Budget HT setup under 30K

garv

However, my want was Dolby Atmos, but it's not possible in this budget, so I am ok with the 5.1 setups but confused between too many options.
Sony IV300, RT3, JukeBar 9400 Pro, Moto Amphi X, Yamaha 1840, and many more. I haven't buy audio equipment in my life, just some earphones, so I don't know much about audio but can tell the difference between good and fake bass. My question is, which HT should I buy my TV supports eARC and Dolby Atmos and DTS, and my usage is 1. 80% OTT Content 2. 20% Movies and TV shows from my 4K collection.
Note: I can spend some thousands more if the option is really good.

Just a dumb query. Both the Yamaha models do not have upward firing speakers, would they serve the purpose?

Just a dumb query. Both the Yamaha models do not have upward firing speakers, would they serve the purpose?
The Yamaha is a 5.1 system. It does not support Atmos. So upward firing speakers are not required. In an atmos setup, speakers are normally installed in the ceiling. If one is unable to install speakers in the ceiling, then one of the options is to install upward firing speakers. There don't work as well as speakers actually installed in the ceiling.

IMO, Onkyo should be now kept out of consideration for the time being as right now there is no service support, no spares and no stock. The parent company is in the process of being taken over by (Audio)Voxx and Sharp. Pioneer as a brand will remain with existing Onkyo prometers, so that brand should also be ignored till things settle down.

Repairs are prohibitively costly if something goes wrong as be is Yamaha, Onkyo or any other, these companies replace full pcbs and cost can be anything between 14k to 18k even for lower end systems.

Denon seems to be going steady with several brands under its wings.

Repairs are prohibitively costly if something goes wrong as be is Yamaha, Onkyo or any other, these companies replace full pcbs and cost can be anything between 14k to 18k even for lower end systems.

Component level repairing was withdrawn long ago as using a technician for long on one piece is expensive, they usually promote use and throw. Some good repairing shops do exist, who do repair if any rare IC is not involved.

@ssf @Chulbulee @vkatta Thanks for your valuable feedbacks I researched a lot and found out that Sony IV300 is not a good HT it's a bass-heavy HT and lacks natural sound experience. So my next pick is Yamaha 1840 but it's expensive around 30K and I'll have to manage the wires too but I can however it'll look bad but that's OK for a Good HT. I have found Samsung HW-T670 5.1 Channel Soundbar which can be bought at around 27K here and it has DTS Virtual X and a Center channel to that will whole wireless setup. The subwoofer is wireless and the rear speakers too. Have you listened it anywhere? Can it match the sound quality of Yamaha 1840 as it's newer and have an adaptive DTS algorithm? Please help I am totally confused now.

Preference should be Yamaha->Onkyo->Philips->Sony in HTiB.
Avoid Philips as the quality is not their old self, and their after sales is toooo poor.

Samsung T670 is bass heavy with poor vocals and I heard it at my neighbour's place.

Whatever you choose, preferably, audition before.

Avoid Philips as the quality is not their old self, and their after sales is toooo poor.

Samsung T670 is bass heavy with poor vocals and I heard it at my neighbour's place.

Whatever you choose, preferably, audition before.
Thanks sir any suggestion about HW-A67E

Sony HT-RT40 at your budget.
JBL BAR 5.1 at 2x your budget.

The Sony is quite good. Clear dialogue and decent bass handling. Suitable for a small living room.

Sony HT-RT40 at your budget.
JBL BAR 5.1 at 2x your budget.

The Sony is quite good. Clear dialogue and decent bass handling. Suitable for a small living room.
Room size 10x12 can you also give a quick review on Samsung HW-A67E

JBL's products have been repulsed in many forums, their soundbars suddenly switch off after a few minutes, acknowledged by JBL but no solution yet for the past few years. Avoid.

JBL's products have been repulsed in many forums, their soundbars suddenly switch off after a few minutes, acknowledged by JBL but no solution yet for the past few years. Avoid.
I have bought Samsung one after many thoughts as it's completely wireless and has DTS HD and DTS X along with real surround speakers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back