Budget Projector - Help required

ukjeyaraj

Hi All,

My existing projector (NEC MT1050) stopped working since last 2 weeks. I have right now given it for diagnosing. In the mean time I am looking for a new projector.

Requirements

1) Budget - Strictly less than Rs.35,000
2) Resolution - Min XGA (Native)
3) Lumens - More than 2000
4) Lamp Hours - More than 2500 (In standard mode)
5) Connectivity - HDMI/DVI (can be ignored if it does not come within the budget)

Help required on following queries

1) What is user-repleacable lamp (Refer DELL 1410X spec)?
2) How to compare contrast ratio between projectors, when it is given in different standards (i.e., dynamic/static/full on and full off)?
3) Whether it is worth taking risk to buy a projector online from overseas for this small budget projector?

Regards

K Jeyaraj

First audition then take the model nos to Alfa
Least one salesman told me he will help me procuring if I have model nos.
Sony mony near alfa had some projectors 2-3 years back

Bought Epson EX71 from US - Thanks to a friend who made a short trip.

More details later. Will attach some pics of the projector after a week. (Right now shifting flat)

Would like to know how to take the photo of the image projected with basic digital camera like Kodak Easyshare C series. With some tips I will try to post the image of the pics too.

Initially looked for projectors from India with native resolution XGA.

Found few models in hitachi and benq within the budget from braintoneindia limited, who are located at mumbai in different places (near flora fountain, in irla, in bandra etc).

Got quotation from vivitek and dell from their dealers at chennai and mumbai.

When I came to know one of my friend is going to US on a short trip. Checked few models available in US and gave the list to him. He could get Epson EX71 for 35000K + plus tax in US and managed to bring it without much customs hassle.

Now I am very happy with my projector Epson EX71.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back