Building HTPC- Gaming PC!

PC gamers are cursed people. No matter how big we build, they become outdated pretty soon. Look at the console gamers... Blissfully playing all new games on their age old hardware without worrying about settings.:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

.. if the screen size increases over 24 " a 1920x1080 would be fitting one and when in that kind of resolutions whats the use of playing with a medium settings with no HBAO and AA @ 4x AF @16x and Ambient Occlusion is a blessing for me... (I know I sound like a BF3 fanboi.. may be I am.. :D) Call me greedy but everything here begs for the next supporting feature to tag along .. and I simply cannot disagree there... :rolleyes:.. I know that you did say about the crunch time.. but wait and buy better is my motto..:eek:hyeah:

Well to an extent I agree, but as a comparison, its clearly evident, that my 2x5850 played BF3 (ALL SETTINGS high full AF n AA) on my 24" DELL with 1920x1080 res easily..... so @santy you can assess what 7850 can do ..... trust me its gonna last easily for 2 years .... GPU industry is moving much faster than gaming industry ...... every 6 months we have a new powerfull card, but no games to actually take the full advantage ..... by the time games arrive to take full advantage you already would have moved ahead 2 years and planning to upgrade your GPU .... I have been in to this Gaming for 15+ years now ..... and have upgraded cards like clothes right from Riva-TNT2 days (1995) .... but I still say, 7850 is good enough on a single monitor with 1080p res ........

Once more thing, if you go and look at the bench marks ... and see some huge double barrel ultra OCed card at the top churning 100-150 fps for a graphic intensive game and yours is sitting meekly, some where at the bottom with only 40fps, dont get disheartened...... 35-40fps constant is ALL you need for a smooth gameplay .... after our eyes cannot make a difference ........ imp are the settings ... AA and AF, HDR, Ambient collusion etc ..... if a card is able to give 35+fps with all these set to max..... get it ...simple rather than a card that gives more fps with couple of these things switched off .......
Just my 2 cents

Regards
SaMMY

PC gamers are cursed people. No matter how big we build, they become outdated pretty soon. Look at the console gamers... Blissfully playing all new games on their age old hardware without worrying about settings.:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I strongly defy and deny, I have an XBOX 360 as well, and its eating dust, in the corner ,,,, PC games excel in everything, specially the graphics department, tell me what good a game like Crysis 3 or FARCRY 3 (My top games) would do if played on crappy res with no juice to enjoy them ..... console people are poor people who do not game for gaming but pass time ..... Plus with PC you can always connect an xbox controller and have a feel of console ....

The reason console people have to content is coz there is no other option for those poor people, they cant upgrade, so they have to play all the games on that poor crappy resolution and settings ......

As I said on the previous post GPU does not get outdated .... its just GPU industry is bringing products much faster than needed, simply because most of us think that the moment a new version is launched, the old one one becomes pathetic and would not play the current gen games ..... all mis concepts ....

Regards
SaMMY

Last edited:
Once more thing, if you go and look at the bench marks ... and see some huge double barrel ultra OCed card at the top churning 100-150 fps for a graphic intensive game and yours is sitting meekly, some where at the bottom with only 40fps, dont get disheartened......

errr... have you been to a mind-reading course? :eek:hyeah:
Well I was hoping that someone would help me to roll back to 7850.
I know our mind will keep craving for more, there's no end to it. I hope I can control the greed of that super hifi ultra radical settings and resolutions! :)

I am pulling the trigger guys. May be after an year, I would x-fire it.

Moral of the story: rud3dawg is a dangerous man :eek:hyeah:

errr... have you been to a mind-reading course? :eek:hyeah:
Well I was hoping that someone would help me to roll back to 7850.
I know our mind will keep craving for more, there's no end to it. I hope I can control the greed of that super hifi ultra radical settings and resolutions! :)

I am pulling the trigger guys. May be after an year, I would x-fire it.

Moral of the story: rud3dawg is a dangerous man :eek:hyeah:

Cmon!!! I gave you a Thumbs up!!! for the 7850.. and what i ve given are actuals.. please check if you can play BF3 with all settings High and get 40 fps when there s bomb blast or explosion or even a crowded scene in multiplayer near you!!! I am and have been playing BF3 since over a year now.. Try this after you install rest of your software and then keep browser with 4-5 tabs open.. :p

but that hurts Santy .. after giving you a Thumbs up for 7850!!! :(

That hurts..

Cmon!!! I gave you a Thumbs up!!! for the 7850.. and what i ve given are actuals.. please check if you can play BF3 with all settings High and get 40 fps when there s bomb blast or explosion or even a crowded scene in multiplayer near you!!! I am and have been playing BF3 since over a year now.. Try this after you install rest of your software and then keep browser with 4-5 tabs open.. :p

That hurts..

hey chill buddy. I was just kidding. :eek: Dangerous in the sense, you might push people beyond what they can afford.:) No intention to demean your suggestions... I appreciate them, really. You have a top of the line GPU so obviously your suggestions tend to be skewed towards bigger and better. If I ask someone having BMW as to which car to choose Hyundai or Maruti, obviously he will try to push to something above that. I am just looking for best bang for the buck. Dont get me wrong bro..

Thanks for the remote tip. Yes it is must.
Regarding PSU, the GPU you are having is of 40nm technology. 78xx is made with 28nm technology which runs lot cooler and also consumes less power. Correct me if I am wrong

No you're right, 28nm chip GPU does run cooler and consumes much less power. And if you're not planning on adding any more hdd's or any major upgrades in the recent future u can do fine with the 600 watt PSU.
:thumbsup:

hey chill buddy. I was just kidding. :eek: Dangerous in the sense, you might push people beyond what they can afford.:) No intention to demean your suggestions... I appreciate them, really. You have a top of the line GPU so obviously your suggestions tend to be skewed towards bigger and better. If I ask someone having BMW as to which car to choose Hyundai or Maruti, obviously he will try to push to something above that. I am just looking for best bang for the buck. Dont get me wrong bro..

Lols.. no offense taken anyways I was yanking yor chain even.. you didnt have to go so deep :D but I like the way you put it.. gosh.. a bimmah huh!!! wish i could get myself one of those :D.. but honestly you should feel the power in a dual GPU cards.. I personally have owned a 5970, 6990 and they are truly bea~yutiful!!!! and just going by the Bang for buck thought I had agreed that you can go for 7850 or even 7750 which a colleague of mine has and who says its pretty good.... Any who.. hope you have a blast with your new system and hope to see you post pics of it too!!! :eek:hyeah:

That hurts..

Well not to sound to critical, I think I did say, that I was able to play BF3 with all settings set to high on my 24" @ 1080p, so if I can 7870 easily can ....

Guys

I have one query. My mobo specs say it has 2 fan headers. One for CPU and one for system fan. I already have got two fans supplied with the cabinet. Does it mean I can power up only one out of it?

Edit: about the mouse, never mind, got myself logitech g400
Edit: Well I got the answer. There are multiple connectors on the fan one of which I can directly plug into the PSU. Thanks

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back