Budget Plasma LG 42PN4500 review

If that is the case there is no point even spending 6000 bucks simply because in a tv there is no need for servicing. If for some reason there is a malfunction a a part replacement is needed

Thanks for sharing the information

Later on I too called lg customer care and as the technician who had come to install the tv, I was told parts will be replaced/repaired for free for 1 + 3 years
I insisted that I need confirmation on this. On that the rep talked to his senior and told me that service would be free, and I JUST have to pay for replacement parts

What a joke I should say

Any update on this bro? LG guys told me that it covers parts as well.

This is important as Samsung covers parts and I will rather buy samsung in that case. I liked PQ of LG though..

Any update on this bro? LG guys told me that it covers parts as well.

This is important as Samsung covers parts and I will rather buy samsung in that case. I liked PQ of LG though..

Hi gaurav

No updates.

The helpline clearly told me its only free service and parts i have to pay, so i stopped there

If you get written confirmation from lg about free parts and labour you should definitely go for it

Hi gobble

Which sound bar do you use?

Does it have a headphone out?

Also if you don't mind can you share all the picture settings
I use the zvox 220 I purchased a couple of years back. No HP out.
My TV settings are:
Brightness 55
Contrast 19
Sharpness 14
Color 44
Tint G18 - G20
WB C16 - C18

Can you share yours?
Edit: I use Eco mode and the panel light is greyed out at 100%. Is there a way to change panel light setting?

Thanks
G

Last edited:
25.6k actually. 6K exchange for my 6 year old 24" PC monitor.

Crazy man..That means anyone can buy a monitor at 6K and get an exhange for 8K...You sure they didnt check if its working or not?

BTW, I have decided to go for Samsung as it has WIFI DIRECT and as it is Wifi Ready.

No second thoughts LG had an edge as it had a BLACK PANEL and better blacks, but Samsung had better shawdow & details.

I use the zvox 220 I purchased a couple of years back. No HP out.
My TV settings are:
Brightness 55
Contrast 19
Sharpness 14
Color 44
Tint G18 - G20
WB C16 - C18

Can you share yours?
Edit: I use Eco mode and the panel light is greyed out at 100%. Is there a way to change panel light setting?

Thanks
G

Thanks Gobble for the settings

I am not much of a TV guy so was using the preset settings. :)
I occasionally watch a movie. My 10 year old CRT died and had to buy a replacement.

I will check about the panel light and get back to you

Crazy man..That means anyone can buy a monitor at 6K and get an exhange for 8K...You sure they didnt check if its working or not?

BTW, I have decided to go for Samsung as it has WIFI DIRECT and as it is Wifi Ready.

No second thoughts LG had an edge as it had a BLACK PANEL and better blacks, but Samsung had better shawdow & details.
When I purchased my monitor, it was listed at 45k mrp on dell site and I got from a dell employee "pehchaan" for 27k. So it wasn't some cheap tn panel junk. The control panel buttons had ceased to work since years and I was unable to get a replacement PCB strip for the buttons with a casual attempt without the prospect of spending 2-3 k. I need a monitor I can calibrate for photography so this one was useless to me.

The exchange is not blind, it is processed by a back office and cleared before the delivery/pickup.

G

When I purchased my monitor, it was listed at 45k mrp on dell site and I got from a dell employee "pehchaan" for 27k. So it wasn't some cheap tn panel junk. The control panel buttons had ceased to work since years and I was unable to get a replacement PCB strip for the buttons with a casual attempt without the prospect of spending 2-3 k. I need a monitor I can calibrate for photography so this one was useless to me.

The exchange is not blind, it is processed by a back office and cleared before the delivery/pickup.

G

I have a old 21 inch monitor of 7K. Will that Qualify? Now fact is this is a Monitor and not a LED so not sure how back office gonna clear it.

Also can you share more on EXHANGE thing being approved by back office? You mean delivery person calls and share model details etc?? If yes, then I am surprised how they offered 8K for Monitor without tuner.

Would you people suggest this plasma TV for using it more as a display attached with Minix X8 media player for primarily listening to music, checking emails and surfing on the net. Occasionally I would watch movies. So there may be a lot of static content which may cause image retention issues. Right?

Or shall I opt for a LED TV?

Keep in mind that it is not extended warranty but Annual Maintenance Contract.I had a talk with their Support team and they clearly told that it shall only cover servicing and if any replacement of part is required then it will be on chargeable basis.

This is wrong. I got a call from RELATIONSHIP MANAGER for DELHI and he clearly said all except PLASTIC parts are covered.

So, go and buy the EW.

Also, what made u buy PN$4500 over f4900/h4900

This is wrong. I got a call from RELATIONSHIP MANAGER for DELHI and he clearly said all except PLASTIC parts are covered.

So, go and buy the EW.

Also, what made u buy PN$4500 over f4900/h4900

great! so we have within one year to purchase the extended warranty? :licklips:

great! so we have within one year to purchase the extended warranty? :licklips:

But the price almost doubles if you opt for it after 30 days of purchase

I still have my doubts because the help line is singing another song. There is total lack of clarity from the company's side on this extended warranty

You really got lucky. I just checked with Flipkart and they shared tht it should not be a MONITOR. She repeated this at least 3-4 times.

Hmmmm :-(...
The problem is that any customer support rep you will call is strongly likely to give you a moronic answer. I didn't call anybody. I just filled out the exchange form online and it looked up the auto complete function in its database to fill in Dell and my monitor part number. Just do it and wait for the back end office to process or reject. You can always cancel the transaction after the order and before delivery if they reject. In either case you won't pay more than the exchange price.

G

The problem is that any customer support rep you will call is strongly likely to give you a moronic answer. I didn't call anybody. I just filled out the exchange form online and it looked up the auto complete function in its database to fill in Dell and my monitor part number. Just do it and wait for the back end office to process or reject. You can always cancel the transaction after the order and before delivery if they reject. In either case you won't pay more than the exchange price.

G

There is no auto fill option coming. You can fill even XYZ.Can you please check and tell me.

Strange na..

G

Not bad..For the benefit of all. coud you plz suggest what was the exhange process at the time of delivery. Did they try and see if monitor works as TV or not.

Thanks in advance

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back