Budget Printer

Yes they do, I've been using canon Pixma 3010 for about 2 years now, works fine as long as you are printing often, you stop and it's the same problem as any other inkjet printer
I have finalised on pixma 3010 and some where I read it can be left idle for 2 months. I actually don’t have a lot of printing requirement. Going for ink tank cause the reviews for inkjet are very poor. In reality I will need 10-15 printouts in an entire year especially during year end. Do you suggest if I print 2-3 pages every week it will remain problem free?

Yes they do, I've been using canon Pixma 3010 for about 2 years now, works fine as long as you are printing often, you stop, and it's the same problem as any other inkjet printer
Thank you, this is super helpful. I probably spent more time on troubleshooting than taking printouts. :p

Thank you, this is super helpful. I probably spent more time on troubleshooting than taking printouts. :p
Actually that was the main issue for me too. In a year maybe 50 to 60 monochrome printouts and at the same time wanted the ink not to dry or smudge after occasional use. Hence steered away from inkjet.
But I guess each one's usage/needs are different, hence may be suitable for some.

I have finalised on pixma 3010 and some where I read it can be left idle for 2 months. I actually don’t have a lot of printing requirement. Going for ink tank cause the reviews for inkjet are very poor. In reality I will need 10-15 printouts in an entire year especially during year end. Do you suggest if I print 2-3 pages every week it will remain problem free?
You dont need to Xerox / Copy documents ?

Scan n print PAN Cards etc ?

If you can do it regularly it should be fine, but I have not maintained it that way so can't say. 100% it will keep working, printers are a pain overall, for your requirement I would suggest get it printed in printo or print express, they give fantastic prints you can just mail it to them and then collect, my suggestion to you would be stay away from owning a printer for 15 prints a year

If you can do it regularly it should be fine, but I have not maintained it that way so can't say. 100% it will keep working, printers are a pain overall, for your requirement I would suggest get it printed in printo or print express, they give fantastic prints you can just mail it to them and then collect, my suggestion to you would be stay away from owning a printer for 15 prints a year
I COMPLETELY Agree

Most local Xerox centres also offer A-4 size colour print outs for approx Rs 10 each (atleast near where I live in Mumbai)

You dont need to Xerox / Copy documents ?

Scan n print PAN Cards etc ?
I do but not frequently. Year end for filing and once a quarter for reimbursements.
I COMPLETELY Agree

Most local Xerox centres also offer A-4 size colour print outs for approx Rs 10 each (atleast near where I live in Mumbai)
Yes I don’t need a printer for sure for the volume I print or scan in a year. Just getting one for convenience sake. Very annoying to drive down to a shop and take printouts when I require them and hence for convenience sake I want one. And since the usage is minimum I am looking at a reliable printer as it will be annoying if it doesn’t work properly at the time I am needing one scan or print job. May be once my 2.5 years old daughter starts going to school from next year the purchase will make more sense.Checked locally and the canon pixma G3010 is out of stock every where. The HP 410,415 which is the equivalent models for canon G3010 is available on stocks. Are HP good with reliability and after sales service?

I have finalised on two models. Canon picks G3010 or the hp415. Between canon and hp which is more reliable and has good after sales service?
Can’t say for sure. I have a Canon G3000 and no complaints per se.
HP shouldn’t be too bad either I suppose?

@superczar - do Ink tank printers also mess up like inkjet if left unused for days?
quite likely considering the fundamental mechanism/physics are the same.
The key difference though is a) one tends to take a lot more prints with an ink tank anyway since the variable cost is negligible.
b) I have added a scheduled job just to print a basic color page once every 5 days

HP shouldn’t be too bad either I suppose?
Hope so. In amazon many negative reviews for reliability and after sales support for HP. Going to try calling all canon dealers in Chennai and check. Nearby dealers all confirmed no stock and no clue to when they will get the same model back in stock

Depends on your usage patterns. The inkjet one’s are cheaper than the laser jet ones. The cartridges of inkjet printers tend to dry up if not used regularly, where as laser printer cartridges don’t dry up. May consider a Scanner Copier Printer due to its many benefits.
However laser printers are costing 10 k plus. HP and Canon All in printers are available around 3 to 4 k.

Thanks all and today got the HP 419 for 14800 since canon is out of stock in Chennai.One dealer had stock but demanded 18k which is more then MRP. Guess I’ll just need to schedule 2 prints every week to keep it in functioning state.

Need some tips to make film posters and Logo frames. So I took a colour print using 75GSM A4 paper and it looks decent. I am planning to use A4 200gsm glossy photo card which will give even better results.Please suggest the best 200gsm glossy paper and also how I can take prints in such a way that the entire A4 paper is covered so I can frame it. I don’t want white borders as shown in the A4 paper

Attachments

• 9338D627-20F6-4262-8DC4-8CA394AE1858.jpeg
    9338D627-20F6-4262-8DC4-8CA394AE1858.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 13
Need some tips to make film posters and Logo frames. So I took a colour print using 75GSM A4 paper and it looks decent. I am planning to use A4 200gsm glossy photo card which will give even better results.Please suggest the best 200gsm glossy paper and also how I can take prints in such a way that the entire A4 paper is covered so I can frame it. I don’t want white borders as shown in the A4 paper
I use this 210GSM glossy for colour photo printing and am satisfied with the results.

Full Colors 210 GSM A4 210x297mm Photo Paper High Glossy – Pack of 2 (40 Sheets) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07V5W39KB...abc_J6RHVGJCDVZYDM6Y16XH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Go through your printer manual. There should be a setting for printing whole page without borders.

... and also how I can take prints in such a way that the entire A4 paper is covered so I can frame it. I don’t want white borders as shown in the A4 paper
Check "Print Preferences" for your printer in the print dialog box. It should have a borderless printing option. If not, you will need to use the print suite for your printer which I'm sure will have the option.

I use this 210GSM glossy for colour photo printing and am satisfied with the results.

Full Colors 210 GSM A4 210x297mm Photo Paper High Glossy – Pack of 2 (40 Sheets) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07V5W39KB...abc_J6RHVGJCDVZYDM6Y16XH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Go through your printer manual. There should be a setting for printing whole page without borders.
Check "Print Preferences" for your printer in the print dialog box. It should have a borderless printing option. If not, you will need to use the print suite for your printer which I'm sure will have the option.
Yes there is a borderless printing option which I enabled. Does image resolution count for this purpose? This image is 1920*1080. What resolution image will fit the entire A4 size sheet? Or can I use any other software to print images irrespective to resolution?

Does image resolution count for this purpose? This image is 1920*1080. What resolution image will fit the entire A4 size sheet? Or can I use any other software to print images irrespective to resolution?
1920*1080 is 16:9 ratio. You should be able to change print resolution settings in the printer software. Higher resolution = sharper images.

1920*1080 is 16:9 ratio. You should be able to change print resolution settings in the printer software. Higher resolution = sharper images.
No, it doesnt.

Is there a "scale to size" or "fit to size" option? If yes, try that. Depending on the image size it may be stretched/skewed to fit.
I am getting only these limited options to print. The preview has white line border even when border-less printing is enabled.Scaling only has 2 options.Either Crop or fit to screen. I get the below when set to crop with the corners part of the image cropped out and the previous image shared when set fit to screen.This is strange cause normally we should be getting many options. No options to play with orientation or positioning the image

Capture.PNG

As Sean points out, 1920x1080 is HD res for a screen aspect ratio of 16:9

A4 paper has an aspect ratio of 1.4142 : 1

If you print a 16:9 picture on 1.4:1 paper with Fit To Paper, you will get a white boarder on top & bottom or both sides.

For boarderless printing, you will need to match the aspect ratios of the picture & paper, or crop / resize the picture to the aspect ratio of the paper.

About using 200 gsm paper, before you buy, check your printer manual that it will handle such thick paper.

If your printer uses a U shaped paper feed (typical for paper fed via a drawer under the printer) it will probably not handle thicker than 180 gsm

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back