Budget stereo system

I have been using computer speakers and Bluetooth speakers to listen music. Now I wanted to upgrade to a stereo music system. That's the reason I joined this forum. I have few doubts and need suggestions.

1. To my knowledge a stereo system needs a source ,stereo amplifier and bookshelf/floor standing speakers. Is a separate sub woofer necessary for a stereo system?

2. My music source would be laptop and mobile phone. Is DAC necessary to connect laptop/mobile with the stereo amplifier?

3. For a stereo system, which would be better floor standing or bookshelf speakers?

4. My budget is 25-30k. I will mostly listen to Indian movie songs. A Little bit of bass lover. Going to setup the system in my bedroom. Room size is 15*11 feet. Considering the budget I think I couldn't get a decent stereo system with DAC and woofer and floor standing speakers. That's why I asked the above questions. I am very much open to used products. Kindly advice me.

Thank you

I have a brand new, never used, open box Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system. In fact I have two. But I have used one and the other is un-used.
I had bought it from US. I made a 230V to 110V transformer for both of them. The used one is also in top working condition.
Google the model and see if the specs match your requirements. If it does, I'll post it in the Buy/ Sell section and we can take it up from there.

Regards,

Ravindra.

If you are OK with active speakers, consider the Presonus Eris E5. With the remainder of your budget plus just a bit more you could perhaps add in a DAC or interface like the Behringer UMC202HD.

Last edited:
Norge 2060 is a good stereo amp to start and VFM option. Pair with any good bookshelf and later add a sub if needed.
i agree. i have a 2060 with millenium speakers for the last few years and i am happy. for bluetooth connectivity use the logitech bluetooth receiver( i have this too). pretty decent quality for the money.

SMSL A13 (from aliexpress) + the award winning Wharfdale Diamond 220 (from HiFi mart)

Just a suggestion, i have no experience with either so I request other FMs to chime in and share their views.

I am using Cambridge Audio Topaz SR 10 along with Boston Acoustics A26 and I must say I am pretty happy with it.

My source is Mopidy Music server on top of Rapsberry Pi B+ with Cirrus audio DAC and music stored on USB HDD.

Also, with BA - A26 I don't miss the sub-woofer. Bass is pretty good on BA - A26.

Hope this helps.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back