoofer, However 506 will definitely require a Sub Add on.

Yeah so my search for an used AVR has not gone well and I have lost patience, looking to buy a new entry level AVR within 30k (so much for a budget setup). Kindly advise me on the models I should be looking at.

Yeah so my search for an used AVR has not gone well and I have lost patience, looking to buy a new entry level AVR within 30k (so much for a budget setup). Kindly advise me on the models I should be looking at.
A used AVR within 15k and a new AVR within 30k will give very similar options. Whereas a used AVR within 30k is more likely to throw up much better options.

Key word being "options", did not get very many good used options, hence planning to get an entry lvl AVR.
Ha ha haven't we all been in that situation and always are for some component or the other. Don't lose heart, keep searching I am sure something will come around.

MaSh

I had posted earlier regarding my desire to improve sound output of my tv on a budget and received a few suggestions. After checking out the suggested products and deliberation have decided to increase my budget to 35k for a proper HT system. I checked out the TAGA 5.0 systems for around 20k which seem good as TAGA has a fan following here. Was wondering if paring it up up with an used AVR is a feasible option for now and add an sub later (I don't really want boomy, room shaking bass to begin with, just added oomph to music and movies). If the above seems feasible please advice on components, otherwise suggest accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Why buy Chinese versions. If options are available. I have owned Boston and they are great to have.
Get this now A25 Book Shelves with my good friend at Hifimart , Mr anil's service is impeccable. I had owned these from him and i loved it. you can play them with low cost Norge Mumbai amp Gold priced 12k or so. Great Sound both Movies and music. You can also chk Tannoys,Wharfedales DX-1 . I have Wharfedales dx-1 for sale in Mumbai. Pl ping me. Soon will be posting the pictures on week ends.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back