budget sub for swans m200mkii / &DAC/Soundcard queries

prozkater

hi..
i just wanted to know which budget subwoofer will go well with swan m200mkii speakers? i'm not a basshead at all..but i want to add little more bass to my music..below is my setup:

pc > asus xonar dx > swans m200mkii

also if i upgrade xonar dx to xonar stx or other budget DAC will it be worth it? i don;t need headphone amp etc..i only care about better sound quality..a noticeable upgrade that is..

i listen to almost all kinds of music except hip hop && rap.
90% music , 5%gaming 5%movies , so i dont care how the music sounds during games or movies.

many thanks in advance..

Does Swans make subs? If they do, that'd be your best bet. Abhi of HifiNage would be in the best position to answer this.

If you really care about the sound quality for music as you mentioned, then 'Asus Xonar ST' would be an assured up gradation for you. but its Stereo card, not multichannel.

Does Swans make subs? If they do, that'd be your best bet. Abhi of HifiNage would be in the best position to answer this.

i bought it from hifiinage only.. sadly swans subs are out of my budget..

If you really care about the sound quality for music as you mentioned, then 'Asus Xonar ST' would be an assured up gradation for you. but its Stereo card, not multichannel.

any other options other than xonar st as my mobo doesn't have pci slot ?

ok one more question; how much improvement/SQ gain can i expect from xonar STX as i am currently using xonar DX? if it is minimal then any other good DAC upgrade?

Xonar DX is a good card. I have switched from DX to STX (Courtesy: fm sagarvikram) the change is definitely noticeable on my system. It will depend a lot on how revealing other components i the system are. Which city are you in? Why not ring up a fellow member who owns the STX and try to pair up your swans and see how it goes. I am sure theres at least one member in each major town that has an ST/STX. And generally we are a very warm community ;) (Though we prefer neutral components)

Xonar DX is a good card. I have switched from DX to STX (Courtesy: fm sagarvikram) the change is definitely noticeable on my system. It will depend a lot on how revealing other components i the system are. Which city are you in? Why not ring up a fellow member who owns the STX and try to pair up your swans and see how it goes. I am sure theres at least one member in each major town that has an ST/STX. And generally we are a very warm community ;) (Though we prefer neutral components)

That would be great!! Like i've said my xonar dx is connected to swans m200mkii , it sounds good only but i'm not that satisfied, it might be because of the speaker placement as my room is quite small also, i'm currently located in south delhi @safdarjung enclave btw

I am restoring an old thread. One of my friend is going to get a PC built up. He asked my opinion on PC sound card and PC speaker. The sound card, which first comes to my mind is Asus xonar essence STX, which I am personally using and I am very satisfied with it as source and great VFM.

The speaker I have suggested to him is Audioengine-A2, as his room is only 11 ft x 10.5 ft. But how would be Swan 200mkII in his room. How big is this Swan speaker? My friend will place the speakers with hardly 6 - 8 Inches rear space. Will Swan 200mkII be a good selection for him?

did u try polk woofer? or a Velodyne which is simply better. If you've budget look towards SVS woofers

You seriously recommending 60k subs to a less than entry level speaker of 20k per pair?

Stx will make a slight difference, not much. Enough to not notice unless you do side by side test. I have owned both, the difference is very slight unless you need a headphone amp or modding ability. If you have unlimited money then go for it else your dx is about as good for most practical purposes. Such small differences can also be had with expensive cables though that might cost more, but just want to make you realize that the difference isn't noticeable except for side by side comparisons.

Infact with a 20k speaker I wouldn't recommend a sub. The cheapest active or powered sub will be 20k. I would rather buy a speaker setup for 40-60k that spend 20k plus 20k.

You could have gone for mkiii if you wanted more bass.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back