Budget Speaker stand

i've these Tantonis make stands. at 1800/- INR i think they're ok -. i've filled columns with sand. they do sway a little when given a nudge as somebody reported earlier, but not to the wind. they seem to stand sturdy with small active monitors on them [Swans]. spikes are good to level the thing [though i would've preferred 3 spikes as opposed to 4 - makes it difficult to adjust - floor in my living room is uneven].

here is an image:
IMG_20160501_1313551_1.jpg

and my impressions about them:
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/63120-my-basic-stereo-set-up.html

Last edited:
I'm using 2 pairs of sound foundation stands - nexus and another pair as part of a group buy, both of them really good, stable and sturdy, worth the little bit of extra investment. Send an enquiry on their website mentioned in one of the posts above or check with FM magma for further details.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

i've these Tantonis make stands. at 1800/- INR i think they're ok -. i've filled columns with sand. they do sway a little when given a nudge as somebody reported earlier, but not to the wind. they seem to stand sturdy with small active monitors on them [Swans]. spikes are good to level the thing [though i would've preferred 3 spikes as opposed to 4 - makes it difficult to adjust - floor in my living room is uneven].

and my impressions about them:
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/63120-my-basic-stereo-set-up.html

Ahh you must have got the updated model which allow Sand filling. Mine cannot be sand filled. Tried all sorts of things to make them more stable, with not very satisfactory results. Got an idea for this weekend, hope it works. And yes, totally agree on the spikes. I always thought that vitrified tiles were flat, apparently they are not. Stand's base is flat, checked with a leveler.

MaSh

Last edited:
Stands are too costly, i have seen stands which are costlier than speakers
For bookshelf speakers , you can make by yourself with wood / upvc pipes .There are lots of DIY stands on youtube search and see.

Please suggest me good stands for my KEF Q300 speakers. The budget is < 10000. Also, where they can be bought?

I have bought stands from SoundFoundation, model is Nemisis. They are solid and heavy. Happy with my purchase and also the interaction with Ali (mostly over emails) is very smooth.

Attachments

• SpeakerStand.jpg
    SpeakerStand.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 63
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back