Building Setup; Going to UK What to Pick Up?

@ TaureanBull Back to the point , still In India want to continue the discusion about TT and other stuff from UK?

@ TaureanBull Back to the point , still In India want to continue the discusion about TT and other stuff from UK?

Yeah Hemant I would love to do that. Carrying a TT all the way from UK is no good idea. If I can get one in India preferably a new Technics 1200 then I would love even if its few thousands costlier.

I am open to used Technics or other options in the same price range.

I would like some advise about the cartidges too. Looking forward...

Come on guys...need suggestions on this TT issue. or Possibly I post in the Phono/Turntable section. Does it make a sense to buy a phono stage?

For the stereo setup I would recommend you to buy KEF IQ90s. They have just been discontinued and replaced with new Q series. But the IQ90's were much better for music according to the reviews. You should be able to get a good deal on then in the UK (50% off). If not for yourself then please bring a pair for me dude.:)

I would love to but how do i get them with me? Thats the whole question. I would have to get them shipped to India. Dont know if thats a good idea or is it economical. The FS looks stunning though. Not sure how much do they cost in India.

Last edited:
I would love to but how do i get them with me? Thats the whole question. I would have to get them shipped to India. Dont know if thats a good idea or is it economical. The FS looks stunning though. Not sure how much do they cost in India.

I dont think its a great idea to ship FS, its risky and expensive. Try with ProFX, they had leftover pieces of KEF IQ series which they were selling at a bargain price.

You can buy the Bookshelf version and carry them but weight might still be an issue.

As I ponder over my TT options, I wouldlike to ask about LPs.

How is the used LPs scene in India/Delhi for Rock, Pop, Hip-hop and Country records? Does it make sense to pick up used LPs from UK? :p

I want to know from the price and availability point of it.

I'm in the UK as well and now am thinking about picking something for myself :)
Im getting dali lektor 2 for 150 pounds (around 11.5 k INR) .. good deal?

About CA Sonata :

Cambridge Audio Sonata CD30 CD Player

Is this the one you are talking about. Then 3k definitely sounds a steal to me... I love the CA sound

I'm in the UK as well and now am thinking about picking something for myself :)
Im getting dali lektor 2 for 150 pounds (around 11.5 k INR) .. good deal?

About CA Sonata :

Cambridge Audio Sonata CD30 CD Player

Is this the one you are talking about. Then 3k definitely sounds a steal to me... I love the CA sound

Yep I was talking about this one. Its a definite steal of a price. Its not the best of the CDPs from CA but look at the price.

I dropped the plan to buy it because of weight issues and secondly most of my collection is in FLACs. I rarely use CDs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back