Budget Plasma LG 42PN4500 review

Yes I had my monitor showing my PC desktop.
I can't spoonfeed anymore. Pls close this topic about exchange.

I am getting some really good skin tone and natural colors now after I switched to picture wizard and made adjustment to color gamut in expert mode and switched back to Eco mode with the following settings:

Contrast 30
Brightness 50
Sharpness 20
Color 42
Tint G10
WB W4

Note that the real magic appears to be from the TV retaining the settings for color gamut. Options are standard, SMPTE, rec 709, wide. You can also set magenta to -2 to try and reduce the pink faces in SD content. But what I noticed was HD content was good but SD content pinkish due to different color gamut in SD recordings where colors look over saturated when TV screen tries to map the recorded gamut to its configured color gamut.

I can't access the expert settings again without erasing the current settings so I won't paste them Herr. But you can experiment.
I think I may have selected SMPTE or rec 709, Can't recall which.
G

Last edited:
Hi gobble
I had forgotten to update that I had tried everything in the settings but there was no way panel light settings was getting activated in Eco mode

Hi gobble
I had forgotten to update that I had tried everything in the settings but there was no way panel light settings was getting activated in Eco mode
Yeah its activated in expert mode. I set it to 50 before reverting to eco mode. Try choosing SMPTE as the color gamut to maintain good skin tone in SD content as well. Rec 709 is a slight variation of it and the norm for HD but for both SD and HD SMPTE is giving better balance.

Quick word!

Anybody who wants to pick this TV can pick it today at flipkart for Rs 20,500/- all inclusive. No exchange required!!!!!

I do not know how long it will last!

Make it if you want to.

On top of that if you have HDFC or Citibank cards, you can get a further 10% off on this price!

Last I saw, price is back to Rs 38500 again. But I did manage to put it in a cart for Rs 20,500/- but bloody hell no delivery to my town!

On top of that if you have HDFC or Citibank cards, you can get a further 10% off on this price!

Last I saw, price is back to Rs 38500 again. But I did manage to put it in a cart for Rs 20,500/- but bloody hell no delivery to my town!
I recall seeing the cash back offer too one day before I placed the order. Perhaps I'll see a credit in my account a few months down the line...?! <dreaming> [emoji57]

Its back to old price now.

Update: At snapdeal, this TV is selling for Rs 29,991 [ without exchange price ]

LG 42PN4500 42 Inches PDP HD Plasma Television
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-42pn4500-42-inches-pdp/1397174

Refer exchange price
http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/exchange-appliance-tv?&http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/exchange-appliance-tv?&

@Vinod.R --- booked today at snapdeal, opted for cash on delivery, I have received sms saying" you will receive conformation call / email in the next 24 hrs [btw 9 am to 6pm ]........... will update you with details.

I recall seeing the cash back offer too one day before I placed the order. Perhaps I'll see a credit in my account a few months down the line...?! <dreaming> [emoji57]

Its back to old price now.

LOL, flipkart took everyone for a ride................let see what snapdeal does with the said offer.........will update you guy :lol:

I too managed too add that to cart however the moment I clicked for payment it jacked it too 38500. Damn...m sure Amazon gonna offer better offers as flipkart teased Amazon CEO in a bad way. Its a business war for a very big market. I did manage Lumia 1020 at 19999. They offered 42w700 at 44000 and w900 at 59000 as well. Wanted plasma so missed 42w700 cheap offer.

Update: At snapdeal, this TV is selling for Rs 29,991 [ without exchange price ]

LG 42PN4500 42 Inches PDP HD Plasma Television
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-42pn4500-42-inches-pdp/1397174

Refer exchange price
http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/exchange-appliance-tv?&http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/exchange-appliance-tv?&

@Vinod.R --- booked today at snapdeal, opted for cash on delivery, I have received sms saying" you will receive conformation call / email in the next 24 hrs [btw 9 am to 6pm ]........... will update you with details.

Cash on delivery with Snapdeal is safe, at least you get the TV, and then pay the money upfront. BP and pulse rates will not go mad!

Received email from snapdeal saying " You have done all the hard work!! Now sit back and relax. We will send you an Email and SMS the moment your order items are dispatched to your address."............Delivery Date - - - Oct 15, 2014.

These TVs are coming straight from the godown. I got a unit manufactured in Aug 14 shipped in sept with 0hrs usage.

I bought LG4500 for Rs.14.5K (under exchange offer) through credit card at FK during their billion day sale. I was 95 percent sure that they would cancel my order and refund my money back but surprisingly they delivered it today.

It was impulse purchase due to price factor as I had already bought Toshiba 40L2400 on 3rd October for Rs.35.5K with 3 years warranty (Toshiba is issuing a separate warranty card for 2 years extended warranty during the Diwali sale) and a Nikon L29 camera worth 4K.

The plasma TV would be installed tomorrow. I am told that LG will honor the warranty.

I shall be using Plasma in the bedroom for watching regular TV channels. It will replace 32 inch Toshiba TV.

This is my first plasma TV so kindly let me know the precautions I should take during the first 100-200 hours of usage.

The Toshiba LED TV is attached to my Minix X8 android media player and hi-end audio system. At the showroom, I found that the blacks of Toshiba are deeper than the LG and Samsung models on display. Also there is very little reflection of light. My piece had some firmware problems with its built-in media player but Toshiba decided to replace the TV without any hassle. Today I got the new unit, manufactured by Dixon in October 2014.

If someone is interested in buying Nikon camera, kindly let me know. I don't need it as I already own a DSLR.

The only worry is that my bedroom is rather small with a viewing distance of 8-9 feet from the wall. If plasma TV looked bad at that distance, I may sell it.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back