Budget HTPC running XBMC

rishi.s

Hi All,

Am new here, and a newbie.

Am looking for a HTPC. I don't have the money to buy a branded one (WD, Xtream, etc.) nor do I have the technical know-how to build one from scratch. Have read on this forum and others that if I can get my hands on a reasonably spec'd H/W, I will be able to install XBMC. But none of the models they recommend seem to be available here in India (at least not with an affordable price-tag) - Acer 3610, 3700, etc. Have called up quite a few Acer resellers here in Chennai, but none of them seem to have them.

Are there any other models I should be looking for? I would be using this for music and HD movies.

Zotaz zboxnano
Foxconn barebones
Jetway

But they all would nees you to imstall hard disk and ram, except plus models of zbox. Its 269 usd. In india should be around 20k.

My suggestion is to go to some big pc market near you. Nd get a pc built there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Am new here, and a newbie.

Am looking for a HTPC. I don't have the money to buy a branded one (WD, Xtream, etc.) nor do I have the technical know-how to build one from scratch. Have read on this forum and others that if I can get my hands on a reasonably spec'd H/W, I will be able to install XBMC. But none of the models they recommend seem to be available here in India (at least not with an affordable price-tag) - Acer 3610, 3700, etc. Have called up quite a few Acer resellers here in Chennai, but none of them seem to have them.

Are there any other models I should be looking for? I would be using this for music and HD movies.

In Bangalore, I was offered a zotac box amd fusion based box for some 16 k . As there is no ram so add 1200 for 4 gb ddr3. Also you've no hdd, so you've to add one.

Immediately calculated that getting an htpc built can be much cheaper if you want amd fusion or you can go with intel latest generation cpu's keeping the same budget as zotac. IMHO these small cabinets may look cute and maybe a bit more greener when is comes to power, but they are not flexible as An assembled htpc.

Goto the nearest computer market, enter any decent looking shop and he'll assemble you a good pc within 14-15k or more depending on the choices you make.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back