Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Title : Surround 5.1
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Someone please explain this,
This is the media info from rarbg site, so if I play this file through my receiver will it use the DTS hd ma or DTS core audio file or is there only one audio file??

Movie name is

Interstellar.2014.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-RARBG

@Vinodmj .. Please don't use the words torrents, the site you download them from.. Just refer them as download files, and almost everyone here knows what it is.. Discussion on these topics (Pirate content), may lead the post to be deleted as they may be against forum rules..

Someone please explain this,
This is the media info from rarbg site, so if I play this file through my receiver will it use the DTS hd ma or DTS core audio file or is there only one audio file??

All Remux files have highest quality audio (lossless) in it.. If you AVR is capable of decoding it, you can see the codec on AVR display.. So in your case, you would see DTS-HD MA on AVR display..

Also avoid remux files as they have multiple audio streams, which you will never need.. Of all the aval files per search, choose the file which has single lossless track, with varying video resolution (HD, FHD,4K) and that is enough.. Saves you on download limit & time to complete..

@Vinodmj .. Please don't use the words torrents, the site you download them from.. Just refer them as download files, and almost everyone here knows what it is.. Discussion on these topics (Pirate content), may lead the post to be deleted as they may be against forum rules..

Oops!!! I never knew this.

All Remux files have highest quality audio (lossless) in it.. If you AVR is capable of decoding it, you can see the codec on AVR display.. So in your case, you would see DTS-HD MA on AVR display..

Also avoid remux files as they have multiple audio streams, which you will never need.. Of all the aval files per search, choose the file which has single lossless track, with varying video resolution (HD, FHD,4K) and that is enough.. Saves you on download limit & time to complete..[/QUOTE]

Every other file has only lossy audio file except remux.

No worries.. Just a word of caution, than to invite moderator action..:p

Then fine.. But most other cases, you will have plenty of options (codec & video resolution).. You just have to choose the best to your need..

Other files has only audio bitrate like 1509 kbps for DTS (only DTS core audio file) and worse for Dolby. So I chose remux for higher bitrate.

Any suggestions who provide unaltered audio?? Or do I have to worry about DTS hd ma or DTS core would suffice??

DAMN!!!! The things I have to learn and do, in order to satisfy my ego.

Last edited:
Other files has only audio bitrate like 1509 kbps for DTS (only DTS core audio file) and worse for Dolby. So I chose remux for higher bitrate.

In that case it is fine to fetch remux files.. When you happen to notice an other file with lossless audio, then choose that..

Any suggestions who provide unaltered audio??

It is all in the same place which you mentioned earlier in your posts..

Or do I have to worry about DTS hd ma or DTS core would suffice??

Use your discretion.. If you have unlimited D/L then get those lossless files.. If you are restricted with D/L like me (BSNL), i choose DTS (lossy, 1509 Kbps) most of the times.. Whenever i have buffer, i grab lossless files..

DAMN!!!! The things I have to learn to order to satisfy my ego.

You would know it yourself on how to choose files, over a period of time.. No worries..

Use your discretion.. If you have unlimited D/L then get those lossless files.. If you are restricted with D/L like me (BSNL), i choose DTS (lossy, 1509 Kbps) most of the times.. Whenever i have buffer, i grab lossless files..

Thanks for the replies mate, as of now using three Jio sims to download movies.

I guess we should wait for Jio fiber. Hope the leaked data plans are true.

Thanks for the replies mate, as of now using three Jio sims to download movies.

I guess we should wait for Jio fiber. Hope the leaked data plans are true.

I am wondering why would you use a sim to download ? Cant you use a regular broadband connection like Act or Hathway since you are in Chennai ?

I am wondering why would you use a sim to download ? Cant you use a regular broadband connection like Act or Hathway since you are in Chennai ?

Dude, iam living in Chennai outskirt so no good broadband is available in our area only bsnl is available, but waiting for Jio fiber.

Dude, iam living in Chennai outskirt so no good broadband is available in our area only bsnl is available, but waiting for Jio fiber.

Yeah I guessed that. Dont Airtel offer a line there ? They are atleast half decent than BSNL.

Anyone know about bitstreaming the remux files from PC to avr, doing so the avr recieves the unaltered file ??

Yes.. Thru HDMI output from PC to AVR and correct audio settings in the mediaplayer.. My movie playback is thru PC..

Will the method in the above video works for sending remux files (uncompressed audio and video) to the receiver and then to the TV??

Will the method in the above video works for sending remux files (uncompressed audio and video) to the receiver and then to the TV??

It should work.. However, i don't use Media player classic for movie playback..

I use Kodi media player and the audio settings are simple.. You can get HD Audio codec to AVR..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back