Budget Plasma LG 42PN4500 review

yes, purchased Norge MOSFET Ref 2000 Stereo Amplifier + KEF Q300 speakers .............will be arriving on Monday.......... will let you know how it sounds.

Did you received the speakers? How much is the cost for amp+speaker?

krm

Nice TV, but serious JUDDER on camera pan

This is an awesome TV for its price. Beats LED in range of 50K easily.

Shockingly only limitation is very visible JUDDER during panning shots.

Specially say during Discover HD documentaries. Image looks hazy when there is panning and are back to normal when it stops.

Strange!!! Very Strange!!!

Except for this it is a 9/10 budget Plasma

Got this Plasma after much deliberation. Seen lot of TVs at friends home. There is nothing i can make out, why they have purchased so costly LED.
The serious limitation is the only one HDMI port.
Please guide me how you overcomed that problem? I know there is a HDMI spilter.
But dont want to got for that as it would require switching between inputs.

how is the quality of HDMI to AVI(RCA) conversion? I mean is HD of 1080p possible?

Got this Plasma after much deliberation. Seen lot of TVs at friends home. There is nothing i can make out, why they have purchased so costly LED.
The serious limitation is the only one HDMI port.
Please guide me how you overcomed that problem? I know there is a HDMI spilter.
But dont want to got for that as it would require switching between inputs.

how is the quality of HDMI to AVI(RCA) conversion? I mean is HD of 1080p possible?
Don't have such hang-ups. I use Kinivo-301BN and very happy with it.

I got this from Flipkart as New Year offer for Rs.28084. Most of the showrooms will demo only HD channels. I requested Reliance Digital guys to change to SD channel and could compare that LG 42PN4500's picture quality is as good as any 50K LED Tv.

In my house, I am watching from 10ft distance. First used Picture Wizard to set the desired parameters and changed only the contrast to desired level.

Flipkart's delivery was fast and LG did the wall mounting the next day.
Best value for money...!!

Hi

I called the LG 1800xxxx number and asked about the extended warranty pricing for this model. After a looong wait, I was told it would be Rs. 5000/ per year, extendable up to max 3 years; 15000/- for 3 years!

This is significantly higher (and quite ridiculous) compared to what other members have paid in the recent months.

I can think of few things:
1. Perhaps they have increased the prices from 2015, as the model is being phased out...?
2. The 1800xxx guy did not have the right info. I should cross check with the local service centre

Anyone purchased extended warranty recently - please share your experience.

Thanks!

update

The service centre person returned my call. He said if I go for extended warranty within a month of purchase, it would cost Rs.6xxx for 3 years.
If I go for the extended warranty later (after the one month period) it would cost 4xxx per year.

Is this what others have heard too? Of course makes sense to have it within a month! :D

update

The service centre person returned my call. He said if I go for extended warranty within a month of purchase, it would cost Rs.6xxx for 3 years.
If I go for the extended warranty later (after the one month period) it would cost 4xxx per year.

Is this what others have heard too? Of course makes sense to have it within a month! :D

-----------------------------------------
You better send an e-mail to LG customer care and if you get the response, save it for future reference.

Re: Nice TV, but serious JUDDER on camera pan

This is an awesome TV for its price. Beats LED in range of 50K easily.

Shockingly only limitation is very visible JUDDER during panning shots.

Specially say during Discover HD documentaries. Image looks hazy when there is panning and are back to normal when it stops.

Strange!!! Very Strange!!!

Except for this it is a 9/10 budget Plasma

I am looking to buy this TV. Owners, can you confirm the following items, please:

1. Does it have motion blur, in fast moving scenes? action movies, sports, etc.,?
2. I am planning to have it in living room. Is it bright enough? It will be opposite to window, but I can use curtains during day time.

Mostly will watch soap operas, english movies, hd channels and sports. Please let me know your experience.

Hi Friends,

After going through the forum have finalized on LG 42PN4500 Plasma. Getting the best rate from Flipkart for 28600/- . With an exchange of CRT.

Did anyone have a bad experience of buying products from FlipKart. Kindly advise. the best rate I could get is 33000/- frp, Vasanth and co. In LG Show room a best offer of 34500/-.

Most of the retailer dont even show this TV.

Regards,

Hi Friends,

After going through the forum have finalized on LG 42PN4500 Plasma. Getting the best rate from Flipkart for 28600/- . With an exchange of CRT.

Did anyone have a bad experience of buying products from FlipKart. Kindly advise. the best rate I could get is 33000/- frp, Vasanth and co. In LG Show room a best offer of 34500/-.

Most of the retailer dont even show this TV.

Regards,

Just make sure you have seen this TV in action and are fine with the refresh rate. i.e. Fast moving scenes.
It is 600hz vs Panasonic plasmas which are generally 2500hz+

I got 2 of these LG plasma TV's ,one i bought from Reliance store @30500 in 2013
and second one i bought from Flipkart @20000 in 2014 :) on big billion sale

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back