Bulding an HT for Under 75k!

ok...

so now for my 50k (approx) speaker setup with two towers, I now have following options:
1. Polk TSi300 + TSi100 + CS10 + PSW125
2. Wharfedale Obsidian 5.0 pkg.
3. Jamo S606 5.0 pkg
4. Yamaha NS555 + low end cent + surround

can you suggest any other options????

Last edited:
so he is my setup for under 75 K

NR 609 - 27 K
UWF-1 - 2.5 K
Procinema 60.6 - 21 K
Step Down 3.5 K
Cables - 2.5 K

Total - 56.5

You can add a couple of fronts and/or a sub for the 7.1/5.2 or both for a 7.2 with the spare change :) :)

where do i find mission? i did not see them anywhere in rajkot / ahemedabad and i dot want to purchase anything without an audition

where do i find mission? i did not see them anywhere in rajkot / ahemedabad and i dot want to purchase anything without an audition

U wud have to source/audition them from mumbai. A lot of HFV members bought m34i in last 2 years. It was time Norge+m34i combo was very popular stereo setup. Contact Vijay Sales, Prabhadevi, Mumbai. (022 24216010).

hi paritosh
since your interests mostly involve around music ....where honestly watching movies
ain't that frequent ....why don't you try stereo receivers instead of multi channel receivers
that would save you enough money for you to buy good speakers .............. there is however a catch the better the speakers the amp should really be good to drive those speakers and so the cash flow is also proportionately high and since your budget is limited you got to understand that and settle for something lower down.

hi paritosh
since your interests mostly involve around music ....where honestly watching movies
ain't that frequent ....why don't you try stereo receivers instead of multi channel receivers
that would save you enough money for you to buy good speakers .............. there is however a catch the better the speakers the amp should really be good to drive those speakers and so the cash flow is also proportionately high and since your budget is limited you got to understand that and settle for something lower down.

well put, bleakfuture.

well, its always a difficult balancing act. thats the reason i'm confused.

principally, i wanna put aside 25k for AVR and 50k for 5.1 speakers. i have decided on this formate / setup because i love my music but also am fond of hollywood movies (and so is my 3yrs little bundle of joy- who daily watches Cars like a religion, i'm also having his room designed around cars theme)

well,,,,

i got another new quote for the setup:

Jamo S506 5.0 speaker set with matching center and surrounds and SUB200. that would cost me around 54k + 2.5% Gujarat Vat. The AVR would be Denon 1311. I have done any bargaining though.

any idea how it sounds?

No, the quote is from an ahemedabad dealer. what should be a good price for the combo then?

i also enquired about whether to go for 1311 or 1611, but he said theres no need to go for 1611.

Don't believe the dealer. Go for 1611. It has advanced features not available in 1311 like OSD, video upconversion etc.

thanks, i'll do that.

also, have you checked the setups (wharfedale Obsidian / Jamo S506 / Jamo S606)? according to you, which is a better speaker series?

do let me know

Sorry I have no idea about speakers. I'm also in the process for purchasing an avr. Denon 1611 is the first one in my list. I will bother about speakers only after that.

hi,

i'm planning to have audition for Elac 50 series pkg today evening at Onkyo stores. They also have MK sound, B-W' Acaustic Energy brands with them. Can you tell me which of those fall around 60k for 5.1pkg?
and, i found that avg asking prices for all pkgs like Jamo, Wharfedale, Polk etc are atleast 20percent higher than other places in Gujarat. why so? is it taxes (there is 2.5pc VAT).
pl help

i tried to open the link, also registered to the forum, but was denied access and my registration was cancelled. could you tell me the contents?

BTW, are you originally from Rajkot / Gujarat or here for your business / job?

Might be that TE requires some post count before u can access market threads. I came to know afterwords that the same thing is listed here at HFV as well. They r polk tsi 300 for 15500 plus shipping. See classified, for sale by vendor.

Yes, I am from rajkot originally.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back