Budget HT Less than 25k

Yamaha YHT-196 is HTiB and comes with speakers+subwoofer. Yes, the subwoofer can be replaced with an active one if needed. Featurewise Yamaha YHT-196 is not better than Onkyo 3400-3500. Onkyo supports Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD MA, which yamaha 196 does not support. Yamaha YHT-296 supports these formats and if I am right Yamaha 296 comes with active sub too.

Most of the HTiBs comes with plastic enclosures for speakers... how much difference does it make??

Plastic enclosures are the cheapest source for speakers....Top material being Aluminium, followed by wood & then plastic...

Never buy the AVR with passive subwoofer as they will never give you an upgrade path...

If you like Yamaha YHT196, speak to the dealer in your city & find-out if you can get only the AVR alone.... If you are able to get it, match them with speakers with the highest sensitivity/efficiency with in your budget...

Agree with elangoas - Never buy an HTIB with Passive Sub - you are simply not gonna be able to add a kickass Active Sub later - This is the only reason I didnt buy Onkyo 3400/3500 - I settled for Denon Dht-1312XP. By the way it has a nice 11Kg active sub

Agree with elangoas - Never buy an HTIB with Passive Sub - you are simply not gonna be able to add a kickass Active Sub later - This is the only reason I didnt buy Onkyo 3400/3500 - I settled for Denon Dht-1312XP. By the way it has a nice 11Kg active sub

Sir I would like to advice, we can add active subwoofer through BD/ DVD player's subwoofer out port in case your HTiB doesn't have subwoofer out, any way my YHT 196 has sub out port:)

Well have settled for 2.1 setup. Got a stereo amp from Astonia (SC300) and a sub (PS 2000). now looking for Floor standing or bookshelf speakers. I must say withing the same budget i might be able to get a setup that would keep me happy for years (but you never know :))

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back