Budget Plasma LG 42PN4500 review

Update: Received damaged TV from snapdeal, the glass is broken from inside, outside glass is not broken .....................pic attached, sent mail to snapdeal for replacement.

Avoid purchasing high value electronic items from snapdeal.

Last edited:
Update: Received damaged TV from snapdeal, the glass is broken from inside, outside glass is not broken .....................pic attached, sent mail to snapdeal for replacement.

Hell.....:-(....It was post deliver or during delivery i.e open delivery

Snapdeal is turning out to be a horror story for many these days. Better to avoid them

Dear Friends,

Bluedart will just deliver the product and go and you get only 7 days for refund or replacement, so after delivery I checked and found the TV damaged from inside.
Luckily I had read all reviews at snapdeal for this TV, where one customer had received a damaged TV.............So opened immediately after delivery and found my TV damaged too.

Hope this info will help all online buyers, especially who buy high value electronic items.

Dear Friends,

Bluedart will just deliver the product and go and you get only 7 days for refund or replacement, so after delivery I checked and found the TV damaged from inside.
Luckily I had read all reviews at snapdeal for this TV, where one customer had received a damaged TV.............So opened immediately after delivery and found my TV damaged too.

Hope this info will help all online buyers, especially who buy high value electronic items.

Hope the issue sorts itself out quickly enough for you. :sad:

I was planning to order via Snapdeal too, solely because the retail shops in my locality in Chennai are quoting 3k more than the price offered on SD, but after hearing about what happened to you, I'm not so sure anymore. :sad:

Hope the issue sorts itself out quickly enough for you. :sad:

I was planning to order via Snapdeal too, solely because the retail shops in my locality in Chennai are quoting 3k more than the price offered on SD, but after hearing about what happened to you, I'm not so sure anymore. :sad:

3k is not a big difference in price. You can bargain or ask for some freebie. Better to buy from retail shop instead of snapdeal for such a less price difference

3k is not a big difference in price. You can bargain or ask for some freebie. Better to buy from retail shop instead of snapdeal for such a less price difference

True, but right now I'm debating if I should jump ship to Samsung. I just got off the phone with customer care reps from both the companies.

- The LG guy told me that there's absolutely no way their Extended Warranty (AMC) will cover parts replacement once the 1 year standard warranty period expires. So if/when anything conks, it'll have to come out of my pocket.

- The Samsung guy, on the other hand, informed me that their Extended Warranty covers Motherboard, SMPS and Panel replacement. I asked him more than twice if he was certain and he assured me that such was the case. The price is 2100, 3400 & 5000 + Taxes for 1, 2 & 3 years respectively (for anyone interested).

Call me paranoid but I'm wondering if going with Samsung would be a better choice, even though it's a tad pricier. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Sigh!

We can buy online from LG website
Smart TVs, Home Theatres, Smartphones, Projectors & Home Appliances | LG Brand Store

LG ::Extended Warranty - Terms & Conditions

Extended Warranty - Term & Condition | Lg Brand Store
Plasma TVs

Parts covered: This AMC contract covers repair/replacement of all electronic function parts like Panel, Power Supply, Main PCB, Menu PCB, Remote controller, 3D Glasses & Sub PCBs like X-Sus &Y-Sus, X&Y Drive, Z-Sus, Control PCB etc.

Parts not covered: Aesthetic/plastic parts such as Cabinets, Stand, accessories such as cables (HDMI, AV,DVI, etc) & Free gifts.

Note: Image Sticking / Image retention in Plasma Module is not covered for warranty / AMC repairs.

True, but right now I'm debating if I should jump ship to Samsung. I just got off the phone with customer care reps from both the companies.

- The LG guy told me that there's absolutely no way their Extended Warranty (AMC) will cover parts replacement once the 1 year standard warranty period expires. So if/when anything conks, it'll have to come out of my pocket.

- The Samsung guy, on the other hand, informed me that their Extended Warranty covers Motherboard, SMPS and Panel replacement. I asked him more than twice if he was certain and he assured me that such was the case. The price is 2100, 3400 & 5000 + Taxes for 1, 2 & 3 years respectively (for anyone interested).

Call me paranoid but I'm wondering if going with Samsung would be a better choice, even though it's a tad pricier. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Sigh!
I think it is the other way around. Samsung 2nd year extended warranty during diwali sale covers only SMPS and if the panel only becomes defective and SMPS is OK then they would not replace the panel. If both become defective i.e panel due to malfunctioning SMPS then panel is covered in the second year. But LG has comprehensive warranty including panel for the second year and this is given in the handout at any LG dealer

Friends,
I recently purchased this tv from Flipkart. WS Retail mailed me invoice showing serial no as 14674410000500TRLLBL, whereas the TV have serial number 410PPEB000500.
I emailed them several times for correction in invoice and lastly they replied "both serial numbers are same so issue resolved."
Anybody purchased from flopkart, please help.

Regards
krm

I think you should try. Also you can talk to LG Customer Care about this before hand. Whatever get it confirmed about your warranty from LG. And dont want to discourage you about the news i heard last month that LG was not honouring purchase from flipkart or online shopping sites, i may be wrong here, telling you for to be cautious.

Regarding serial no., you can also find it inside tv browsing in menus may be in support or settings you'll get correct serial no (particularly i've not seen in this tv so cant direct exactly).

I purchased from snapdeal and asked LG customer care for extended warranty along with installation............paid Rs 6085 [ cheque ] for 3+1 warranty............today I received AMC Invoice by email...........same will be couriered to you later.
LG knows I got the said TV @ Rs 29,999 .......... invoice copy mentions the discount rate ??

PS:: I was not sure whether I will get AMC from LG.............Yesterday I emailed LG saying I did not receive AMC Invoice, today they called me saying ........... AMC Invoice emailed and the same will be couriered.
The AMC mentions LG warehouse address............ but dealer name, address is absent.
My guess is LG is registering the product the moment you order, link it customer address, phone No...... .............. when I call LG first time from my mobile for installation....... the CC Guy had all the details.

I purchased from snapdeal and asked LG customer care for extended warranty along with installation............paid Rs 6085 [ cheque ] for 3+1 warranty............today I received AMC Invoice by email...........same will be couriered to you later.
LG knows I got the said TV @ Rs 29,999 .......... invoice copy mentions the discount rate ??

PS:: I was not sure whether I will get AMC from LG.............Yesterday I emailed LG saying I did not receive AMC Invoice, today they called me saying ........... AMC Invoice emailed and the same will be couriered.
The AMC mentions LG warehouse address............ but dealer name, address is absent.
My guess is LG is registering the product the moment you order, link it customer address, phone No...... .............. when I call LG first time from my mobile for installation....... the CC Guy had all the details.

Dear friend,
AMC means annual maintenance contract. Does your AMC cover parts also? LG website information is very confusing. It is stated there that only labour charges are covered and parts if any will be chargable.
Have you purchased soundbar or HT? Cos sound of this set is loud but not pleasing.

LG will repair or replace ............. LG guy called and confirmed this during installation, I guess we have to pay the shipping cost.

Parts covered: This AMC contract covers repair/replacement of all electronic function parts like Panel, Power Supply, Main PCB, Menu PCB, Remote controller, 3D Glasses & Sub PCBs like X-Sus &Y-Sus, X&Y Drive, Z-Sus, Control PCB etc.

Have you purchased soundbar or HT? ................yes, purchased Norge MOSFET Ref 2000 Stereo Amplifier + KEF Q300 speakers .............will be arriving on Monday.......... will let you know how it sounds.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back