Budget home theater setup

After all these effort, I came to know that DTS hd ma has no noticeable difference compared to DTS core in 5.1 ch setup.

After all these effort, I came to know that DTS hd ma has no noticeable difference compared to DTS core in 5.1 ch setup.

For a 90 min movie, a DTS 5.1 core (1.5 Mbps or 1509 Kbps) would have 1 GB for audio within the file size.. For the same movie, DTS-HDMA 7.1 (4.5 Mbps or would roughly take 3 times more file size (3Gfor audio..

I have watched the same movie with DTS & DTS-HDMA and HD audio is defnetly better.. A recent movie which i saw was "Adrift"..

If you want to check the difference, try the same movie in different audio streams..

I think even though your MPC audio settings would be right, windows might be doing something there..

Try Kodi too, under audio settings, you need to choose "WASAPI" and play both files back to back and check the difference..

BTW, which AVR do you have & what is your connectivity between AVR & source?..

For a 90 min movie, a DTS 5.1 core (1.5 Mbps or 1509 Kbps) would have 1 GB for audio within the file size.. For the same movie, DTS-HDMA 7.1 (4.5 Mbps or would roughly take 3 times more file size (3Gfor audio..

I have watched the same movie with DTS & DTS-HDMA and HD audio is defnetly better.. A recent movie which i saw was "Adrift"..

If you want to check the difference, try the same movie in different audio streams..

I think even though your MPC audio settings would be right, windows might be doing something there..

Try Kodi too, under audio settings, you need to choose "WASAPI" and play both files back to back and check the difference..

BTW, which AVR do you have & what is your connectivity between AVR & source?..

Iam yet to yet to deploy my system. I checked it in a website that there is no noticeable difference between dts hd ma and dts core except some very minute noises missing (I guess it is noticeable when loud noise is not playing in movie like conjuring, the nun)

https://losen.win/articles/dts-hd-m...ma-vs-dts-core-difference-and-comparison.html

Iam yet to yet to deploy my system. I checked it in a website that there is no noticeable difference between dts hd ma and dts core except some very minute noises missing (I guess it is noticeable when loud noise is not playing in movie like conjuring, the nun)

https://losen.win/articles/dts-hd-m...ma-vs-dts-core-difference-and-comparison.html

Article is great.. I have said this before, it is hard to differentiate between DTS core Vs DTS HD-MA without looking into specs (or) AVR display.. BTW, 85% of the movies that i have watched is DTS core..

Anyways, when you set it up try it..

Article is great.. I have said this before, it is hard to differentiate between DTS core Vs DTS HD-MA without looking into specs (or) AVR display.. BTW, 85% of the movies that i have watched is DTS core..

Anyways, when you set it up try it..

Ok, you do use Lg ph550 projector right??
If yes, how is the performance and if any problem arises is there a service center in chennai?? And can it project 100" from distance of 7- 10 feet??

Mixing is an Art and mixing matters more than the format themselves. As I said elsewhere, the main difference will be dynamic range. When I listen to old 24 bit recording through my studio monitors, I actually turn off the fan, the display of the computer and any possible 'noise-making' equipments to fully enjoy the dynamic range of the music. When it comes to home audio, it is not really possible unless you have a dedicated room with good acoustics. Still, you can hear good difference in dynamic range in movies with brilliant mixes, just that we cannot appreciate it as much if we listen to the same in a proper room. Also, the lossless audio is best enjoyed in a treated room otherwise the difference between lossless and lossy audio will be subtle. Again, it depends up on the mix and mastering engineer. I honestly don't see a point in atmos when the 5.1 mix of Kollywood, Bollywood movies aren't that great. The only person I know who concentrate a lot on audio in Tamil movie Industry is kamal Hassan. One of his movies' sound mix was done by award wining whiplash team, IIRC. So, mix matters more than format :)

Ok, you do use Lg ph550 projector right??
If yes, how is the performance and if any problem arises is there a service center in chennai?? And can it project 100" from distance of 7- 10 feet??

I use the LG PF1500W, FHD-LED projector, been using it for 6 months now.. I have done very basic tweaking of the projector.. The performance is good.. I use it in my bedroom, projected on a wall, painted grey.. I love it for it is sheer compact and the size of the image..

The most important reason i got it from US thru my friend was because i got it for 42K something (amazon.com warehouse deal), 1/3rd of india price.. And because of the price, i overlooked everything.. Incase of any issues, i will need to figure it out with LG India..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back