Budget Setup - Sub with Dali Zensor 3

Rajpol

Hi All,

I took the plunge a week after joining Hi-Fi and it has been a decade since I have been reading about all these expensive audio stuff :). Now I ordered a pair of Zensor 3 from Amazon. Should be coming today or tomorrow - fingers crossed that everything works. I also plan to by an x1400H from Denon.

In a couple of months I plan to buy a sub-woofer - do let me know your ideas. I was thinking the F 12 from BIC or the Klipsch reference R10. I have also seen a few others from Paradigm (the 100?) and SVS.

So suggestions please.

I haven't heard the Sensor 3. Most owners said it had good LF extension.This has a very large bass/mid driver. It would be best to use it for some time (a couple of months at least!) and determine if it has sufficient LF extension in your place. Adding a sub is always tricky. While you can get more LF extension it could also ruin the quality of the bass as compared to no sub if not set properly.

The zensor 3 in all honesty is huge with a big bold sound. A budget sub would in all probability give u a poorer performance as compared to the standalone zensor 3. If you want to pair these speakers with a sub, make sure u invest in a sub upwards of 50k.

REL, SVS, Rhythmik are a few contenders.

Ps. Hope you got a good deal on amazon. The prices quoted there are sometimes quite ridiculous.

@celester340 Thanks for the suggestion. Than the sub has to wait. Yes, one of the reasons I bought the Zensor was because reviews said it has a good bold sound. Honestly, this is the first time in my life I have spent so much in a listening device :p. So far, all I had was a pair of Beyerdynamic and a Logitech THX computer speaker.

Well, the Amazon price was similar to prices in Amazon UK, richer sounds UK and Amazon US. Also, a few of the Indian sites that store the Dali had a similar price. So, yup I think it is good. For some reason the Q acoustics seem to have a huge difference in price from what is in Europe to what is in India.

@Fantastic Thank you for the suggestion.

right now the amazon says the Z3 selling price at Rs.36,000, with saving of 79% with MRP..174,399.00/-
you could have surely got little discount with authorized dealers in Bangalore.

right now the amazon says the Z3 selling price at Rs.36,000, with saving of 79% with MRP..174,399.00/-
you could have surely got little discount with authorized dealers in Bangalore.

Hi yes of course the MRP is nonsense but the online retailers -those who have Dali available are showing the same price. Maybe they would give a couple of thousand discount if I bargain a lot but than I have to visit all of them.
On a separate note can you tell me where I should look for the cheapest price for the Denon x1400H.

I am based out of Bangalore

I have dali zensor 3 and vocal which i think unmatched to same price range. I am advising you to buy dali vokal for movie, you will be amazed. I bought 8 inch Cambridge minx301. it is capable to produce low frequency upto 31 hz. due to space constraint i bought this sub. Before this i was able to hear good bass from zensor 3 but after adding this 300 watts sub, I can feel heavy bass. downside it is bit costly compare to bic america and other similar brand.

after adding all these speakers, I face one problem. I don't want to switch my home theater off. Oh god I am addicted!:)

Last edited:
I have dali zensor 3 and vocal which i think unmatched to same price range. I am advising you to buy dali vokal for movie, you will be amazed. I bought 8 inch Cambridge minx301. it is capable to produce low frequency upto 31 hz. due to space constraint i bought this sub. Before this i was able to hear good bass from zensor 3 but after adding this 300 watts sub, I can feel heavy bass. downside it is bit costly compare to bic america and other similar brand.

after adding all these speakers, I face one problem. I don't want to switch my home theater off. Oh god I am addicted!:)
Thank you

I tried a lot before to buy Yamaha subwoofer online of my choice but failed. They are on top for medium range.

Dont forget Velodyne Sub. No match with others. Pl find and review earlier forums. If you get it as Used one also still its worth it.
But better i will invest the amount in a decent Projector or a large-screen instead of just SUB. I bet Dali is capable of playing low's. If you pair them with good amps , a separate sub would not be a necessity. But choice is Yours Sir. Just a friendly advice.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back