Budget setup < 27K INR, PJ - Egate P531 (1280x800)

Yes, the text is clear enough to read from 10 feet distance.

The speakers system is 4.1 and not a surround sound. (Sony SA-D10)
So, we have kept them all in the front.
I definitely agree, this is just a basic setup, but works well - for now :D

Any suggestions?

Ok fine.. Nope.. At best you can re-use the satellite as surrounds & suuround back when you upgrade to AVR..

Yes, the diagonal screen size is about 110 inches :D:cool:

Great..

Sure, I would also suggest you to try and re-position the PJ to get the best possible projection clarity.

Yes.. Will do them in sometime & share pics here..

I am looking forward to mod the screen - to make it brighter & clearer. Perhaps a grey paint to begin with

Do you mean painting the vinyl screen?:)

Hope you have seen Black diamond screen videos.. Try to get close to that thru experimentation.. There are handful of DIY black screen with paint videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssmLgmMwtA

Hi..Any idea if we can get any audio out of this in stereo? I plan to donate this to a Kids charity nearby. They need something for online classes/youtube videos/General viewing. Thought this is portable and cheap compared to giving them a second hand TV and hopefully easier to repair just in case.

In terms of the player itself - I got two options. Given that this projector has wifi and ethernet connections - anything from internet they can play directly and given it plays of USB drives - they can play non internet videos as well. I am planning to buy a 2200 rupee F&D 2.1 setup for sound. Is it possible to get stereo out of this to the F&D?

second option is to get a cheap computer or have a Raspberry kind of Linux computer. This will output stereo out to speakers and video out to HDMI to projetor and hopefully splitting audio and video on the Pi say on LInux is an easy job.

I would appreciate any help in this regard. Just to re-iterate:

Need:
Give a charity a AV setup for kids including some kind of computer (say if they want to play MS Office files or such)

My plan:
Egate 531 for display - 8000 INR
Inlight 84 inches 16:9 pull down calendar type screen - 1500 INR
F&D 2.1 Audio - 2000 INR
Some kind of computer - need help here.

Any different combo suggestions also welcome...except projector and screen already purchased. Thx

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back