Building your own gaming desktop

UPS is suggested as your device will turn off when there is a power cut. Issues arising could be
i) If there is high frequency of power cuts, there will be abrupt shut downs which is not good for the components.
ii) if you are working on anything and have not saved the same , all progress is gone (depends on software too), applies for in-game save too
iii) Protection against spikes which again can be achieved via cheaper alternatives but ups also facilitates the same
plus one for this

without UPS there is a high chance of data corruption including OS getting corrupted and hdd going bad, so have a ups which at least supports for 5 mins where you can put the system to sleep or shut it down

check https://ezpzsolutions.in/, they are based in lamington road, mumbai. They may charge a premium for the service but it will be better than most of other neighbour shop. Its owner is a very good friend of mine, let me know if you visit him someday.

Buy the components from Prime abgb and they shall assemble it for you.
Hi Ramanuj,
Contacted these guys who have provide the estimate as under:

Processor - ryzen 5 3600
17100​
motherboard - b450 pro M VDH MAX
7200​
Memory 16gb gskill gvk 3200
6200​
Hard Drive 1tb wd sata
2950​
SSD 256GB nvme sabrent
3900​
Cabinet Cooler Master K501 l argb cabinet
4900​
Power Supply Cooler master 650 smps
4600​
GPU 1660 super
34500​

However, my grandson (12 YO) observed that except for GPU, other components are OK. For GPU, he is suggesting RTX 2080. I would request brothers to let me know if this RTX 2080 is the right choice and compatible to the above components. Also, are the ABGB guys have missed something? Thanks in advance!
NS

Hi Ramanuj,

Processor - ryzen 5 3600
17100​
7200​
6200​
Hard Drive 1tb wd sata
2950​
SSD 256GB nvme sabrent
3900​
4900​
4600​
GPU 1660 super
34500​

However, my grandson (12 YO) observed that except for GPU, other components are OK. For GPU, he is suggesting RTX 2080. I would request brothers to let me know if this RTX 2080 is the right choice and compatible to the above components. Also, are the ABGB guys have missed something? Thanks in advance!
NS

Few suggestions
i) Instead of 1 TB WD SATA + 256 SSD , get a 1TB NVME SSD (Kingston , costed me 9200 and might be cheaper in Mumbai) , add a SATA in future if space becomes an issue
ii) Power Supply - Get a better one from Seasonic/Antec (Bronze or Gold rated as per budget). The CM 650 smps are said to be not that good
iii) Regarding the GPU for a 2080 , you might need to go for a 750 watt smps just to be on the safer side. 2080 will anyday be better than 1660 by miles for gaming on Full HD high/ultra settings, would suggest to see if you can get hold of a 3060 under 50k and that should be as good as the 2080 overall & also is the latest generation (please note both 2080 and 3060 would cost you quiet a bit more than the 1660).
The 2080 can be had used with about 2-3 years warranty remaining for 35-38k , i got an used 2080 ti for 45k with about 3 years remaining warranty.

Hi Ramanuj,

Processor - ryzen 5 3600
17100​
7200​
6200​
Hard Drive 1tb wd sata
2950​
SSD 256GB nvme sabrent
3900​
4900​
4600​
GPU 1660 super
34500​

NS
That is a good configuration however the RTX 2080 might cost around 65k to 68K.

Hi Ramanuj,

Processor - ryzen 5 3600
17100​
7200​
6200​
Hard Drive 1tb wd sata
2950​
SSD 256GB nvme sabrent
3900​
4900​
4600​
GPU 1660 super
34500​

NS
For your budget they have given you the best configuration however for some 2000 rupees more you can go for a B550 chipset based mother board, 512GB NVME (games will load faster kept in a separate partition in the NVME apart from the OS). Change the Cabinet to Antec DP-501 for Rs 500 more it's a way better cabinet over what's been suggested. I would have changed the PSU to a Gold related Seasonic or Corsair but then that would have increased the price by another 3k. The best GPU has already been suggested for your budget anything better will be equal to your entire budget for the PC, graphic card prices have become mindless of late. I don't see any monitor or UPS or keyboard and mouse/mat or headphones/2.1 sound system in the configuration.

Last edited:
Hi friends, I am very close to deciding but stuck at graphic card. I have zeroed in on the following:

Processor - Ryzen 5 3600

1TB NVME SSD (Kingston) OR WD

Power Supply - Seasonic/Antec (Bronze or Gold rated)

Cabinet Antec DP-501

For all the above my local Computerwala has quoted Rs. 44,000 plus taxes.
Now the problem is GPU. This local computerwala has suggested MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X for Rs. 31,500 plus taxes. However, the reviews are not good on the Net. The other option he suggested is RTX 3060 12 GB for Rs. 49,500 plus tax. What is your opinion friends?

Hi friends, I am very close to deciding but stuck at graphic card. I have zeroed in on the following:

Processor - Ryzen 5 3600

Cabinet Antec DP-501

Now the problem is GPU. This local computerwala has suggested MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X for Rs. 31,500 plus taxes. However, the reviews are not good on the Net. The other option he suggested is RTX 3060 12 GB for Rs. 49,500 plus tax. What is your opinion friends?
My suggestion would be to avoid both for now ( The MSI Radeon is not worth the price , 3060 is way too overpriced). Get a used 2XXX series card with warranty , sell it after a year or so when the market stabilizes (hopefully) and get the latest gen card that time.

If you are not open to getting used cards , go for the 3060 ti.

Processor - Ryzen 5 3600

Cabinet Antec DP-501

Suggest to change motherboard to ASRock B450M PRO4. almost same price.
In SSD, not all are same. QLC are cheaper than TLC and so on. Then DRMless and DRM SSD to be considered. Purchase 256 gb or 512gb Nvme (Samsung or Silicon Power I prefer) for windows and normal 2 tb hard disk for storage space.
GPU are too overpriced now a days. Suggest to check Indianvideogamer forums, Indiangaming reddit community for used GPU under warranty which shall give good value for money. I saw 2080 super with approx 2 years warranty for 42k something on reddit few time ago, better than what has been offered to you.
Regarding Assembly, Normally any computer shop near you shall charge you about 500/- to assemble your components. If you are buying fmain components from one store, he may assemble for you free.
Further you have not considered cost of operating system. Don't get pirated copy installed on your system. There are ways to get cheaper genuine windows. PM me if help required.

Hi Ramanuj,

Processor - ryzen 5 3600
17100​
7200​
6200​
Hard Drive 1tb wd sata
2950​
SSD 256GB nvme sabrent
3900​
4900​
4600​
GPU 1660 super
34500​

NS

Holy Moly. Thats a crazy price for a 1660 super, especially when you can probably get an RTX2070 for the same price.

Also, if its a gaming PC that you're getting assembled, no point going for the AMD 3xxx series. You can save yourself a considerable amount of dough and go with an Intel 9400F which will cost around 10k and give you the same, if not better, gaming performance (you can look at thousands of independent user and professional reviews in this regard which are available on Youtube). Only the 5xxx series has gaming performance at par or better than Intel.

I built myself a gaming PC very recently and I was torn between the intel 9400F and the AMD 5600x. The fact of the matter is, only these two choices made sense as nothing in between offers decent value for money at the moment.

Finally I decided with the latter since I wanted a build which was going to be relatively future proof.

Suggest to change motherboard to ASRock B450M PRO4. almost same price.
In SSD, not all are same. QLC are cheaper than TLC and so on. Then DRMless and DRM SSD to be considered. Purchase 256 gb or 512gb Nvme (Samsung or Silicon Power I prefer) for windows and normal 2 tb hard disk for storage space.
GPU are too overpriced now a days. Suggest to check Indianvideogamer forums, Indiangaming reddit community for used GPU under warranty which shall give good value for money. I saw 2080 super with approx 2 years warranty for 42k something on reddit few time ago, better than what has been offered to you.
Regarding Assembly, Normally any computer shop near you shall charge you about 500/- to assemble your components. If you are buying fmain components from one store, he may assemble for you free.
Further you have not considered cost of operating system. Don't get pirated copy installed on your system. There are ways to get cheaper genuine windows. PM me if help required.
Thanks a lot Bro, but saw your suggestions after I had already paid! Finally opted for RTX 3060. Perhaps I should have waited for some time!

Now need your help for another issue. I am having Airtel broadband which is in the hall. I get speed of 125 MBPS most of the time, but in the bedroom where the gaming computer is installed, the speed drops down to 23-24 MBPS. The local computerwala says that for good speed, I have to connect through a wire only which would not possible without doing some civil work. Any suggestion as to improving the speed? I am thinking of having a wireless Dongle (TPL UB 400). Would it serve the purpose?

Now need your help for another issue. I am having Airtel broadband which is in the hall. I get speed of 125 MBPS most of the time, but in the bedroom where the gaming computer is installed, the speed drops down to 23-24 MBPS. The local computerwala says that for good speed, I have to connect through a wire only which would not possible without doing some civil work. Any suggestion as to improving the speed? I am thinking of having a wireless Dongle (TPL UB 400). Would it serve the purpose?
Get a good Wi-Fi router like Asus RT-AC68/86U, hook it with your ISP supplied Modem/Router and it will improve your overall Wi-Fi reception dramatically.

How your pc connected to wifi, if its single band dingle, you will get max 50 Mbps. Also I don't suggest dual band USB dongle due to narrow band. Prefer to install PCI based network card.

How your pc connected to wifi, if its single band dingle, you will get max 50 Mbps. Also I don't suggest dual band USB dongle due to narrow band. Prefer to install PCI based network card.
At the moment it's an old model TP Link dongle. I am certain that this also needs to be changed. But I agree with you that PC based would definitely better. Thanks!

Holy Moly. Thats a crazy price for a 1660 super, especially when you can probably get an RTX2070 for the same price.

Also, if its a gaming PC that you're getting assembled, no point going for the AMD 3xxx series. You can save yourself a considerable amount of dough and go with an Intel 9400F which will cost around 10k and give you the same, if not better, gaming performance (you can look at thousands of independent user and professional reviews in this regard which are available on Youtube). Only the 5xxx series has gaming performance at par or better than Intel.

I built myself a gaming PC very recently and I was torn between the intel 9400F and the AMD 5600x. The fact of the matter is, only these two choices made sense as nothing in between offers decent value for money at the moment.

Finally I decided with the latter since I wanted a build which was going to be relatively future proof.

The 3600x also to be much better than the intel counterparts as per benchmark , not sure how much it translates into a real life performance, and also doesn't seem to have any sort of bottleneck with higher end nvidia cards for gaming. Personally think it will be more future proof, i too ended up with 5600x considering future proofing the setup.

GPU market has gone absolute nuts right now, i thought prices are high few months back and thought would stabilize by now, seems even crazier now. When i was getting my PC built was getting quotes of about 75k+ for a 3080 and now the 3070 versions cost just as much. The 2xxx series cards have appreciated in value , luckily I picked up an used 2080ti with 3 years warranty remaining at a fairly decent price and can wait infinitely till the situation improves.

The 3600x also to be much better than the intel counterparts as per benchmark , not sure how much it translates into a real life performance, and also doesn't seem to have any sort of bottleneck with higher end nvidia cards for gaming. Personally think it will be more future proof, i too ended up with 5600x considering future proofing the setup.

GPU market has gone absolute nuts right now, i thought prices are high few months back and thought would stabilize by now, seems even crazier now. When i was getting my PC built was getting quotes of about 75k+ for a 3080 and now the 3070 versions cost just as much. The 2xxx series cards have appreciated in value , luckily I picked up an used 2080ti with 3 years warranty remaining at a fairly decent price and can wait infinitely till the situation improves.
75k for a 3080 seems like a bargain. Makes sense to go with a used 2080ti as there seems to be no point waiting for the market to rationalise. Im relegated to a 1030 which was lying around but never put to use. Gaming was never the point though, more of an HTPC (will definitely get a 3080 when the prices are what they should be). But my pièce de résistance is the case(it weighs 48.4 pounds). Watch out for future posts :D

75k for a 3080 seems like a bargain. Makes sense to go with a used 2080ti as there seems to be no point waiting for the market to rationalise. Im relegated to a 1030 which was lying around but never put to use. Gaming was never the point though, more of an HTPC (will definitely get a 3080 when the prices are what they should be). But my pièce de résistance is the case(it weighs 48.4 pounds). Watch out for future posts :D
Woah , that's one heavy cabinet :) , here is a picture of the rig I built

https://www.hifivision.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDlIVoiE.jpg&hash=b2da577dd503a148dc104c4b4722e02b

That looks sick! Good going with the radiator for the CPU. really cleans up the look. Have you attached the GPU to a radiator as well?

Whats the front of the cabinet like?

I was looking at my Cabinet keeping my cabinet horizontally (as well as the GPU. And yeah, I got RGB fever too! Got 14 fans for the case and contemplating if I need more :rolleyes: Maybe a radiator?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back